Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Rigpa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  2:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is Rigpa samadi or being just in the view or knowing the field or being the knower of the field or just being the view I hope this makes sense

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2015 :  8:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to me; what is rigpa samadhi?
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  03:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
rigpa is a buddist term, i think for the state of meditation or samadi but i am not too sure maybe other practictioners can help with a more detailed exsplanation.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  09:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kumar,

Rigpa is a state in which one can reside. Rigpa is a state most often associated with Dzogchen a direct transmission guru based Buddhist practice.

There are kind of two "levels" of emptiness in Buddhism, emptiness of self and then beyond, the emptiness of ultimate reality. The realization of of emptiness of self is the stepping beyond the dualistic self at the local body mind level/layer. Rigpa is beyond that and is the residing in the base of ultimate reality (or the integration of all existence).

Rigpa is not "noticing" in an intellectual way, but is the "experience" of instantaneous pure presence. A realization of primordial bodhicitta where one "knows" that it is the source of all manifestations of energy/form. Where one is not a wave in the ocean, but the "transmission" of the ocean itself.

This is a non Yoga and AYP topic. You can check out some of the other discussions of Rigpa at the LivingUnbound site.

I hope this helps :)
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  10:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2015 :  1:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000