AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 a neat pic for kechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  4:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Gray1203.png

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://education.yahoo.com/referenc...?id=223#p993
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2006 :  4:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good one, Kyman!

"A picture is worth 1000 words" -- as in lesson 108, and quite a few words since.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  09:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Thanks for sharing Kyman. These are great pictures.
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  11:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, Kyman. I am far from there yet, but it will be exceptionally useful for non-native speaker to understand where precisely you guys mean

By the way, may I take this opportunity to ask if anyone have a reference picture on the path we should trace during spinal breathing? Without a picture, in the first few months I actually did it wrong (I went around the top of the head before reaching the third eye). I corrected it several months ago. But I want to make sure I'm really doing this important practice correctly.

The position of the third eye, for example, is described differently in different texts. In spinal breathing, should I reach the surface between the eyeblows?

A side-view picture would be most helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2006 :  10:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin, when youa are in the book store, check the yoga books relating to energy/prana/chi. Often they have wonderful illustrations of the inner body.

You are like me, you see the image in a book and suddenly the same area becomes active in the body. It's fun to read about yoga because as I read I feel it coming alive inside. To study is to meditate!
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2006 :  9:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My septum feels like a funny shape?

I would imagine this structure is not uniform. Anyone else have the same experience of asymetry?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  10:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You may have a mildly-deviated septum. Check out this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviated_septum

It is common for nasal septums to depart from the exact centerline; the septum is only considered deviated if the shift is substantial or is adversely affecting the patient. Many people with a deviation are unaware they have it until some discomfort is produced. But by itself a deviated septum can go for years without being detected and thus be without any real need for correction.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  12:59:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

You may have a mildly-deviated septum. Check out this article:

Thanks David. This morning after Shamyama.. this is the exact thought that came into my head and I thought I should tell Kyman.. but then I forgot.. heh heh heh.. getting old...
Kyman in this thread http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1395 you said "My nostrils seem to be closed a good bit of the time."
This may be a sign of deviated septum.. a couple of my friends have/had it.. and one had surgery to fix it. If you have trouble breathing, you may want to get it checked out by a doc..
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  8:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I am in the process of making the appointment.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000