Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Practices once a day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dyoga

New Caledonia
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  05:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear All,

I would like to have your advice on the subject below.
On a daily basis, I am doing in the morning the following practices : a few asanas, spinal breathing, chin pump, deep meditation, samyama and yoni mudra. It is great to start the day. It takes more than 50 minutes.
If I could, I would do the same in the evening but for some social reasons I don't have the time. I am actually doing only deep meditation and samyama, which takes less than 30 minutes.

After reading Yogani books, I understand that practices that are daily done should be done twice a day. I feel that it is not correct here as I am not doing asanas, spinal breathing, chin pump and yoni mudra in the evening. What do you think ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Dyoga

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  06:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums! Many practitioners don't do the full routine at night. You are doing the most important piece twice a day (deep meditation) so I would not worry about it. Sounds as if things are going well for you.
Go to Top of Page

dyoga

New Caledonia
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  5:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answer Dogboy. And yes, it is going alright
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  6:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Dogboy. A few minutes of spinal breathing wouldn't hurt either.
Go to Top of Page

PastMorning

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2015 :  9:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The fact that you can do as much as you do is admirable. These practices are dynamic enough to where doing what you can should be fine I currently am not doing my practices twice a day on a count of how sensitive I am and my own schedule. That isn't stopping me from expanding upon my practices times, but doing it twice a day just isn't practical for me at this time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000