Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lifestyle of householder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shivka108

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  3:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYPers. So I have been practicing AYP as outlined in the lessons for a year and a half now. Self-pacing and moving along, as it were. If I ever had a question, it seems like it was answered in the lessons, so I never bothered to join the forum here. Lately, however, it has been pressing on me, so here I am.

A story:
The other day I was into my evening practices. With family life and other obligations, these have been less consistent than my morning practices, which are done before anybody else is awake and before heading out for the day. So my wife usually keeps our toddler out of the room if I am doing practices at home, but he came in just as I was finishing SBP and beginning my meditation. I was in siddhasana. My 2 year old son is very playful, he likes to talk, and he doesn't take no answer for an answer I told him I was meditating and couldn't talk and play with him at the time. My wife has been praying with him lately. He started saying, "Daddy, Amen! Daddy, say Amen!" So I gave him an 'Amen' and started chanting the mantra out loud, "Sri Om Sri Om I am I am Namah," which of course I usually do silently. I don't know but I think he liked it, and then he left. After he was gone for a minute I became silent, so I think he thought I was done and he came back, so I started chanting again for a little while. Just as the time of my practices was concluding, he climbed onto the bed with shoes on and stepped on my crotch. That is when I realized my genitals had fallen asleep.

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  7:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kids have a knack of finding your vulnerabilities...

Edited by - Dogboy on Jan 18 2015 07:04:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  05:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  08:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jigjnasu

France
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  10:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2015 :  10:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, thank you for sharing that awesome story!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000