AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra enhancement question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  10:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
First of all it's a blessing to be here. When I came across this site I was thrilled to see an active community that approaches these subjects in such an open and friendly way.

I have a question about mantra enhancement or the equivalent of the advance technique courses in TM. I'm initiated as a TM meditator and want to take the advance techniques and siddhi program. I'm glad to know that it's available here on the site.

My first question is about the mantra enhancement.
1) I noticed that there are six advanced techniques as part of the TM program.
First: AING NAMAH
Second: SHRI AING NAMAH
Third: SHRI AING NAMAH NAMAH
Fourth: SHRI SHRI AING NAMAH NAMAH
Fifth: SHRI SHRI AING AING NAMAH NAMAH
Sixth: SHRI SHRI AING AING NAMAH NAMAH
source: http://www.bahaistudies.net/asma/tm_mantras.pdf

But over here it's three enhancement techniques.
http://www.aypsite.org/116.html
http://www.aypsite.org/369.html

So which enhancement technique should I follow? as per on the site or steadily progress with the tm method above but with my own mantra intead of the aing one. Some guidance here would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Edited by - swordsaint on Sep 21 2014 10:38:44 AM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  12:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear swordsaint - Welcome to the AYP forum. There might be someone here with experience in the TM mantra enhancement but probably not.
The general advice would be if you have already invested a lot of time in the TM methods with good results, then stick to the TM mantra enhancement. If you're relatively new to meditation you might wish to switch to AYP for the simple reason that everything is clearly laid out here in the lessons and you can pick and choose at your own pace.

Best of luck in your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  10:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome swordsaint

I agree with Sey - the choice you have is between methods / schools. If the method you have started with is solid and it goes as far as you want to go, then stick to it and its mantras. If you have doubts, then AYP is well worth exploring.
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  7:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
swordsaint, I agree with BlueRaincoat and Sey, but there are several old threads here about TM.

Try using the search function on the top right, and maybe you can find more information. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000