New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  8:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like how you mention forward and back. I have to come forward. Sometimes, it's not as peaceful. Still gotta do it, oh that silly inner guru.

Edited by - lalow33 on Mar 29 2016 8:50:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  9:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I know exactly what you mean...forward...progress...definitely.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2016 :  11:05:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today was the first day at massage school that we actually did some massaging.

I got paired with a young man, about 19 years old. He's a meek little guy whose voice reminds me of a character from South Park. When he speaks, it's like a faint, high-pitched mumbling. I often have to ask him: "Sorry, what's that?" Then he repeats his words until I understand the message. His posture and body language are very timid and shy. In short, he doesn't seem to be cut out for a line of work like massage therapy, which demands exuberant and animated energy pouring out of the hands and whole body. So, of course, I ended up being his first practice partner, which I somehow knew was going to happen. LMAO. I kept thinking: Oh dear, this is going to test my outpouring of divine love and stillness in action.

I got to massage him first. We were instructed to focus solely on the feet. As I was working on his feet, using as much finesse as possible, he was having some interesting twitching movements, which almost made me laugh, but in lieu of laughing, I would back off and do some ankle rolls and mild stretches to calm him down. It worked out well. When it came time for us to switch, he sat up and said, "There's no way I'll be as good as you." I replied, "Don't worry, just go with the flow and experiment. I can take a lot of pressure."

He turned out to be OK. His strokes were timid and meek, like his demeanor, but I felt good intentions behind his effort. My awareness was mainly revolving around golden light streaming in and out of my third eye, and that bandwidth intermingled with my notice of his fidgeting fingers. Always nice to have bliss consciousness peeking through the clouds of a new experience.

On my way out of the classroom, my teacher caught up with me and took me to the side. "How was his touch?" she asked, with concerned curiosity. "He wasn't too bad. I think he's got some potential," I replied. Then she asked, "What about his body odor?" I chuckled a little bit, and told her that I didn't detect anything particularly gnarly, but I also gave her the caveat that my sense of smell is not top-notch, due to a head injury from a decade ago. She appreciated my feedback and honesty.

Tomorrow we will do more massaging. I think we will rotate partners. I'm pretty stoked about getting to experience the diversity of touch and energy within the class.

Never a dull moment.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  10:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
source / origin / generator / creator / pre-beginning / prime / first / cause / root / seed / potentiality / infinity / pre-life / beyond / formless

Go.

The body is the mind, and the mind is the body, and together, they are Being. And the flesh is awareness taking form, and every movement is a thought emanating from the origin.

Somehow the seed self of all selves replicated itself into countless varieties, and I swear that the Creator must have cast a spell of amnesia onto all its counterparts, which are its extensions, its limbs, its micro-images. And I, being an extension, just like everyone and everything, ask: How do I remember the moment that I made myself forget, and how exactly did I pull it off? What remains of me from the beginning? And if I had the power to create so much, why am I so limited now, and how do I get my power back?

Or is this body-mind totally separate from its source, and are these musings just delusions of grandeur that have no bearing on the ultimate reality underneath?

All these deep questions intermingle with the more trivial ones—the ones related to simple, immediate tasks. The demands of money. The parameters of health. The emotions that come and go with small occurrences or lingering problems.

And beauty distracts me from the pressing need to answer the call for omniscience. Beauty captures the mind and renews satisfaction. Beauty is so apparent, and not so hidden.

And her face, and her eyes, speak truth silently to me...as I gaze in awe.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2016 :  8:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The rain was coming down hard, but not hard enough to be painful, at least not to me. It was vigorous, thumping, necessary.

As I was about to pull onto the interstate, I got a text from a classmate saying her car was broke down, and that she was stuck. I called her and told her I would come help. When I got there, we figured out that it was a problem with the power steering fluid, so we left her car behind and drove to class in my Ford Fusion. We clocked in at exactly 8:59 AM (59 minutes late). If we had clocked in just one minute later, it would have been counted as a full-day absence, since our school is a "clock hour" program regulated by the county. We were saved by 60 seconds.

When I sat down at my computer and relaxed for a little while, I pressed my forefingers against my closed eyes and began seeing particles of purple light geometrically aligned against a backdrop of blackness. Then came the blinding white light in the middle of the tunnel, swallowing all color with a blanket tongue of completeness. Like the sun, the inner light has heat. The inner light has life. The inner light has consciousness. How to prove that? Hmmm...

Another time.

I forgot my earbuds, so I was unable to listen to music while studying and taking the micro-quizzes on the desktop machine. No bother, my mind is like a jukebox, and songs tend to play on their own accord, drawn from the deep memory bank to keep me emotionally awake.

We had a student orientation earlier in the week, and the school psychologist gave a presentation about positive thinking and mental strategies for success. He said that the brain was the source of emotions, and that feelings get transmitted based on stored information and responses. I wanted to tell him: No, the source of emotions is non-physical; the brain is just an organ that gets stimulated by the non-physical energy. Oh well, he'll figure it out one day when the non-physical confronts him in an undeniable way (hopefully smoothly!). But he really did give some other tips that were spot-on and kind of in line with the sutras of samyama and the general attitude of AYP. I enjoyed his presentation as a whole, and he evoked some hearty laughter from the crowd.

. . .

Later in the evening...a poem...

. . .

every word a jewel
cut from stone beneath the mountain
rendered precise and precious by the hands and knives of craftsmen

rough brothers and sisters
beginning carnal, becoming refined
carving and gnawing their way through the rubble of evolution

there is genius yet unrevealed
there is technology still concealed
there is this blossoming flower spewing its petals forth in bursts of bright color

structure. format. conduct. code.
The protocol of order; The rules of the game; The endless identities assigned to the infinite multitude.

Do you want a clear-cut story that follows a linear narrative and abides by the formula of a well-constructed plot?
Do you want an impressionist collage that breathes and warbles with puffy clouds and paint splotches and fuzzy lines?

Tell me, and I will deliver.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  12:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Let them come to you
From infinite space
The look on her face
And I will embrace
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  02:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
from inner silence
the words came out
one by one

From infinite sources
the stars
the moon
who can tell

if only we could be silent
waiting what will
come

only masterpieces
will be born

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  08:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

only masterpieces
will be born

Love this.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2016 :  2:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
masterpieces from the hand of novices
painting a new path on the canvas of the soul
discovering how to blend the colour of light
to reflect the inner divinity that lies within

love and blessings charliedog
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  12:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kumar
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2016 :  10:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

masterpieces from the hand of novices
painting a new path on the canvas of the soul
discovering how to blend the colour of light
to reflect the inner divinity that lies within

Sublime.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  10:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I gave my classmates and teacher a crash course in AYP today, and it was pretty golden. Pure flow. They had lots of questions and comments, and my responses just seemed to come effortlessly from the wellspring of memory and spontaneous consciousness. The doer was pretty much undone. It felt like I was sliding down a pipeline of bliss the whole time.

I started out by telling them how I came to AYP, then I described how AYP is an open-source system that offers a baseline of practices with room for modifications. I mapped out the four states of consciousness (waking, dreaming, dreamless sleep, and turiya), and defined yoga and its general mission of uniting the disparate elements of reality (masculine + feminine, stillness + ecstasy, human + divine, and so on). I finally got into the details of how to practice Deep Meditation, but I also provided them the option of doing a passive witness style, or easily favoring the breathing. Of course, I emphasized the importance of moving forward regardless of scenery and judging the success of meditation based on the positive effects after the session.

After my presentation and our actual meditation, there was such positive feedback that my teacher is going to allow us to do a short meditation every morning at the beginning of class. Long-term rhythm...in motion...rollin', rollin', rollin'...

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Apr 12 2016 11:47:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2016 :  11:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  03:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can totally relate to that last post. Whenever I start talking about AYP, I light up ! Both in terms of radiance and feeling light, walking on air .

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2203 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  06:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  07:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The doer was pretty much undone. It felt like I was sliding down a pipeline of bliss the whole time.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  07:44:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2016 :  7:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

I can totally relate to that last post. Whenever I start talking about AYP, I light up! Both in terms of radiance and feeling light, walking on air.

Good times.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2016 :  9:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A Transmission from the Abstract

Unconditional Perfection takes form and sustains its perfection entirely. Jagged edges, dysfunctional tendencies, rotting diseases...these are just as perfect as the most robust health that can be imagined.

The equilateral disposition of life renders all shapes congruent to their causes. The source of all causes cannot be contained, cannot be understood, cannot be captured. The source of all causes can be contained, can be understood, can be captured. The face of Truth smiles in tandem with the face of Delusion.

Deep inside the mind, there is a place that remains unshaken. At the center of the body is a space untouched. To traverse the distance between the surface and the bottom is the journey of the human being.

Algorithms

To tell the truth is to reveal as many angles as possible. To deceive is to hide and conceal aspects of reality. Telling the truth implies a willingness to become completely transparent, thereby exposing all sides. Partial truth and partial deception are reflections of wholeness.

Specifics

The vacuum cleaner whirs and whines with its electric screech. The operator of the machine speaks to me in broken English, laden with a thick Spanish accent. I nod and speak words of affirmation. Yes, OK, Ah, I understand.

The gay male student tickles my feet intermittently during a massage in class. I laugh at his antics. Other than that, he is professional and respects the boundaries.

A coworker complains about the high-pitched voice of another employee who talks on the phone. I empathize by admitting my own lack of quality.

The music comes through the earbud and stimulates nerves of recognition. Recognizing the singer, I hear myself. Recognizing the timbres of instruments, I listen to my own thoughts. Recognizing the silence underneath sound, there is nothing left to say.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2016 :  10:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A purple-pink, atmospheric, lemonade sky at sunset
Dripping down the horizon
Drunk by the curved mouth of the unseen other side
Fading further, leaving a remnant of darkness:
A preface to the illumination of twinkling stars that fill the absence of blue

City smog and electricity blur the nocturnal window
What is this power mined from the guts of the Earth?
How long will the violence of industry last?
"The killer in me is the killer in you. I send this smile over to you."

There is nothing to lament, for the plan is already perfect, guaranteed, certain.

Still, there is improvisation.

Let me tell you about rage, hatred, and seething discontent. It bubbles up from below and reacts to the vacuum void of happiness. Fill this space with something I imagine to be utopian! Implement all manners of machine and technology to construct a civilization functioning in hyper-harmony.

If I could devour and digest evil, I would eat black tar by the handfuls. The city of jewels cannot be polluted by acid rain and poisonous gas. The cauldron of the inferno burns with supremely intense heat, purifying all obstructions.

My greed is the instrument of my liberation. My lust—the attraction of God Herself. My transgressions—the sanctity of pristine action.

"Sometimes they have to kill us. They have to kill us, because they can't break our spirit. We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom, and the illusion of freedom. There is a way to live with earth, and a way not to live with earth. We choose the way of earth. It's about power, Ray."
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  08:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If I could devour and digest evil, I would eat black tar by the handfuls

Deep.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  09:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hungry for transformation!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  10:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

orangesky

Germany
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  12:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

A purple-pink, atmospheric, lemonade sky at sunset
Dripping down the horizon
Drunk by the curved mouth of the unseen other side
Fading further, leaving a remnant of darkness:
A preface to the illumination of twinkling stars that fill the absence of blue

Very beautiful words from you once again
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2016 :  7:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much obliged, Orangesky.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000