Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama laying down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Flat4Wagon

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  10:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey,

So I added Samyama to my practice recently since I've felt like I had enough inner silence after meditation. I'm never thought free in my mind but there's room for silence.

Anyway, I love to lay down after meditation and that's how I've been doing Samyama. I find it easier to "be easy" in my silence if I'm leaned back. I'm still very clunky at the whole thing, It's hard to not focus on anything and let the mind be silent when there's no anchor to hold on to. I'm also still struggling with picking up a sutra ever so lightly and letting it go without my awareness sticking to it a little . I'm getting better every time though.

So is there any benefit to staying seated for Samyama? Am I missing out on something by laying on my back?

Thanks!

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  11:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say as long as you are not falling asleep half way thru the sutras, it's ok to do them lying down.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2014 :  2:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything sounds fine. As someone mentioned here recently, DM is inward flowing and samyama is outward flowing. Surrendering is key to both.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000