New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  10:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I have read many threads in these forums on kundalini issues to find, scattered here and there, useful and specific info for people which, for one reason or another, have developed the sensitivity to feel the flow and the paths of this energy inside their body. For example, I recently discovered, lost in an old thread, reference to an uncharted chakra that, in my case, happened to be the bridge between the bindu and the front-side vishuddi, and seems to be an important link in a descending energy channel via the front chakras.

I totally agree with the philosophy here at AYP concerning the innards of kundalini, i.e. that they seem to be very much “user specific”, so giving individual advice on the micromanagement of this energy via internet is surely an impossible, and risky, task. In most cases, the best answer is just: “don´t look under the hood, just sit at the driver’s seat and push carefully the gas, see lesson xx”.

As this is not in the mainstream of AYP teaching, my first searches for info on exotic chakras and energy paths was done digging in Tibetan and Taoist sites. But I still have not found in these sites nothing like the AYP forums, where people can share and comment their experiences. This is really precious information, which helped me a lot when I started this adventure.

And my guess is that quite a few members of the AYP community have a clear perception of these diverse paths of energy, but (again, my guess) speak little about them. So, hoping that my second guess is too pessimistic, I dare to propose sharing here our experiences on energy flow, so people in this situation may have a better understanding of what’s going on. I can start with mine, if this proposal is not deemed too crazy.

Thanks,
Juan
PS, just for information: My sensitivity to these energy paths was gained after two years and a half of tantric sex, boosted with cannabis.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Juan

quote:
Originally posted by juan
the innards of kundalini, i.e. that they seem to be very much “user specific”, so giving individual advice on the micromanagement of this energy via internet is surely an impossible, and risky, task. In most cases, the best answer is just: “don´t look under the hood, just sit at the driver’s seat and push carefully the gas, see lesson xx”.

Good summary of AYP's general view of kundalini experiences.

What do you hope to gain from understanding energy flow? It seems to me you are trying for an intellectual approach to kundalini awakening. Have you established a meditation practice?
Go to Top of Page

amuhai

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  12:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Juan,
Your proposal to share information about energy paths is not crazy at all. Indeed it is welcome. That is what forums are for. Are there others with the same experience? Is this normal? Have others done the same with different practises? These are valid questions.

Blueraincoat...there is nothing wrong with intellectual knowledge. In fact, in this particular case, Juan is talking about his EXPERIENCE gleaned from his practise.
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  06:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Blueraincoat, thanks for your answer, and for your questions. They address, in my opinion, very basic principles, and open the way to many more questions (and, I hope, to many answers too).

At the point I am now, the concepts of “understanding” and “intellectual approach” are under heavy revision. After more than one year flowing with this energy many minutes every day, with thoughts erased, or quickly dumped if they arise, my inner perspective has changed a lot.

Yes, my approach to this experience, as to anything I experiment, is still scientific and not religious, in the sense that, if I find myself in turbulent waters, I don’t see any use on praying, but rather I try to get navigation skills. But I can also see, with growing clarity, that the intellect, the thoughts, are useful for surviving in this world, but this framework they build to explain reality, that “tells” us what to do in worldly affairs, is a real trap if I try to use it here. This is, as far as I can say, just a question of being alive, i.e. “being” and not analyzing.

But this was not the point I wanted to discuss here, not because I don’t consider it way more important than energy flows, but because I find it extremely difficult to explain with words, even in my own language. Maybe later, or in a different forum.

Yes, I want to understand energy flows, as far as “understanding” can make sense here. And I want it because, quoting the AYP book on tantra, my wife and I have reached, months ago, the phase 3: “Man and woman work together to both stay in front of orgasm for long periods. That is tantric sex.”

So that’s the end of it? What happens when, month after month, you stay “in front of orgasm” for long periods? (I quoted this because these words may lead to different interpretations). A terrific jet of energy, or whatever this is, flows between the partners. I wrote to AYP asking for advice about one year ago, when we started to feel this flow, that now we remember as a small leak, compared to the Niagara Falls we have now. Because it grows and grows every day, with no limit at sight. We are “in front of the orgasm”, as we are never depleted, but what we feel when this flows traverses us is, definitely, of a very orgasmic nature.

So far, this could be the ultimate sex, but only this. But this flow I experience in sex is also running across many other places of my body when I am alone, in different flavors, and with an intensity that is growing at the same pace as the “sexual” flow. First I started to notice the chakras, one by one, starting from the frontal ones. I learned how to open them, so I can feel the same kind of flow I feel when engaged in sex. At the beginning it was just pleasant but not orgasmic. But the feeling changed a lot when I learned how to open at least two of them together and feel the flow between them. ¡They make sex to each other! It started between the root and swadhistana (back), acting as male and female, but the same can happen between many other chakras.

At the end, I spend long periods lying on my back, feeling this flow entering the root, traversing the back chakras, one by one, exploding in the middle of the head and projecting up through the crown, drawing concentrated energy from the root, but also “diluted” from my arms and legs, and the whole body. And the feeling is strangely familiar to what I feel in tantric sex, I can feel my whole body vibrating with pleasure at every single cell, and I am ejaculating through the crown. Joining two chakras feels like making love to yourself, but this feels more like doing it with an unknown partner.

As the energy moves and I know how to feel and “channel” it (again, “channel” is a slippery word), I am discovering a plethora of chakras and paths. No less than five in the head, but also in the hands and feet; a “second manipura” between this one and swadhistana… And I am rediscovering again the front chakras, and the amazing feelings of a downward flow by the front channel… and I just want to know what to do with all that, in which direction I should swim.

Hope I answered your questions, or at least I showed you my position as well as I can. And of course, I will be very happy to talk and discuss about everything as long as you wish.

Amuhai, thanks for your warm welcome. Yes, these forums are extremely useful, at least they are for me, as we can compare our own experiences with the experiences of others. But I agree with BlueRaincoat, one must see this toy we call intellect with some distance.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  07:28:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amuhai
there is nothing wrong with intellectual knowledge.

Far from me to suggest there was. Of course intellectual knowledge is useful! The point I was trying to make was this: trying to direct kundalini flow from your head does not replace meditation. That's why I asked Juan if he had established a meditation practice.
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  08:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I was not too explicit explaining my “meditation practice”. Quite heretic, probably, but it works, or seems to work, in my specific case.

I wondered about the insistence on “sitting” meditation. My “meditation” is laying on my back, or in savasana, if this sounds less heretic. With some particular details: the back of the neck has to be stretched and the palms must be up. Just relax and there goes the flux. But, to the best of my knowledge, the only reason I have read for preferring sitting to laying “meditation” is not to get sleepy???!!! How could you get sleepy with this high-speed train running across you?

The essence of meditation, as I see it, is emptying the head from thoughts, and the recommended tool in AYP is a mantra. To keep your head busy feeling the hum of this mantra so the thoughts don’t interfere. And if they do, just recognize them as mere objects, and let them go.

But, maybe I am utterly wrong, but I think I already have a very powerful tool for getting this: the flow itself. And putting a mantra on top, is for me as putting ketchup in the seafood: the raw taste is much better. It has its own buzz, and is very easy to get locked-in that buzz. Thoughts simply disappear. But maybe I am losing some essential ingredient!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  09:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad you do do a form a meditation. I think what you are describing resembles a form of Buddhist meditation called choiceless awareness (i.e. focusing on whatever sensations happen to arise). I do this form of meditation myself, but only when I don't have a choice i.e. the K sensation are so strong that I would have to force my attention back to the object of meditation.

I'll tell you what - in my opinion - you may be missing out on by relying entirely on this form of meditation. It is of course only my opinion and I am still very much learning myself. By focusing on your kundalini flow, you are expecting - and may be emotionally attached - to the pleasure this brings (and I know very well how good that feels). This, I think, is counter to what it takes to develop the Witness/Inner Silence. The point of the object of meditation being emotionally neutral (mantra or breath) is to practice non-attachment to sensations/feelings/thoughts. That letting go of whatever arises in the mind and repeatedly going back to the object of meditation is important. The minute you get attached to the pleasure kundalini brings, you stop developing the Witness. And, as I understand it, without the Witness/Inner Silence there is no spiritual journey.

With regards to "what to do with all that" energy flow, I personally just let it go wherever it will. And I inevitably come back to what I was saying before - the Inner Silence knows. I don't feel that the conscious mind has the competence to decide what to do with it. It is just as well that it can stay quiet and allow me to just surrender to the experience.

That's my two penny worth.
I wish you all the best on your journey
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  11:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your help and your good will, BlueRaincoat. As I said before, it was not my intention to talk about meditation techniques; much less about conscience-related issues (attachment, expectations, witnessing, duality and so on). Just tried to get some ideas on the cartography of these inner paths of energy from some experienced practitioner in the Kundalini forum. But what you say seems to confirm that AYP is not the best place to look for this kind of information.

In spite of that, I still would ask another question: Then, why this energy? The result of this K thing is just to be a temptation, a block in the road? The fact of something being pleasurable makes it unfit? To me, this has some whiff of the deep rooted Judeo-Christian connection pleasure=sin, but of course there may be other reasons I am not able to see.

And finally, could someone in this forum recommend some good texts on chakras and energy paths?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the energy is important. It is half the story. Lahiry Mahasays defined enlightenment as a merging of emptiness with euphoria. You are doing well on the euphoria front. But the emptiness(inner silence) side of things you don't seem to be attending to. You are probably doing quite well, otherwise the energies you have been handling would have caused you problems. Still, you need to be aware that there are two elements that need to be developed and ultimately merged.

the reason why AYP does not contain a lot of descriptions/theory on the energy flow is because that takes care of itself. And you are right on this point - if you are after detailed descriptions on chakras and energy pathways, AYP is not the system that will satisfy your curiosity there. We just don't feel focusing on this type of descriptions is particularly productive. What is productive is practice.

quote:
To me, this has some whiff of the deep rooted Judeo-Christian connection pleasure=sin, but of course there may be other reasons I am not able to see.

The later of the two assumptions is correct. Yogani says more than once that yoga is path of pleasure. Maybe the bit that you are not seeing yet is this: Develop the inner silence and the energy will follow sooner or later (we do give it hand - there are lots of powerful energy boosting techniques in AYP). Doing things the other way round i.e. putting the energy cultivation before the inner silence is not a good idea. A raging kundalini does not necessarily lead to inner silence. In fact it can cause problems in people who have not taken the time to develop inner silence.

I hope you will find what you are looking for. Good luck!

One addition:
It's also worth saying that AYP contains the most powerful energy boosting practices I've come across. They just don't happen to be what you think they are. Micromanaging energy flow and mapping/analysing chakras are not productive activities. In fact, to my knowledge, the yoga systems containing a lot of theory about these are nowhere as powerful as AYP.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jan 29 2015 12:34:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2015 :  12:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe I was not too explicit explaining my “meditation practice”. Quite heretic, probably, but it works, or seems to work, in my specific case.

I wondered about the insistence on “sitting” meditation. My “meditation” is laying on my back, or in savasana, if this sounds less heretic. With some particular details: the back of the neck has to be stretched and the palms must be up. Just relax and there goes the flux. But, to the best of my knowledge, the only reason I have read for preferring sitting to laying “meditation” is not to get sleepy???!!! How could you get sleepy with this high-speed train running across you?

The essence of meditation, as I see it, is emptying the head from thoughts, and the recommended tool in AYP is a mantra. To keep your head busy feeling the hum of this mantra so the thoughts don’t interfere. And if they do, just recognize them as mere objects, and let them go.

But, maybe I am utterly wrong, but I think I already have a very powerful tool for getting this: the flow itself. And putting a mantra on top, is for me as putting ketchup in the seafood: the raw taste is much better. It has its own buzz, and is very easy to get locked-in that buzz. Thoughts simply disappear. But maybe I am losing some essential ingredient!

Hi juan and welcome!

The feeling is pretty amazing isn't it :) Sometimes it can be so strong it leaves you like a limp doll all used up :) Or it is like a sweet erotic ahh feeling that just lasts all day. I find myself moaning without even being aware sometimes

Your are graced by the fact that this seems to have happened without much effort. So let's talk about a few subjects.

Meditation- There is a reason why Yogani talks about this stuff as scenery. It for those who get lost in the bliss and the adventures. The true goal is oneness with some bliss added in Meditation is more than just trying to sit in silence so that you can get to the bliss. Bliss is a result of the silence. We want to go further we need to experience emptiness and oneness. The goal is to improve the quality of our lives and being able to let our issues/obstructions go into emptiness is a very powerful thing.

The way we sit in meditation can effect how the flow of energy moves within our body. It can make it strong like siddhasana does. It is all designed to help remove obstructions and has been studied in amazing detail.

Have you noticed that when you grasp at the feeling/energy it goes away? That it is really teaching you to let go. The more you are able to let go the more it stays with you :) So just like people with kundalini issues hitting obstructions the same lessons apply. Just be with it.

As far as just sitting with the flow of energy. I know some who do that. I can say they are very advanced and can work with the energy and understand void=form in a real way. If you do not understand that is where having a sitting practice can be of much benefit.

Is there more than just riding before the storm so to speak? Oh yes it is energy/form/universal consciousness. It is flows of energy that one can learn to work with in a real way. It allows us to speed up the process of removing obstructions and spirtual progression.

So it sounds like you are way ahead in one area but behind in some others. If you would like to talk more about the energy aspects of things you can find me at http://community.livingunbound.net/ most often. It is where we tend to have non ayp discussions.

Either way AYP has a lot to offer you in ways of increasing your inner silence and improving even more the quality of your daily life.

I hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  10:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again, BlueRaincoat, and Jonesboy, for your interest and your comments.

Just for making my intentions as clear as possible:

First, only three years ago, I believed that yoga was just some gymnastics with a relaxing effect. Tantra was directly in my mental garbage bin, with ufos, parapsychology, and similar things that I considered hoaxes.

Second, I never forced the K flow. It appeared spontaneously when I practiced what I later learnt was tantric sex. We never said “let’s start tantric practices” with a plan to reach illumination, or to raising K, as we did not believe in such things at that time.

Third, neither my wife nor I see any reason for abandoning tantric sex. Not because we have now in our agenda reaching Illumination or managing energy flows, but for the sheer pleasure of it and the clear health and psychological benefits we see. So K will be here, stronger every day, even when we have no specific intention of boosting it.

This is the only reason of my questions. I am not asking how to reach Illumination; right now, this is a too grand objective for me. I may agree that “micromanaging energy flow and mapping/analysing chakras are not productive activities” (for reaching Illumination, I would add). But as Illumination will not arrive tomorrow, probably never will, and I have to live with K every day, all information is useful, and maybe productive, in order to handle it. Also, as I am discovering a new and unsuspected anatomy inside my body, I think it is quite natural trying to know about it as much as possible. BR, I think I understand your concern, maybe I did not explain my motivation clearly enough.

Jonesboy, I see that you have also felt the same flows. And totally agree, “the more you are able to let go the more it stays with you”. This is what I meant when I said that K kills the thoughts. The only thing I can do is just feeling where it is, and leaving way.

But even so, when the pressure builds up in the head, very subtle intentions of “leaving way” make it erupt through at least four different points: corona, ajna, bindu, another one between bindu and back vishuddi (Mouth of God?), two funny chakras (or a dual one?) I can feel in both parietals at the same time, and now, with my recent discovery of the so-called lalana chakra, K can also go down, via the front vishuddi. With bindu and “Mouth of God”?, telling the direction of the flow is not always easy. But in any case, it seems that K flows this or that way depending on my intention, and I wonder about the consequences.

I had a lot of similar questions, i.e. what could be the effects of focusing (“meditating”) on the flow at a single chakra for long periods; what if I drop specific sutras in specific chakras, samyama style… (i.e. anahata and Love seem to be good companions). But yes, I understand that this is not the place for this kind of debate. I will explore the website you mention, and perhaps we may continue this talk there.

Thanks everybody, and sorry for the disturbance.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  11:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No disturbance at all Juan!

It makes sense that you acquired this energy without seeking enlightenment. Now that you do have it however, if you choose not to follow some spiritual discipline or other you will be in uncharted territory. I personally would find that a bit unnerving.

One piece of advice I can give you from a safely point a view - if you feel you have a choice about directing the energy, I would favour the forehead (third eye) as opposed to the crown. The third eye is the control centre and you will literally have more control over the energy from there.

Also it's worth remembering the discussion here - all that stuff about inner silence. Kundalini and inner silence are complementary opposites. If you run into problems with the former, the latter is a valid long-term solution.

All the best. I hope it all works out for you.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jan 30 2015 2:08:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2015 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
But even so, when the pressure builds up in the head, very subtle intentions of “leaving way” make it erupt through at least four different points: corona, ajna, bindu, another one between bindu and back vishuddi (Mouth of God?), two funny chakras (or a dual one?) I can feel in both parietals at the same time, and now, with my recent discovery of the so-called lalana chakra, K can also go down, via the front vishuddi. With bindu and “Mouth of God”?, telling the direction of the flow is not always easy. But in any case, it seems that K flows this or that way depending on my intention, and I wonder about the consequences.

Hi Juan,

You may wish to read through the "solar centering" lesson (link on left side of this site). This technique may help direct strong energy from the head, although I am unsure how effective it will be without an established meditation practice.

I came to AYP from a tantric practice and decided to add meditation into the mix. I too have no expectation/illusions/desires regarding "enlightenment"; the concept escapes me on many levels. I will testify that meditation seems to compliment and partner with the kundalini awakened within. Perhaps you shouldn't rule it out entirely. DM isn't just for enlightenment seekers you know!

Good luck and wishes to you and your wife with your erotic adventures!
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  06:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear BR, please don’t feel worried about me! I truly understand your concern, and I’m starting to feel concerned about it. It is probably my fault, as I have talked about these energy issues in a too casual tone, and have avoided the “spiritual” consequences I am perceiving so far.

Dogboy, thank you for your good wishes! But again I think I have not clearly explained what’s going on here in the “conscience” or even “spiritual” realm. Not easy, but I will try.

To me, when ordinary sex changed to tantric sex, the label “erotic” did not fit anymore. I don’t see myself as a spiritual person; much less as a religious one. But now, if I had to label tantric sex experiences, I would say they look not erotic but mystic, or even sacred. These K experiences via tantric sex are pushing me to a totally different attitude concerning spirituality.

Imagine that you are in total darkness, then there is a moment of very faint light, and back to the darkness. And then you try to recompose in your head what you have dimly perceived. This is what I will try to do now. Not easy, because the thing I have dimly perceived, through the windscreen and trough the rearview mirror, looks very much like Death.

For us, tantric sex is spending ten, fifteen, twenty minutes traversed by this energy. And mark my words: we both feel the same thing. It feels like a gigantic and eternal orgasm, but it is not the “simultaneous orgasm” where both partners have their own, private orgasm, which by chance happens to be at the same time. We clearly are experiencing the same flow, with its highs and lows.

This is a huge departure from any normal experience. Our heads, our whole entities, are connected! And this communion has deep consequences. We dissolve into each other. And we feel dissolved into something huge. Like two drops of water merging into one, and then thrown to a river.

And in these moments, when I am able to drink from that fountain without the urges of the physical ejaculation, I think I have a glimpse of the real nature of my thirst, of this drive we call sex. What I was looking for in the arms of my lovers was this. Dissolving into the other, breaking free of the jail of my ego. And, through the other, dissolving into… God? If I was St Theresa, my cultural conditioning would surely point to this as the logical answer. As an atheist, I don’t know what to think. This dilution looks very much like death, but under that light this taboo word does not look so bad, after all. It looks very similar to going back home. So what I wanted with sex was dying. Going back home.

But who’s going home? Again, I will try to explain another dim and strange perception.

Tantric sex with a partner requires some attention to the body: moving, holding the weight, and so on. But when I lay back and I’m alone with this energy, the mind really stops, or quite nearly. It has to do so, or the energy will not flow. And in this situation, thoughts are perceived very differently. Our hands and feet are very useful tools, but we don’t see them as our own self. With a stopped, or nearly stopped mind, I perceive my thoughts the same as my hands or feet: useful tools, but that’s not me. And this also has deep consequences.

I dimly perceive that this thing I have always called “me” is nothing more than this bunch of thoughts and memories. But now they seem as a house where I was living and I have to abandon. I travelled a lot with my parents, and many times had this same experience: the melancholy of empty rooms, but full of memories, most of them good. And this melancholy was mixed with the excitement of the new start.

This is my feeling when I look at that old “me” that seems no longer me. What I really am is that thing that will move to a new home. That old “me” bust be left behind; I can’t carry the old house to a new place. That old “me” cannot survive death; that’s impossible. But then, what is, and where is going this new “me”? Please understand that only thinking about the possibility of transcending death is a Copernican shift for an atheist like me.

Of course, all these perceptions could be just “pipe dreams” (I am a pot-smoker, remember). But anyway they are changing my life, in the good direction, I expect.

Hope this may ease a bit your concerns, BR, and clarify what I am experiencing with tantric sex, Dogboy. In any case, thanks, thanks a lot for your support and your good wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  07:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Juan,

There is so much meat in your last post that I could have highlighted; save for highlighting it all, I went back to your original post:

quote:
And my guess is that quite a few members of the AYP community have a clear perception of these diverse paths of energy, but (again, my guess) speak little about them. So, hoping that my second guess is too pessimistic, I dare to propose sharing here our experiences on energy flow, so people in this situation may have a better understanding of what’s going on. I can start with mine, if this proposal is not deemed too crazy.

This, and you, are not crazy, and your experiences related to yoga are always welcome. You are is an exciting new venue having tasted the divine, one that has challenged your atheistic paradigm. As you have not asked for advice, I will not give any, just delight in the poetry of your sharing, and welcome you to keep at your explorations as share these experiences. It is obvious good things are happening! I have written about some of my energy explorations (search "arousal asanas" & "joystick" in the engine link above) should that be of interest to you.

Should this energy overwhelm you, or present coping issues, know there are strategies here at AYP to assist in righting your craft. Safe travels, my friend!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  08:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Juan,

After reading your posts I would like to say to you,

if you surrender to the new you and leave the conceptions of your old you, there are no questions anymore.....

Thank you for sharing, and if you need advice this is the right place to ask,

Edited by - Charliedog on Feb 02 2015 08:16:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2015 :  11:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Juan
Thank you for stopping by here and sharing your experiences. Please do stay. Sounds like you are doing great with your explorations and we can all benefit from your insights. I have not read anything so interesting in a long time.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  11:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course I will be very happy – and proud – if I can be of any help to you. But honestly, I think I have very little to offer. I play with the energy and don’t do any sitting meditation exercises nor pranayama. You at AYP do sitting meditation and pranayama and take a distant attitude towards energy. It seems that we are playing a different game.

I’ve heard that some schools deploy the energy first and then do meditation; if this is true, I think I could use their methods with a head start. We’ll see. Anyway, I will keep an eye in this thread, and try to answer whatever questions you have to the best of my possibilities.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  12:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Juan

I feel I need to say something about this taking a "distant attitude towards energy" (it might be something I said that has misled you). If you look at the top left of the page, you will see lots of links to AYP practices. After "Meditation", most of those practices listed there, from "Spinal Breathing" down to "Chin Pump" and "Spinal Bastrika" are energy work. Lots of them and so powerful, that if you took the years to work your way through them, the energy you have been feeling so far would probably seem like a ripple compared to a tsunami. What I said was that we don't micromanage the flow, not that we don't work the energy. We do, trust me on that.

I am glad you are keeping safe. Thank you for clarifying that point.

quote:
when I lay back and I’m alone with this energy, the mind really stops, or quite nearly. It has to do so, or the energy will not flow.

That is inner silence. Do you know how lucky you are? (I would say "blessed" if you were religious). This inner silence kept you safe from the unpleasant experiences so many people have when that energy starts to move.
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2015 :  12:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Juan,

I have a similar experiences like you..

However I trace the spine without the breath, with breath I don't get much of the effects like without, if at all.. sometimes when laying down or watching TV, it takes just a few seconds of tracing my spine till the energy starts to stir up.. however no matter how intense the energy gets, I don't really get the energy explode like a sexual orgasm or like when you are sneezing.. it's always before you are about to actual sneeze or "ejaculate" and orgasm..

That does not mean there is no bliss or ecstatic energy, it just that it feels like there is something stopping it to explode to be blissed out and say "OMG THAT WAS SO GREAT!"

PS: when the energy is very intense, there are flashes of light, it's like my forehead got lighten up.

How is it with you?

Edited by - Ichigo on Feb 03 2015 1:09:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  02:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Btw... with reference to sitting up rather than lying flat, if you would sit in siddhasana and perform certain hand mudras you would be "closing" the circuitry in a different way than when lying in flat.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  03:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Btw... with reference to sitting up rather than lying flat, if you would sit in siddhasana and perform certain hand mudras you would be "closing" the circuitry in a different way than when lying in flat.

Sey

Hey, that looks very much like the stuff I was looking for when I came here! Could you please give me a bit more info?
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  03:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

if you surrender to the new you and leave the conceptions of your old you, there are no questions anymore.....

I thought I got what you mean, but somehow, I was not too comfortable with this way of speaking. Looking at your words closely, my trouble was, surrender to whom? And I found no one there to accept this surrender.

With this mess of the old me and the new me, I may have slipped the idea that the new me is an enhanced version of the old me. Maybe the words “basic me” fit better for this concept of “new me”, and that what I called “old me” could be labeled as the “accidental me”.

The point is that this basic me can’t have any of the ingredients of the accidental me: fears, hopes, thoughts, memories… nothing. But then, what is left? That’s it: nothing. The “basic me” is so infinitesimal that it almost does not exist. Maybe it has to be so small to pass the filter of death?
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  04:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat
If you look at the top left of the page, you will see lots of links to AYP practices. After "Meditation", most of those practices listed there, from "Spinal Breathing" down to "Chin Pump" and "Spinal Bastrika" are energy work. Lots of them and so powerful, that if you took the years to work your way through them, the energy you have been feeling so far would probably seem like a ripple compared to a tsunami. What I said was that we don't micromanage the flow, not that we don't work the energy.

Maybe I did not explain well what I meant by a distant attitude towards energy, but you got my meaning; I was speaking about micromanagement.

Of course I can see at AYP a lot of practices aimed to awaking and boosting energy. Out of these, I only try occasionally sambavi in order to keep open the vortex of the ajna, that tends to be engulfed by the bigger one of the crown (with little success, I would say).

But I am pretty sure that I am working with a very powerful tool: tantric sex practiced every day for almost three years. Using the analogy of clogged piping (BTW, I was surprised when I noticed how realistic it was; I thought before that these blocks and obstructions were a just a metaphor), tantric sex is like applying high pressure steam to the circuit. As I said in a previous post, what we felt one year ago (and we were very excited about it) looks like a small leak compared to the Niagara Falls we have now. And no doubt it can become a tsunami, or something bigger; we can see no limits to its growt.

quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

That is inner silence. Do you know how lucky you are? (I would say "blessed" if you were religious).

I would prefer being just lucky; being blessed involves a lot of responsibility. But if you are considering that I may have reached inner silence, what would you recommend me to do in order to honor this responsibility?
Go to Top of Page

juan

Spain
34 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  05:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ichigo
.. however no matter how intense the energy gets, I don't really get the energy explode like a sexual orgasm or like when you are sneezing.. it's always before you are about to actual sneeze or "ejaculate" and orgasm..

That does not mean there is no bliss or ecstatic energy, it just that it feels like there is something stopping it to explode to be blissed out and say "OMG THAT WAS SO GREAT!"
How is it with you?

Dear Ichigo,

Sorry if I have misunderstood you, but maybe you have to consider that this longing of energy exploding like a sexual orgasm looks very much like you are mistaking this bliss (or whatever we may call this feeling) for a very sophisticated masturbation.

From my point of view, I would mark two things to improve: first, that you are expecting “your” reward. And second, that the closer feeling you have for visualizing this bliss is the sexual orgasm: an explosion and then nothing more than OMG.

Here things are different. Concerning the second point, there are no explosions at all; the feeling is orgasmic, no doubt, but it is continuous. Well, not exactly continuous but raising a notch from time to time, but these raisings take you to the next level, where you remain until it’s time to raise another notch. You are not thrown back to the start position as it happens with an ordinary orgasm.

The first point is a bit more difficult to explain. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have spent almost three years cleaning my K circuitry with tantric sex, and this could probably be a prerequisite, so what I will say may be useless, at least in the short term. This is how I see it:

It is so easy, or so difficult, as reaching to a point where there is nothing in the Universe than this flow and you. And my guess is that, eventually, not even you are there. Your body has to disappear, so physical maneuvers, attention to breath, etc. are a hindrance. Your ego has to disappear: no thoughts, no expectations, no OMG. This is easy to say, but still difficult; even under heavy K fire the mind tends to appear, spoiling the party.

Something that helped me, and improved a lot these experiences was the concept of “service”. You are not the recipient of any reward. Nothing is given to you; not even as a deposit for you to administer generously. You are a mere conveyor of this bliss that (I hate to say that) seems to have its own agenda. This worked very well with me.

I wish you a pleasant and productive journey.

PS: Eventually, when you are not there anymore, this concept of "yours" simply does not make sense.

Edited by - juan on Feb 04 2015 05:54:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2015 :  06:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really don't feel under the hood is a good way to talk about chakras. It's the very interface of things. I understand once you get to a certain level of complexity things begin to get diluted. Massaging a chakra as you pass over it is not very complicated. Focus dissolves a chakra
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000