Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 AYP - deep medation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  03:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi

i started the deep medation - mantra - ayem
i practise still 3 days - 5/11 - 1 min in evening
6/11 - 3 min evening
7/11 - 3 min morning and evening
i dont want to practise more of 5 min

2 small questions

1. I'm not referring to that, but let it be this little.
i give for time to pass.
i feel relaxation and energy , but today feel coldness and small pains in stomatch and sometimes coughs.
is it a Release tension from the body?

2. can i practise only evening , after all my day?
will it not hurt to me in the morning in my life?
it is do me more good.
in the morning it is less Impact good to me.

please replay in my questions so

1. answer
2. answer

all question it i important.

thanks

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  04:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Man - I like your name. The Man.

Welcome to the Forums.

Practicing for just 3 mins is too little. Why don't you want to practice longer?

To answer your questions

1) Yes, it may be tension being released.

2)Yes, it is okay to do in the evening alone. It will not harm you. But, of course, it is better to do 2x a day, morning and evening.

Enjoy your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  05:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with both answers given by Sey.

Just one point of difference: I think 3 minutes is the right length of practice given your history.

Sey, if you look at his previous post you will see he has had a very bad kundalini experience and he is extremely sensitive.

Go to Top of Page

the man

Israel
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  04:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi

thanks about two questions

i want to ask extra 2 questions:

1. i passed bad history of TM because i practised TM alone - i get more bad results than good.
3 min practise AYP deep medation in the evening is enough?

2. i ended to practis 3 days AYP deep medation.
i feel relaxation and energy, but i too feel Disconnect easy, I look at a little weird, fatigue, abdominal pain are very small, the people look like the type of dream (sometimes).
is it too a tension Release from the body?
is it Dangerous and I should stop practicing?
will it pass after some days if i will 3 mins only evening next every days?

thanks
the man

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  08:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You should look how things progess over time...
You have to get a feeling for it -> are the symptoms getting out of control, or are they subsiding or staying the same.
If you feel that your practice is aggravating symptoms, then reduce the time.
If things are the same/getting better, then wait for a couple of weeks to see if it is stable, and after that you can maybe try adding a (in small bits) more time in meditation.
Also, there is a practice that is done before meditation, called spinal breathing pranayama (here is the link). It also could help with your disconnect symptoms, but you will have to see for yourself how you will react to it. Since you are meditating for only 3 minutes, I would suggest maybe doing just a few breaths of spinal breathing pranayama before deep meditation.
Be careful in adding too much practices. Whenever you add something, wait for at least a couple of weeks to see if it is stable or not. You want to build a stable practice routine, so add things slowly.
Take care.

Edited by - Mykal K on Nov 08 2014 08:20:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2014 :  1:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by the man

hi

i started the deep medation - mantra - ayem
i practise still 3 days - 5/11 - 1 min in evening
6/11 - 3 min evening
7/11 - 3 min morning and evening
i dont want to practise more of 5 min

2 small questions

1. I'm not referring to that, but let it be this little.
i give for time to pass.
i feel relaxation and energy , but today feel coldness and small pains in stomatch and sometimes coughs.
is it a Release tension from the body?

2. can i practise only evening , after all my day?
will it not hurt to me in the morning in my life?
it is do me more good.
in the morning it is less Impact good to me.

please replay in my questions so

1. answer
2. answer

all question it i important.

thanks

Hi The man,

You have got some good advice from others already.

If you are doing less than 10 minutes of Deep meditation practice I would advise switching to breath meditation, as less than 10 minutes is not long enough to cultivate any meaningful degree of inner silence.

By not using the mantra, the process of meditation will be a lot more gentle and will have less of a tendency to produce symptoms of energetic overload. This will allow you sit for longer periods of time.

There is a description of breathing meditation here.

Once you are able to sit for 20 minutes or half an hour at a time using the breath, you could consider using the mantra again, but trying 10 minutes at a time to begin with and slowly building up to 20 minutes.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  12:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear The Man,

My bad - I had not seen your post with your kundalini difficulties. In that case, I would agree with Christi that you switch to breath meditation and let things calm down.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000