AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Meditation, Inquiry, Bhakti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  5:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What is the most craved condition? For me, it is silence. To be truly still. Not just relaxed or slowed down, but beyond any movement or vibration. Intuitively, I know this is the source, the beginning. Knowing that the realm of possibility stretches in many directions (including that of chaos and horror), the only refuge would be to reduce my experience into nothingness, or everythingness, as it were. It would have to be a simultaneous expansion and contraction--encompassing all...but infinitely small. Therefore, it is a kind of non-violent suicide, and also a far-reaching explosion.

This is what easily favoring the mantra is aiming for. To use a vibratory signature to carve a path through the levels of consciousness until there is nowhere to go but the source. Every fiber of my being is yearning for it. Every intention and desire revolves around that destination. I now realize that the thirst will never subside, the hunger will never abate, the obsession will never cease. There is no escape. There is only pursuit and surrender. It is a back-and-forth game of effort and no effort, seeking and no seeking, wanting and not wanting.

At times torturous, though becoming more sublime, the spiral refines itself into a pattern of order and harmony. Once there is a taste, there is hope and relief. God is not cruel. God will grant the wish.

Does anyone relate?

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2014 :  7:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, sorry.

Of course I relate ! For me the craving is strongest just before settling on my cushion and 'plugging in' to the SOURCE (as if it were a charging station). I fall in quickly, surrender in full swing, and I am here there everywhere, a magic mantra ride.

It is returning home.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  08:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy! "No, sorry." LMAO! I like your style, I really do. Your posts reveal versatility, sincerity, and superb humor.

Here's to magic mantras rides...Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride 1968 HQ: http://youtu.be/U4WiyxXpyZc

Speaking of, I just woke up, and it's about that time to dive in. Catch you on the flip...side...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  11:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Get out! You have no idea what that song brings up! That synchinicity makes it official:

I
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2014 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Get out! You have no idea what that song brings up!

...nothing to do with drugs, by the way...

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 04 2014 12:22:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000