Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Oxytocin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  1:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I stopped spinal breathing a few weeks ago. I've noticed that my sex drive is back but something has changed. I'll get the desire and whether I act on it or not I'm flooded with what I believe is oxytocin. I recognize the feel of it from breast feeding my children. There's a sudden Aahh.. feeling followed by a feeling of thirst. It's much stronger than I remember. I feel drunk with love. This can last for hours.

I do not practice tantric sex, but I looked up tantra and oxytocin. Most sites say with better/stronger orgasms more oxytocin will be produced. This is not my experience at all.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  4:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wondering what made you stop SBP. Was it because it was interfering with your sex drive?
It makes a lot of sense that the states we cultivate through yoga should have a hormonal counterpart, but I don't know if many people could associate their emotional states with specific hormones.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jul 15 2014 11:29:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  1:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blueraincoat,

I stopped spinal breathing because of sensitivity and possibly poor technique, nothing to do with my sex drive. I'm happy it's back!

There is a soft bubbling at the root, then the crown, then the heart. It has a different feel than the nectar cycle. No minty feel and no traceable flow, at least not where I'm at now, but the relaxation and the thirsty feeling I recognize.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  9:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33,

Thanks for sharing this exciting discovery. I have no idea about what the cause or outcome actually is, but it sounds wonderful. Perhaps your prana is just integrating in a more refined and sustainable manner within your nervous system?

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  12:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow33
I noticed at least one piece of research that correlates thirst with oxytocin. I'll copy the link here, although you probably know everything about it. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7586595

Which does raise the question whether all yoginis get more thirsty when we get flooded with feeling of love? Perhaps we do and we don't notice? It wouldn't apply to men though. Apparently oxytocin makes them more competitive, not more loving! The world of hormones is hugely complicated, but your loving feelings sound wonderful! You're certainly making good progress there
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  8:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

Hi Lalow33,

Thanks for sharing this exciting discovery. I have no idea about what the cause or outcome actually is, but it sounds wonderful. Perhaps your prana is just integrating in a more refined and sustainable manner within your nervous system?

Anima,

Thank you for responding to just about all of my posts. Your kindness is much appreciated. I think things are smoothing out for me. Best wishes to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000