Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Stage 2 SO Close --- "Please Advise!"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  02:23:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I'm at about "Kechari Stage 1.85 and Climbing" -- and think / feel / know / hope I can get there *without* snipping (but we shall see -- and if needed I *shall* snip, per the following details) ...

"Bliss Sense" and tongue relaxation have combined to help my tongue go even farther back -- and it's downright tantalizing ... I feels like I'm "right there" -- y'know??

Secretions / Nectar has increased, which helps the tongue to easily slide even farther back (and which *seems* to be emanating directly from the tip of my tongue - though I've never heard of that before [which doesn't seem to make much difference ... .

So here's the deal:

Despite all that, I just can't seem to get *quite* enough torque / pressure / leverage on the soft palate (to push the "flap" up, to get my tongue back into the passage).

I can feel the uvula (aka "dangly thing") easily, and when I use finger(s), and attempt to follow the "turn tongue to the side, and go to the side" technique, it feels like there's indeed a groove / space that should make it easier to slip the tongue behind the soft palate (though I just felt around a bit [and am going to have to wipe off my keyboard .... ... the perils of real-time experimentation ....!], and it feels like this side-groove may be a cul-de-sac kinda thing, and not an actual short-cut to the passage behind.

And, when I try to go straight back, it *feels* like the tip of my tongue is just about at the end of the soft palate -- but when I try to push up on the soft palate (including with "finger-assist"), my tongue slides forward, back to the hard palate, and I'm back at "Go" ... without collecting $200, and without flying through inner space.

The ecstatic conductivity during this process is nothing short of amazing - at points, it's like my whole head is c .... er, um ... _c_aressed by a warm, loving, joyous [and not just a little sensual and erotic, lemme tell ya ....] LIGHT --- and if the tip of the tongue goes into that side-socket just right, it's like sticking my tongue into the LIGHT _socket_ (even with what I wrote above -- "Bhakti Factor" gloriously explodes by several orders of magnitude.

Really.

Really Really.

"Thank you, Lord Shiva, I'll take what's behind the flap, for the dreams called 'me', please!"

And yes, I recognize that my lack of ability to get "enough tongue" behind the soft palate, and to generate enough upward pressure on "said soft palate" _could_ be due to the fact that my frenum is indeed stretched to its limits.

How much so?

A couple of nights ago, I tasted blood -- and realized that my frenum had actually torn a little bit (after possible being "helped" by some spontaneous Talavya / Lion-Pose [just the tongue part of it] / Bija Mantra Chanting ["Can I get a 'Lam'?! 'Lam'!].

(Um, yes --- it is a rather vigorous ... yet, um .... MOST ... [literally - out of - well, all of them!] enjoyable process.)

And YES - in complete seriousness: I am watching the self-pacing like Garuda on Guard-Duty --- but currently, what I've described above is a daily, semi-spontaneous [I start spinal breathing, and off - or more like ON - I go!]

It's pretty much impossible to describe the sheer level of _rightness_ to the way this process feels.

If I read my own words, I'd be concerned about a binge / flame-out dynamic ["He's Dead, Jim. He appears to have actually subtle-orgasmed himself to deat -- no, wait -- to Life. Fascinating."].

However, that does not seem to be the case -- I'm actually feeling better, on every level, all during the day -- and I've experienced "prana burn" / kundalinoverload before -- and none of those symptoms are present.

It's more like: my tongue's gonna get there, with me [snipping] or without me [snipping] -- and per everything above, snipping may actually be the *smoother* route!

What say ye?

Any and all input is most welcome, especially any refreshers on "mouth topography" that might help ("Um, if you just inhale, and tilt your head back about .5 cm, you'll be in Stage 3 .... sheesh!").

Which brings me to my very last point [Hey! Stop with the clapping, already! .

Yep.

HIM.

The freakin' kid in the video.

(aka "That very fortunate young man").

How does he just, like, *flick* his tongue back there??

When I try, I get farther back that ever (until 2-3 days ago) AND a GOOD ol' rush of ecastatic conductivity (literally almost down into my Root -- and quite literally down into my belly!

I feel the soft-palate "flap" push up, and can feel that there IS an "up" back there, and it even feels like "this is IT!" [enough "upness" that I think it's a-gonna happen], but then RRRrrrroooommp [picture agonizing, slo-mo video of the tongue sliiiiding along the soft palate, sliiiiding along the hard palate, descending through the vast, inch-plus reaches of the frontal mouth, and splashing down in a pool of its own saliva ... and back to laying around with a bunch of filling-laden cuspids and incisors. It's exactly like the starting segment ".... and the agony of defeat ....!" to the Wild World of Sports from the 1960s, only with a tongue, instead of a man on skis.]

The agony of de tongue.

and "Nah, not really" --- I'm actually pretty much enjoying myself, as you can probably tell. I'll just be enjoying myself a whole lot _more_, once I reach Stage 2 ...!

(As I trot off to review some Uphanishadic quotes on desirelessness ..... )

Thanks in Advance for Any Input - Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - If you don't hear from me for a while ..... I made it!

PPS -- YES, I just "re-found" Lesson 223 -- and it seems pretty much tailor-made for *exactly* where I am, Kechari-wise ... so if you have any *other* input (beyond what Lesson 223 covers quite well ...) -- that would be "most awesome". Cheers!

Edited by - Kirtanman on Aug 18 2006 02:38:17 AM

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  07:54:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman,

I believe that you have enough length already. If you can touch the uvula without the help of a finger then you should be able to enter stage 2. I have been in stage 2 for a couple of months and I still cannot reach the uvula without the help of a finger.

I think that your trap door is probably a little tight. It will loosen with practice. Keep steady "forward" pressure against it with the help of your finger pressed against the base of your tongue where the frenum is attached. Wiggling your tongue side to side a little should help.

You are there man. Be patient. I will happen.

Wishing you all the best!
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  09:06:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're still thinking that you must go backwards, you're in stage 1.4. 1.5 is when you enter the trapdoor, and 2 is where you reach the......thingy and those things. Upon 1.5, you should only be moving forwards. Maybe that's just a miscommunication, though, and you're actually at stage 1.7 or something. If that's the case, then what you must do to open the passageway now, is just breathe and relax. The only thing you should do is push forward with your tongue.

Personally, I found that in the moment where my attention drifted from it, I reached stage 2. Then I was like "wow, that's weird". It wasn't some monumentous explosion of ecstatic bliss punching me in the face...but it was unique. But anyway, I think if you just let go of trying to reach it so bad and continue practicing you'll see that it just goes there.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  8:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucid is correct, if you can reach that far without the aid of your finger than with you should most certainly be able to enter stage two.

My first thought when I found that little slip was "I could've done this a year ago". I just never used my finger. I thought it was straight back and then up, when you use the finger to push the tip of the tongue just past the uvula and then wiggle the tip backwards into the slip which is on that backside of the uvula.

It is so simple it is confusing, lol.

Use your finger for help, and let your tongue examine every inch of the uvula just like it wants to. It will find the opening if you help it to.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  8:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was researching wikipedia. Did you guys notice that yogani is in there?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  8:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

I was researching wikipedia. Did you guys notice that yogani is in there?

Hi Kyman,
Yes, Brett has put that article in. Thanks Brett.
AYP Helpers/Wikipedia

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 18 2006 8:33:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bill

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman,

You're going to write a book on your experiences right. Including the chapter on crashing and burning into the pool of saliva and incissors etc. Let me know when its out.
Bill
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bill

Kirtanman,

You're going to write a book on your experiences right. Including the chapter on crashing and burning into the pool of saliva and incissors etc. Let me know when its out.
Bill

One never knows!

(And thanks for the suggestion / compliment -- I'm honored / appreciative concerning the thought, whether or not it ends up happening.)

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  11:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

The side way method just doesn't work for me. I can now reach the side way groove and the uvula without finger help, but the so-called groove is so shallow that I will slide out extremely easily if I push forward (with or without fingers pushing the base back).

So am I not deep enough into the groove? I tried my best, and decided to snip more.......

Alvin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000