Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Mulabandha I am not sure if I am doing it correct
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Downward-dog

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  3:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namasté yogi's

I have been wanting to do pranayama in order to improve my spiritual wellbeing and stop my addiction for masturbating. I am trying to be honest here, because I really need help in order to cleanse my soul and spirit.

The problem is that I am not sure how to do the Mulabandha correctly. What I do now is using muscles at the anus and my penis. I feel a slight sensation in my penis, in my younger years I would sometimes have a stiffy. And when doing this exact move, I could control movement of my penis moving it up and letting it fall back down. It's a silly explanation but it is needed for me to know if I am doing it correctly.

Because I am not sure if this is really the movement I should do, prior to me using it for jokes in the past. So I guess my attachment with that particular move is a bit non-serious due to this. However I want to do the mulabhanda in all seriousness, and want to know if this really is the best move. I am sorry if I offended someone but this is the best way in which I could describe it. Also I do feel that the lower lower very low abdominal muscles are used a little bit, am I doing the right thing?

If not how would you describe it the easiest or how can I know I do it good enough, I did read in some page on the internet that not doing the mulabandha can result in the energy going rampage trough the body dammaging my nervous system. I do not want to dammage my nervous system.

Thanks a lot, I thank you all I thank Shiva and all beings. For guiding me and helping me on the path of Yoga.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  3:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  10:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, muhlabanda involves the muscles and movement you described so you are doing it correctly. Combine it with uddiana banda, drawing the naval region up and back toward the spine for greater effect.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000