Enlightenment Milestones
 "God moments"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  3:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everybody,

I have been having what I term as "God moments" now & for the past few years.It is something I am sure that most of you have them, too. The easiest way for me to describe them is spectacular moments in every day life of discovery of the God within and without. And it invariably comes as a shock each time it happens that something so simple leads to
something so big! And suprise that "God" is still there! Hence, "God-moments"illustrates this increase in awareness of self and others. I guess you could say that these precious moments are mini-(if there is such a thing possible) to mini-enlightenment episodes. Of seeing the infinite in every day occurrences...am I right! Or am I right?!!

Edited by - nirmal on Nov 08 2014 4:01:04 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  4:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right!! Amen!!

I was sitting in my car before walking into work today, and I was just staring around, admiring the smallest details of form. Colors, lines, texture. The way plants are variegated and stretch outward and upward. The way the girl-who-sold-me-the-smoothie's eyes glimmer with a purity and non-extravagant beauty. The way I can listen to the inner monologue ramble on like an audio reel of archetypal characters.

What is the Big Enlightenment but a string of mini-enlightenments?--hence the importance of dwelling in the ever-present Here&Now.

Thank you for the simplicity.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  4:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God has a sense of humor too. I was in the backyard a few winters ago and decided to hang from a tree branch to stretch my spine. It was just what the doctor ordered, and I closed my eyes and emptied my being. A strong gust made me sway and the church bells downtown tolled the noon hour. I couldn't stop smiling, having become a bell!
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  9:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nirmal... totally!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  12:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally.

I have been seeing how everything, everything is a flower be it outside and inside. So I have been looking for the flower in everything... which has led to this thought: Maybe it is Consciousness that is flower-shaped and not what I am perceiving??
I mean 'the torch' that I shine on something to perceive it is flower-shaped?

Whichever way, it does not take away from the beauty of this world.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  08:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
mini-enlightenment episodes.

Whoever said it comes all at once?
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  9:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal,

yes. God rocks!
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2014 :  4:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Bodhi Tree , mini-enlightenment series in the car ... so familiar . Try this setting :in front of your house, midnight , slightly raining , staring at the streetlights and raindrops , listening hawaiian steel guitar music . Surreal

if anyone is curious what hawaiian steel guitar sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdTa9MzgF6s

Nirmal , I am having more of them lately too - pure magic indeed - like you sink in a fairy-tale . Did you notice also that the feeling is not new ? Back in the childhood ? And when I say childhood I mean 3-6. Just try to find any memories of back then, I remember how it feels to see and touch a bronze statue of a bear for first time or riding a water bike with my parents - experiences without concepts

Love all

Edited by - NewbieGG on Nov 15 2014 4:18:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000