Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Deep meditation leading to siddhis and insights?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  2:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, BlueRaincoat...

Thank you, thank you, everyone for the love and prayers. We are all praying together.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  6:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BlueRaincoat... Anima Deorum
You move me to prayer of gratitude, of incomprehension, of silence.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2014 :  7:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anima, bhakti yoga is very powerful, very humble, and very easy!

Siddhis are not valuable, except when they are, but never for their own sake, only to further the divine plan. It is the divine working through you so they should be celebrated and then let go. Like everything else.

There's no finish line, no ideal circumstance. It is only how we respond to circumstances that matters, not what the circumstances are. Praying for you :)
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2015 :  10:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Filipo1,

I've had a negative experience with siddhis. I've hesitated to share, but I'm going to hoping it will help someone.

A few months after kundalini awakening, I was sitting watching t.v., my eyes were suddenly pulled up and crossed. I saw a vision of myself in a white room. I could feel four people around me, but didn't know what was going on. I was in a crazy outfit and crying so hard I could barely stand. When I (as awareness) turned to look at what was going on, I came out of the vision.

Two weeks later, I was in my crazy outfit, balling my eyes out as my nephew was dying. If I had had a full vision, I may have been able to prevent it.

It really messed with my mind. The only thing I could ask was why a partial vision? God must be cruel and heartless!

I was in a new community. I knew a total of two people besides my husband and kids. And you know what? One of them had had similar experiences; it seemed like he already knew what was going on, which prompted me to tell him. He told me to read about Cassandra, which really helped me. Maybe God isn't as cruel as I thought.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  1:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear lalow33

I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
I think your grieving for your nephew is colouring your atttitude towards that vision.
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
The only thing I could ask was why a partial vision? God must be cruel and heartless!

What you're saying is basically 'God gave me small gift. Why did he not make the gift bigger?' I would venture to guess that in time, when you have finally made peace with this tragic event, you will see there is no cruelty.

You should not blame yourself for not being able to prevent your nephew's death.

I hope you will find some peace soon
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2015 :  5:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
Two weeks later, I was in my crazy outfit, balling my eyes out as my nephew was dying. If I had had a full vision, I may have been able to prevent it.

That's heavy, lalow, and I'm sorry to hear about your nephew's death. I feel blessed by your sharing. Even if you had known almost everything, it does not mean you could have changed the outcome. Please let me offer my prayers. It will be okay.
Go to Top of Page

Rajas

Hungary
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  09:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Filipo1

To be honest I was expecting straight replies to straight questions, rather than a kind of way to evade the subject's marrow in particular regarding the siddhis.
But I will take these non-answers for an answer

Hi Filipo. I have been practicing meditation techniques for 25 years. Mainly mantra meditation, nowadays mostly pranayama (mostly nadi sodhana) and some kriya yoga technique. I don't have any siddhi but I have had some experience. My view is that siddhis are milestones. I think when somebody evade the subject of siddhi's marrow they practice only relaxation mixed with the theory of meditation read from books. It can be deep relaxation but it is still not meditation. We can call daily jogging to crazy running but it will never qualify us to the olimpic games. According to my knowledge, siddhis won't happen that way that you sit in meditation practice daily for a year and experience silence, bliss, bigger bliss, huge bliss and on the other day you will levitate. Silence and bliss are result of good relaxation and it signs you that you can start intense pranayama. Without enhancing your prana and purifying your nadis you will never experience the state of meditation which is different from the practice of meditation.
However, there are signs that you should notice if you are on the path of yoga. When you really progress in your pranayama and meditation practice it should influence your dreams. You should have dreams with different content but most importantly with different quality. Example, more colorful dream, HD quality dream from blurry dream, lucid dreams. You should feel that your body has changed, it should be more "soft" as prana is different in it, your daily mental plane should be different which causes different reactions to your daily situations.
There are signs of your progress but it doesn't start with siddhis. In case you don't have these sings after one year of daily practice than you should analyze where are your weaknesses and scantinnesses or you can think that over is this enough for you or you make effort to experience more.
Yes, Rome was not built in one day but it was finally built with great effort and amazing progress. Daily jogging without analysing and fine tunning the progress doesn't seem to me like great effort. It is nice to be regular, fit and happy but it is not the attitude of the first Buddha or the yogis pictured in the Shiva Samhita for example.
I don't know how different view of the core knowledge presented here is welcomed.
My understanding about Samyama that it is mastery over the process of pratyahara, dharana and dhyana. Experiencing only dharana is a very high state which is different from pratyahara. Not many people experience it.
What is called here as Samyama is part of the process of the TM-Siddhi program founded by Maharishi Yogi. According to my understanding sitting in silent and inducing positive moods is not what is called Samyama in Patanjali's sutras. Understanding these yogic terms requires personal experiences and years of study in the jungle of today's yoga with sound judgement.

Living stressful life is a gift in this time and has great values to health and life. So if you can achieve only this then it is excellent and that can change your life. You can be satisfied with this and it is more than what most asana practitioner can achieve.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  1:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well Rajas, I must say you seem to use the word "should" a lot and sound a bit preachy. This is your first post here. What brings you to the AYP forums? I hope you take time to enjoy what AYP has to offer and also get to know some of the knowledgeable yogis here. There are many paths, AYP is just one. Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Rajas

Hungary
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  2:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LittleTurtle
What brings you to the AYP forums?

I think I was searching for kechari mudra when I found this site. I didn't want to say, 'you must'. I thought that 'should' is more permissive. :) Yes, there are significant knowledge and information here, I see.

Edited by - Rajas on Jan 15 2015 3:03:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2015 :  2:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Rajas
It is nice to be regular, fit and happy but it is not the attitude of the first Buddha or the yogis pictured in the Shiva Samhita for example.

Hi Rajas, welcome, hope you enjoy this forum/community.

Well, I don't think we can expect every yoga practitioner to have the same attitude of Buddha or other very advanced yogis.

Actually, I think that only few people really want to achieve such great levels of understanding and experience in yoga.

In my opinion it is absolutely fine for many people - including me - to practice yoga just for a better daily life, without higher goals like enlightenment, siddhis etc.

If through my regular basic yoga practice I simply become a more balanced and loving person, well, I think it will be a good result from my practice.
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  7:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My two cents on Siddhi
the Psychic, past life experiences I have had since my 3rd eye opened are amazing. But I learned a good lesson, the pull across the ages, it screws up the interaction with the person here and now. So I realized its a case of enjoy the show (the past life stuff) and do the same stuff we do in AYP, feel it, surrender it and focus Bhakti!

Do not be pulled into the realm of the horizontal, which goes on forever, seek instead the most direct route possible to God, There are dark forces in the world of form, and lower energies need conflict to survive, and or sexual energy. Its the realm of hungry ghosts and addictions. Always surround yourself with light and in your minds eye send and chord down deep into the Earth, she will protect you on your journey.

Finally, yes just do the practice, for the Love of Love.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2015 :  10:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Always surround yourself with light and in your minds eye send and chord down deep into the Earth, she will protect you on your journey.

Visualization allows me to be both yogi & artist.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Filipo1

Thanks BlueRaincoat.

To be honest I was expecting straight replies to straight questions, rather than a kind of way to evade the subject's marrow in particular regarding the siddhis.
But I will take these non-answers for an answer

I have no idea what Vipassana is but, from my 3 months AYP practising, here is what could be relevant to you:

1. During DM, I often experienced weird and mutiple loud cracks around me on light partition walls at the exact time I am achieving a better inner silence. This is a problem to concentrate sometimes.

2. Using samyama since one months, its seems to have an effect on the people I have tried to heal. To be honest, they did not feel better, but clearly stated something happened at the exact time I was working for them (they were not aware of). So : headaches or nauseas or flu symptoms on the legs (stiffness), etc. I hope they are only symptoms of being healed...

And of course, so many other things that I prefer to spare you as they are not really siddhis.

Finally, I really think many films (such as Matrix, Star Wars) do show what a Yogi is capable of, among other hidden meanings.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  10:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I forgot to say that since 1/2 weeks, I have been experiencing an automatic jnana mudra during DM (my fingers getting close by themselves). Thus I decided to let it go and did it 2 days ago and then experienced a vision demonstrating that all souls were linked and that hurting one another would be hurting myself.

It was absolutely amazing.

Edited by - Apkallu on Apr 01 2015 12:37:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  02:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Apkallu

I forgot to say that since 1/2 weeks, I have been experiencing an automatic jnana mudra during DM (my fingers getting close by themselves). Thus I decided to let it go and did it 2 days ago and then experienced a vision demonstrating that all souls were linked and that hurting one another would be hurting myself.

It was absolutely amazing.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000