Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Kundalini and sexual arousal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jpa100

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  7:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
thgtr

Edited by - jpa100 on Jul 07 2014 11:07:10 PM

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  09:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I might be helpful it you could elaborate a bit more about your situation.

When are these "sudden erections" occurring? Is it at a time when it is causing you embarrassment? Is that why you are so concerned about them?

Are you attempting a path of celibacy? Is that why you have been striving to continuously transmute the energy?

It is not the best idea to attempt to use spiritual practices to repress sexual energy.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  12:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It is not the best idea to attempt to use spiritual practices to repress sexual energy.

If anything you should be celebrating these erections! Some day you will miss their surprise visits! Kriyaboy's right, no repression; use the arousal, draw the feeling up the shishuma. Be playful!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  3:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Here and there" is not such a bad practice, especially since you are already doing yoga, overcoming kundalini issues, and currently not in a relationship. You are swimming against the current of your 'youthful biology', so cut yourself some slack if you succumb to 'here and there'. Trust you Bhakti in guiding you forward. You are on the right path.

Smile a lot at the girl, be playful with her. Enjoy the erections for what they are and expect nothing. They will not be a problem if you don't make them one.
Go to Top of Page

jpa100

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  5:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks alot. Most of my life people have shamed me for stuff like this happening so I'm glad it's actually a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  9:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, sexual arousal is a very good thing! Take it from someone who lost the ability to get erections for a while due to a prostatectomy and relied on a daily yoga-based arousal therapy to regain the ability.

The guru is definately in you; never let anyone, especially yourself, shame it away!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000