Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 feeling anxious after Shakti Kriya, Bhastrika
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sammy777

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  12:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After doing about 45 minutes of intense breathing called shakti kriya with bhastrika (my first time), i felt anxious (panicky) at night, could not sleep the whole night. something to do with hyperventilation?

Any feedback will be helpful, is this temporary?

Thanks

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  2:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This style of breathing is a huge purifier, best to introduce it in "bite-sized pieces" than swallow it whole. Allow your system to settle, then try again when you feel directed to.
Go to Top of Page

jyoteekat

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  08:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Dogboy...
5 minutes to start with is just fine for beginning, then slowly add sets.
~A.
Go to Top of Page

Rinaldo

Italy
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  12:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hyperventilation is used to bring in surface past trauma and to experience mystical state of mind,
you can search Holotropic Breathwork.

I just did it yesterday, and i could not sleep too. It's best done with someone else, so it's easier to release the energy after that.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000