Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Teachers for tantra initiation in India
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  11:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I am currently visiting India and thought of going to a wise yogini/tantrika for learning tantra with the karmamudra. However it seems very hard to find one. I even thought of going to the 64 yogini temple in Benaras or the kamakhya temple but have stopped for now after hearing some crazy stories from a friend of mine.

Could anyone share their experience or the names of gurumaas in this regard?

Thanks in advance

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  7:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always thought this place looked interesting and affordable if I ever made it to India but don't have first hand recommendations from anyone who's been there:

http://www.shrikali.org/index.php
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  8:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

I always thought this place looked interesting and affordable if I ever made it to India but don't have first hand recommendations from anyone who's been there:

http://www.shrikali.org/index.php

Hello BillinLA,

Thanks a lot for the link. They seem to be genuine, however I dont have three or two months at this time. I will keep in mind if I have a later opportunity. All I have is a few weeks and they say only grace can help one when someone seeks something. Will leave it upto the feminine grace...

Goodluck with your quests as well...

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  4:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattavilasa_Prahasana

Having been exposed to the sacred shaivism, I am now thinking its better to stay away from these low level practices that could ultimately induce delusion.
Go to Top of Page

RamRam

Spain
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sivasambho,

Tell us, which practices are you referring to when you say that, in your opinion, are 'low level practices that could ultimately induce delusion'. In your original post you were only talking about tantra in general, were you not? Should we then understand you refer to all tantra? Isn't Kashmir Shaivism a form of tantra?

Pranams

Ramdas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000