Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  11:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LMAO. Surely.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  1:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very detailed. We wouldn't expect anything less.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  8:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love the details! Gotta keep it real.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  8:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

[u]
To surrender means to embrace the momentum of an ocean that obeys a lunar tide of progress. Great expectations loom on the horizon, bubbling on the foam of soapy, nutritious water (pristine underneath).
The fuzz of the internal body waxes and wanes. Strands of arm hair prickle up in excitement, or rest flat in an effortlessly combed quietude.

Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2016 :  8:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:
A dash of ecstasy. A spoonful of orgasm.

The recipe for a good time

Good times...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  07:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Metaphor Land

I am concerned with a bandwidth, a wavelength, a groove in which all my thoughts and actions, words and deeds, can be contained in a bubble of frictionless stillness. I've been there before. It sure is nice.

Outside the bubble, where there's friction, things are rough.

At the edge of that bubble, at the boundary condition, is a semi-permeable membrane that both absorbs and distributes the fabric of all experience. The inside wants to get out, and the outside wants to get back in. I say "get back in", because all of the outside originates from the inside. Isn't it so?

The revolving door of reality spins on the axis of body and mind, which is the interface between the abstract and the tangible, the unseen and the seen.

Playground Land

After massaging a potential client (I say "potential" because I can't charge anyone yet without a license, but I have to massage people outside of class to fulfill the academic requirements), I walked to a nearby park with a swing set.

I started swinging and immediately felt better about life. The sound of air whooshed by my ears as I cascaded back and forth in a pendulum of iron and chains. Rocking, rocking, rocking. I was making no forward progress, just moving in a stationary way like a hamster on a wheel, and yet I felt more content than ever. I often proselytize to myself and others about the importance of pursuing a chosen ideal, and making progress, but this stable, unmoving swing set was cooling my jets and putting things in perspective. It reminded me of a Rumi quote that I believe Yogani once referenced. Something to the effect of: "There is nowhere to go, but keep going."

There were some clouds in the distance, and before long, I found myself in a delightful, hypnotic lull, and then the rain started sprinkling down. For a split second I had the knee-jerk reaction to jump off the swing and seek shelter, but I let that impulse pass and instead began to soak in the fat drops of Gulf Coast rain. I thought: why don't I bathe in the rain more often? The falling water felt cleansing, wholesome, and supernally bestowed.

My mind was drenched in happy memories from childhood. I was glad that there was a lucidity in regards to ascertaining and perceiving the chronological, cyclical thread that ties together past, present, and future. However, I lamented some mistakes from the past, but only momentarily. My faith in the full restoration of all inner sensuality was strengthened by each drop of rain that continued to fall and splatter on my skin and clothing.

After a while, the downpour subsided, and the sky began to clear. A little girl in a rainbow, flowery dress soon emerged from the pavillion and eagerly jumped on the swing next to me. In no time at all, she was soaring high alongside me and even surpassing me in altitude by increasing the scope of her pendulum. She was getting nearly level with the horizontal plane of the top bar of the swing set. Some tree branches also drooped down from directly above and dipped below the horizontal plane, and she was able to kick the leaves of the branches with her feet. Most impressive.

We didn't talk. We just kept swinging, until finally she outlasted me in endurance and I decided to catapult off the apparatus, landing feet first on the mulch. As I was walking away, her sister came running up to fill my place.

REM Land

I had a dream a couple nights ago involving a big alligator. Alligators show up from time to time in my subconscious scenery.

I was hunting this one, per the guidance of my uncle, and I had to lure in the gator to bite a log, which was supposedly going to incapacitate him. Sure enough, the gator came ashore and bit the log, then I turned him upside down, and he became very docile and totally still. I hugged him to my chest, as if hugging a pet or beloved animal, and I started to cry when he was up against me. I was crying from the guilt and sadness of being a predator to him, but then I thought: Well, if he was hunting me, he probably wouldn't be too distraught once he finally caught me. So, I began to squeeze the last breaths out of him, and I don't remember what happened after that.

I haven't done any vision quests with power animals in quite some time, but I feel like that kind of dream scenery is related. I chalk it up to a symptom of my psyche integrating the lower, animal nature with the higher nature of intellect and divine love.

Maybe.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  08:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Maybe.

This is where I end up with everything and then they dissolves.

The playground, specially the swings add to freedom and being alive.

Thought this quote would add to your beautiful writing.
"The path isn't a straight line; it's a spiral. You continually come back to the things you think you understood and see deeper truths." -Jaylene Moreau

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 21 2016 09:31:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  10:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my yoga tradition the alligator (crocodile is the same?) is a symbol of the waterelement, magic and playfulness, which shows in your beautiful writings.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jun 21 2016 11:30:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2016 :  5:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Thought this quote would add to your beautiful writing.
"The path isn't a straight line; it's a spiral. You continually come back to the things you think you understood and see deeper truths." -Jaylene Moreau

Love that quote about the spiral.

It all comes full circle...maybe.

quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog
In my yoga tradition the alligator (crocodile is the same?) is a symbol of the water element, magic and playfulness, which shows in your beautiful writings.

Yes, the crocodile is very similar to the alligator, like two close cousins. I have lots of dreams involving water: the ocean, rivers, swimming, being on a boat, and so on. And of course, the city I live in is on the coast. The "magic" and "playfulness" themes also make a lot of sense in relationship to the gator, so thank you for mentioning them. In some of the dreams, I've taunted the beast by grabbing his tail. He hasn't eat me...yet.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  01:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just wrote a long post about going to an AA meeting earlier today, but forgot to hit the submit button before signing out of my work computer, so it got lost in the digital vacuum. Oh well, I'll chalk it up to being a serendipitous mistake.

In lieu of elaborating upon my continued immersion in the murky waters of recovery, I shall expound upon some Whitman.

Part 5 from Song of the Open Road:

From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me.

I inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine.

I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness.

All seems beautiful to me,
I can repeat over to men and women: You have done such good to me, I would do the same to you,
I will recruit for myself and you as I go,
I will scatter myself among men and women as I go,
I will toss a new gladness and roughness among them,
Whoever denies me, it shall not trouble me,
Whoever accepts me, he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me.

"Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me." Now if that's not an example of merging one's bhakti with the technique of easily favoring in order to purify obstructions, then I don't know what is. See, Whitman is drawing from Yogani, and Yogani is drawing from Whitman, because the non-linear quality of transcendent wisdom is not bound by the strict chronology of a rigid calendar.

"I inhale great draughts of space, The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine." Those are some globally minded sentiments, even cosmic. The witness moves in all directions, and owns everything by owning nothing.

"Whoever denies me, it shall not trouble me, Whoever accepts me, he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me." Divine love. Giving with no expectation of return. A level above and beyond the transactions of business.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  12:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I massaged my twin brother today and made him shiver and cry.

Success!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  06:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THAT is amazing, almost like connected again in the womb. The whole twin/multiple sibling phenomenon has always intrigued me!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW that is beautiful Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  6:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

At the edge of that bubble, at the boundary condition, is a semi-permeable membrane that both absorbs and distributes the fabric of all experience.

Very nice Bodhi

quote:

...but I let that impulse pass and instead began to soak in the fat drops of Gulf Coast rain. I thought: why don't I bathe in the rain more often? The falling water felt cleansing, wholesome, and supernally bestowed...My faith in the full restoration of all inner sensuality was strengthened by each drop of rain that continued to fall and splatter on my skin and clothing.

Exactly!

Edited by - Samadhi on Jun 27 2016 6:40:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  6:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes! Dissolves right into stillness and transforming creation

quote:

I absolutely love the joyful fun of a playground! I will be Forever a child, ready to play! one day I saw an elderly couple by a playground. When I looked closer....the gentleman was holding his wife's hand as she slide down the slide. Never to old to have some fun!

quote:

I have always enjoyed the excitement of sliding along the spiral while watching the deeper insights spark and light up a new Viewpoint.
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  6:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

THAT is amazing, almost like connected again in the womb.

Yes, something like that, for sure.

quote:

Good, I'm glad you picked up on the mischievous pleasure I took from being a facilitator of the aforementioned purification.

Charliedog Samadhi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  6:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

So sorry. You are an advanced yogi and a conduit for transformation to many through your presence and massage.

I deleted the post, no point in posting something that does not serve good. Thank you for pointing it out and keeping me in check. That's the good part of being a part of the spiritual community. It was not my intention to direct it to your brother's purification or you as a healer. My sincere apologies again.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  9:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What!? It was good humor. Tough love of the brotherly variety. I was laughing at the emojis you posted. You got the subtle joke.

Hm, I should have been clearer with my response to your emojis, and added a few emojis myself. Ahhhh...well, sometimes things can get lost in translation on the forum, because we do not have the benefit of seeing each other's facial expressions, tones of voice, physical gestures, and other nuances that reveal the full content underneath the words. It's OK.

But anyway, I just want to make sure you know that I took no offense whatsoever, and that your response with the emojis was perfect to me, because my initial post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and tinted with dark humor (hence my truthful mention of "mischievous pleasure").

Also, don't worry, I'm not really vindictive towards my brother, and I comforted him afterwards, but still, there's this older brother, drill-sergeant aspect of me that wants to see him strive for betterment, even if there's a little pain involved. I think it is mostly a healthy and humorous dynamic.

Love you, Sunyata! Sorry for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  9:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I'm only 11 minutes older, but that still counts in my book.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  9:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Good. I still stand by what I posted. Who is the twin?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  10:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh Good. I still stand by what I posted.

Actually, now I'm kind of glad there was a misunderstanding, because the post that you're still standing by contains a stellar compliment to yours truly (the one, the only Bodhi Tree), and since you know I'm pro-ego, your radiant affirmations are most certainly received with gratitude and appreciation! It's a win-win situation!

quote:

Who is the twin?

It just depends on the day. We've both been chock full of evil at different times. Since I'm the one waving the AYP banner nowadays, and he's the one still drinking and partying, he might be labeled the trouble maker, but as you know, my character is still being refined and elevated to higher states of Being (just ask BlueRaincoat, my digital conscience).
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  09:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blue seems to have made her own Brexit, I haven't heard from her in a while.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  12:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
She can't stay away from the Union forever. 'Tis a temporary leave of absence.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vignettes

I've experienced a particular sensation with several people. I think I've written about it before.

There is this felt connection that streams in through the third eye all the way to the heart. Inner space expands, and the person near me is felt inside that silence, which is so palpably beyond the physical world, yet part of it. The person is felt to be very close to me, yet millions of miles away. It's the most delightful paradox. I crave more of it. It usually happens during meditation, or within a calm conversation in which I can close my eyes.

. . .

When I look at people around me, like when I'm sitting in a restaurant, even though I may have never met them, I feel like I know them all, intimately. Their name, their story, their individuality are all secondary to this deep feeling of knowingness. This is reassuring, to say the least.

. . .

I saw a midget in Walmart late last night. She was no taller than my waist. It made my night. I wanted to ask her if I could take a picture with her, but that surely would have been tacky and uncouth. So I just admired her tiny stature and kept walking.

. . .

I have a feeling that everything—and I mean everything—will come full circle. Here are some relevant words from the King James Bible:

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

. . .

I was swinging in my grandfather's hammock today, and a black and gold butterfly fluttered over me, momentarily.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000