Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 tips for lust... it's so strong and primal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reality11

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  4:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I started ayp about 1.5 weeks ago. Since then I've also decided to stop masturbating. I'm not in a position where I can get women anyway, and I've always noticed an increase in my confidence whenever I stop masturbating but I never had the willpower/motivation to keep it going until recently.

The issue is, I'm not sure if I have the willpower even now. The lust is so strong. Say I'm sitting in class, and there's an attractive woman showing a lot of skin. I have an indescribably hard time focusing on the lecture rather than on her. My mind is actually very clear headed and I notice a mood lift, but the moment an attractive woman is in my general vicinity I feel an intense feeling of lust.

I don't want to lose my new found motivation and mood boost. I want to keep practicing this celibacy until I have built up my confidence so that I can attract women. I have the option of masturbating or going to a prostitute, but I don't want to. Do you guys have any advice on how to beat my lust when it gets overwhelming?

Dogboy

USA
2203 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  8:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Think cool. The lust is hot and male and needs to be counterbalanced with the cool feminine. A cold shower works wonders if you can take one. Obviously in a classroom that isn't possible; letting ice melt in your mouth might provide relief from the situation. Try this cooling breath: curl your tongue into a tube shape and inhale.

It's hard for a young male to sustain celibacy and your intention needs to be stronger than the lust. Try to visualize your willpower absorbing the lust as it arises on the inhale. Enjoy the sensation and exhale it out.

If you have an ishta you can offer up the lust in your heart to it!

Make your efforts, these "tricks", a personal challenge to see how far you can sustain your intention. Over time the desires wane as the spiritual engine roars. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  01:24:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just be relaxed with it. No matter what arises, silence can envelop it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000