New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  12:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

Childlike Mind

Remembering that the shadow is cast by the light, I return again to simplicity. And perhaps the source of the light is darkness itself...the quiet darkness, that is. Before creation, all is peacefully dark.

Looking at my body, which is split into symmetrical sides, I find the game of division in play. Right and left, front and back. The conceptual, anatomical planes: sagittal, coronal, transverse. All is one, of course. All is many, naturally.

Enlightenment is moving forward. Enlightenment is moving nowhere.

I like to look at her face, her lips, her smile, her eyes. In looking, I see a more curved variation of myself. In looking, I give her the chance to look back. And when intertwined, we are looking together...forgetting who is looking at who.

I remember, and I forget, and in between the remembering and forgetting, is the knowingness.

This. Very nice Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  12:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing his exceptional work again and yours too.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  8:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samadhi Sunyata

Massage Class

Today in class we practiced a typical spa treatment for feet. Basically, it's soaking the feet in hot water and Epsom salt, then rubbing exfoliating cream on the feet and legs, then finishing with a long foot massage.

I was paired with the friendly Ukrainian gentleman, who did a very good job as the therapist. He has huge hands, but a soft touch. He's also skilled in reiki, so he's sensitive to energy. When it was my turn to act as therapist, I felt pretty good about my implementation of the techniques, and he gave me positive feedback as well.

You know, sensually touching another male is not exactly fostered in American society. I'm not talking about homosexual or erotic touch; I'm just talking about the kind of effleurage and petrissage that is used for relaxation. Most men touch each other in far more rugged ways, like in sports, business, or even slap-on-the-back hugging. There is this conditioned and natural need for toughness, strength, and resilience. But being able to soften oneself is what creates versatility, and versatility is a key quality in evolutionary adaptation and mastery. It's all about range of ability.

Also, once I'm in the zone and massaging a person, I've come to realize that it really doesn't matter that much whether they're male or female. Of course, there are boundaries with draping, and certain muscular and anatomical differences, but the majority of the body is the same, and the quality of touch applied is basically identical (with perhaps subtle differences in pressure).

On another note re: massage class, yet another student dropped out today, whittling us down to 14, from the original 19. I was definitely sad to see her go. On the first day of class, she had been the one reading the book on kundalini, and we've had some excellent conversations since then. Fortunately, we will stay in touch, and she plans to enroll next year when her personal affairs are more in order.

Finally, in our daily meditation session, there were some absolutely deep swells of silence that washed over the group. Internally, I was just like: "Oh yes, oh yes...here it is." It trickled out into the rest of the day too. Ahhh...the reliability of the mechanics of purification and opening. The samyama that I softly speak out loud after meditation also continues to go smoothly, with everyone chiming in at the end with their own personal sutras.

Depth, and more depth. Persistence and consistency applied to desire, vision, and action. The magic formula.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  06:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love the way this schooling is unfolding, the blend of massage and your yoga influence, the testing of deep-seated boundries, the connection with a select pocket of humanity. It goes to show how daily practice indeed expresses and bears fruit in the everyday.

Do you intend to set up a massage practice in a storefront, or operate "out of the trunk of your car" (not literally of course!) ?
Go to Top of Page

Samadhi

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  06:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
Finally, in our daily meditation session, there were some absolutely deep swells of silence that washed over the group. Internally, I was just like: "Oh yes, oh yes...here it is." It trickled out into the rest of the day too. Ahhh...the reliability of the mechanics of purification and opening.

quote:

Depth, and more depth. Persistence and consistency applied to desire, vision, and action. The magic formula.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Also, once I'm in the zone and massaging a person, I've come to realize that it really doesn't matter that much whether they're male or female.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  5:37:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Do you intend to set up a massage practice in a storefront, or operate "out of the trunk of your car" (not literally of course!) ?

Interestingly enough, my massage table fits in the trunk of my car, and I will be making house calls in the beginning stages, so actually, I will be operating out of the trunk of my car, literally.

The long-term goal is to incorporate massage into an AYP sanctuary in Tampa, under the theme of cultivating ecstatic bliss, but there will be some intermediary steps to get there, i.e. operating out of the trunk of my car. Once I get the AYP certification next year in France, I'm sure that experience will also give me more leverage to achieve the vision—not to mention a much-needed retreat!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  6:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm rooting for AYP Tampa!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  7:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much appreciated, Sunyata!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  7:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ummm... Foot massage. I'm ready to sign the contract in blood.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Ummm... Foot massage. I'm ready to sign the contract in blood.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes! That's the spirit.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If there's such a thing as other lives, you don't want to put up with me for like 10. I'm not a perfect yogini!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. OK, we'll put a clause in the contract that stretches beyond the current incarnation. It's a marathon, not a sprint, right? Yogani wants us to think long-term, so might as well.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  9:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I try, I'm not sure. I was raised differently. I'd like to see real unity, guess I better become it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  11:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I'd like to see real unity, guess I better become it.

Well, you're in the right place, Lalow. AYP is all about becoming our ideal. It's a place for dreamers.

"Dream on. Dream until your dream comes true." -Aerosmith
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I dedicate this Citizen Cope song to you and your practice, Bodhi:

http://youtu.be/JWroFdk6RH8
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  7:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Dogboy! Great song. I really like Citizen Cope. Have you heard The Clarence Greenwood Recordings album? Some really good songs on there...Hurricane Waters, D'Artagnan's Theme, Sideways, etc...
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  10:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll "tube" it!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  6:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
India Arie. She's the best. Check out Ready for Love. I sing it to my Ishta. He ignores me. It's a female perspective, but I think it translates.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 11 2016 6:12:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I may get crappy, but I still wish upon the first star I see at night. We aren't that different.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 11 2016 6:25:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  7:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one from a very non perfect person. R. Kelly. Take the good and leave the rest( to the justice system.). I wonder sometimes how these dudes can have such Insights and do such bad things.

I believe I can fly

It's good even though he's very imperfect.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jun 11 2016 7:55:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  10:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahhh...I believe I can fly...that's a classic. India Arie is also quite lovely. Strong representation of the divine feminine. Inspiring.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Zooming Out

writing:
to soar

playing the instrument:
to glide through infinite space

touching flesh:
to unwind knots and enliven channels already unwound

The childhood fantasies still remain. The imagination won't quite die. Belief in what is deemed impossible can't be let go of because the grip on the ideal has become so strong—as secure and impenetrable as a mountain hugging the ground. The muscle of mind and will power teeter on the edge of hyperflexion.

To surrender means to embrace the momentum of an ocean that obeys a lunar tide of progress. Great expectations loom on the horizon, bubbling on the foam of soapy, nutritious water (pristine underneath).

Zooming In

The fuzz of the internal body waxes and wanes. Strands of arm hair prickle up in excitement, or rest flat in an effortlessly combed quietude.

Each of the women's eyes look distinctly different. Each tell a story. Each communicate volumes of knowledge, experience, wisdom, attraction.

The men's legs are jacked up with energy, wanting to run, wanting to dig themselves way past rock, dirt, and soil—into the volcanic core that breathes fire into tectonic plates, shifting continents with relative ease.

The voices of nurses carry that sultry, Southern twang. The curvature of sound mimics the curvature of the inviting body. Every gesture complements its neighboring form and vibration.

Coming Full Circle

Silence. Peace. Sublime calm.

A dash of ecstasy. A spoonful of orgasm.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  10:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
A dash of ecstasy. A spoonful of orgasm.

The recipe for a good time
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000