Yoga and Relationships
 Finding Devi..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Purohit

India
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

A query from my end which is not related to spiritual experiences but more about living experiences..

There are a lot of posts on the practises side, i e Inner silence, ectasy, bliss and milestones.

IN the Secrets of wilder, there is this beauitiful love story between Devi and John, almost too good to be true.
On the mystical side lot of persons on the forum have posted about their realizations but i would like to know if others have also found their "DEVI" or a similar relationships in their lives..

Well honestly am hooked to the " DEVI " in the book and would like to come across someone similar.. IF others also have had such beauty in a conventional romantic relationship then i will be filled with more HOPE...

Maybe it a silly post but felt like posting...

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  10:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste

It is not a silly query at all. Devi is in all things. She may even be in what is not.

When I was a boy, my brothers and I would ice skate on a frozen pond by the woods. The kids and their parents from down the road would come and share in the fun. My mom would supply her famous chili from the kitchen in our home, glowing warmly under the Michigan snows. We drank hot chocolate from thick mugs, spilling marshmallows. Turning skate blades sent up playful shards under the moon and stars. The ice on the pond was smooth and wavy, like a polished statue. It sparkled in the dusk, and the air echoed with laughter, the song of joyous youth.

In a way, it was a living image of Radha or Aphrodite, and we offered our hearts to Her, not even knowing. Yet as with all forms, the mirth, the ice, and the memory cannot rest in earthly stillness forever. That, too, will melt back into the dynamic fluid of eternity. It has always been so.

Embrace Her wherever you find Her. She may be closer than you think.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  12:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

When I was a boy, my brothers and I would ice skate on a frozen pond by the woods. The kids and their parents from down the road would come and share in the fun. My mom would supply her famous chili from the kitchen in our home, glowing warmly under the Michigan snows. We drank hot chocolate from thick mugs, spilling marshmallows. Turning skate blades sent up playful shards under the moon and stars. The ice on the pond was smooth and wavy, like a polished statue. It sparkled in the dusk, and the air echoed with laughter, the song of joyous youth.

In a way, it was a living image of Radha or Aphrodite, and we offered our hearts to Her, not even knowing. Yet as with all forms, the mirth, the ice, and the memory cannot rest in earthly stillness forever. That, too, will melt back into the dynamic fluid of eternity. It has always been so.

Embrace Her wherever you find Her. She may be closer than you think.

Absolutely breathtaking, Anima!
Go to Top of Page

Purohit

India
43 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2014 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste n gratitude for the lovely message, Anima.
i feel her, see her most gloriously in nature and in many women in various degrees of manifestation and i want more n more of Devi..
a phyiscal personal specimen of the divine goddess.!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000