Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra in a refined state
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ridetanto

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  05:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I have a question regarding the refinement of the mantra:

During the course of a DM session I experience a consistent refinement of the mantra (mantra ... lost in thoughts ... favoring the mantra and coming back to a refined level ... lost in thoughts ... favoring the mantra and coming back to a more refined level, etc.). For some time now, after about 10-15 minutes of DM I often experience the mantra only as a rhythm or pulsation/vibration (mmm - mmm - mmm, if you will), without any pronunciation at all. This pulsation could virtually be any 1-2 syllable word, so all "characteristics" of the specific mantra are lost, and I am not sure if this qualifies as "thinking the mantra" at all.

Is the correct way to proceed from here to favor this rhythm/pulsation (because it is the mantra in a refined state, even if it cannot be recognized as any specific mantra) or to come back to any faint and fuzzy pronunciation of the mantra (because the rhythm is merely "a thought", and not the mantra).

According to these threads I assume, it's ok to stay with the rhythm:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13946
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10109

Thanks in advance!

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  06:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ridetanto and welcome!

you´re doing a great job! and yes, those links you´ve found can give you the answer you´re looking for.

you have Yogani´s answer quoted by Christi in your first link:

"If pronunciation is faint and fuzzy (non-pronounceable) when we come back to the mantra, then we stay with that and it will refine further from there into stillness. If we come back and pronunciation is clear enough to where we can distinquish (pronounce) another sound that is different from I AM, then we favor I AM. In other words, we treat any other recognizable (conscious) sound in the mind like any other thought and favor I AM.

When the mantra is faint and fuzzy, we don't have to labor over whether it is refined I AM or refined something else. We just go with it and transcend. Over time the whole process becomes automatic at all levels in the mind."

enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

ridetanto

Germany
8 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  07:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the confirmation, Ayiram.
This question kept bringing me back to the surface again and again during meditation. Let's see how it will go.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000