Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Sex after enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gnosis0

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear exprienced Tantric practioners,

Please forgive the slightly misleading title, but I would greatly appreciate some help.

I am a late 20s male and serious Zen student of some six years. About a year and a half ago, I have started to experience what we call "kensho" or enlightenment experiences. This has been the happiest thing I could possibly hope for except it appears to have negatively affected my sex life. There is more energy in my body, and I attribute it to having now become frequently premature in bed. I don't know what to do about this exactly which is why I'm here.

I'm sure this is not so unusual. Can I use this greater energy and sense of awareness to bolster my sex life and last longer (even longer than before) because I get the sense that this is something Tantric practices offer? Currently it only seems to be helping me be quicker. In order not to be premature, I have sometimes drained myself through masturbating a lot beforehand. There has to be a better way surely?

Can you help? Thanks very much

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  8:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Read through the tantra lessons to gleam insights
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2015 :  11:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste, Gnosis,

It's very good to hear of your benefits! Why is sexual performance important to you? Do you have a partner with whom you wish to grow more intimate? The tantra lessons are indeed a good resource, as is Yogani's book on tantra--I recommend them if you are interested.

I'm not enlightened, and I barely care about sex after a good meal. Libido fluctuates throughout times in our lives. That's natural. So maybe nothing to worry about

Go to Top of Page

Gnosis0

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2015 :  06:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies. :) Yes, I'll be checking out the lessons on this site.

I have a partner and it's for that reason. She says it's not a problem for her but it has affected my confidence with sex, and it would always be nice to have more time to enjoy things if you know what I mean.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000