Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Odd Solar Centering result??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

loren

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  1:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been practicing mantra meditation for some time, and started to incorporate a variety of AYP methods into my existing practice since 2013.

I recently added solar centering and immediately became aware of a mix of feelings, increased physical energy, better appetite etc. One consistent aspect of this practice for me is the feelings it invokes during meditation and sometimes throughout the day. I would say it's all manageable, I don't need to self-pace yet. I suspect Yogani would say I'm purifying and that's good.

Here's my specific question: I establish the mantra in my usual manner as meditation starts, when japa is automatic (ajapa) my awareness tends to drift into feeling the solar plexus and I stay there. It remains in the general region of solar plexus just as a fuzzy focus on feeling. What I am puzzled by is the mix of feelings, they are sometimes subtle and not really strong. But, they consist of a spaciousness, nausea, tension, and much more subtle pain that pervades the entire space. Frankly I don't find this mix to be difficult to sustain, it's just an extremely odd, almost contradictory mass of "stuff". I often have a constant awareness of the tension-pain pairing during the day if my awareness is focused on external tasks.

Does anyone on the Forum have similar results with solar centering?

Edited by - loren on Jan 30 2015 6:21:17 PM

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  4:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Loren and welcome!

I use solar centering in every sitting and usually find it a subtle, stabilizing influence. It sounds as if you are doing it correctly. As it isn't too troubling for you yet I would observe this phenomenon a while and see what manifests. Most likely these symptoms are a temporary diversion. Of course you can always drop the practice if it doesn't change for the better. I don't recall any forum threads regarding detrimental solar centering; perhaps other yogis will weigh in about this. Keep us posted!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  6:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Loren,

Really good stuff and please be careful if you notice it getting to much please back off.

I have found it all goes through the heart. Once your heart opens up and you start noticing flows of energy you will notice that emotions flow from the heart. It is like wind hits an obstruction in your heart that creates a sensation and then your mind tries to make a story to fit that feeling.

So it is all right there in your heart and it is a very good thing that you can feel it. If you notice the emotions after SC just try to be with the physical sensation, not the story the feeling of it and give it love.

The pain you are feeling is your heart opening. It never stops expanding btw. The spaciousness is what you are :) Stay with that after practice if you can. The nausea is usually as sign of deep purification going on. It is a sign to be careful that you may be doing to much. These things can build up and hit you good if your not careful.

I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  7:23:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by loren

But, they consist of a spaciousness, nausea, tension, and much more subtle pain that pervades the entire space.

Scenery.

I have used Solar Centering for a couple years now and some of those symptoms have come up. Sounds like you have a strong witness presence and the ability to recognize the sensations as purification, so you should be golden (using self-pacing and easily favoring along the way).
Go to Top of Page

loren

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2015 :  10:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

It is like wind hits an obstruction in your heart that creates a sensation and then your mind tries to make a story to fit that feeling.

Yes, that really resonates with me, it's too easy to focus on the story and not the feelings.... anyway, I am submerged in the feelings, letting that unfold. I appreciate all of the comments to my "story" so far, it's given me some resolve to just keep going with the practice.

Loren
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Loren,

Here is a technique that I use to work with emotions.

LANDING OUT OF THE MENTAL PLANE

I hope you like it as much as I do :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000