Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Yogacharya Dr. Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  03:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys!

Trying to get more info about Yogacharya Ashoke Kumar Chatterjee of Calcutta.He is disciple of Sri Satyacharan Lahiri,grandson of Lahiri Baba.
Any one initiated by him?Could anyone share any experiences?

After reading quite a bit about Kriya in this forum,i got kind of idea what are the places where i could get my Kriya.
Holy mentioned after having experiences with different lineages of Kriya that one which comes from Lahiri family(not so diluted one)is best in her/his opinion.That doesn't surprise me at all.
So i am not actually concerned is this guy able to pass correct technique.
I'm just curious to know how is he as a teacher,what impression is he leaving..But please,do feel free to post any info on him! :)
Thank you!

Edited by - Sol Invictus on Apr 06 2014 09:57:37 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  1:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sol,
I don't know anything about him, but I just want to comment. "Correct technique" is not the most important thing.
What enlightens one person may not work at all for another, and others have been helped greatly by what some call false teachings.
It is best to meditate until you find the silence that will guide you along your path ("inner guru").
Maybe you have already found that silence, and that's why you are attracted to this guru. I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  2:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sol Invictus,

it is said that Ashoke has the most precise teaching regarding the original kriya practices from the first up to the higher kriyas.

But to my experience for daily householder life, means for those working, having family, friends, partners etc., those kriya variants which are closer to Lahiris original, means which have more focus on the first 6 chakras, are more suitable. They do support the unfolding of life more so to speak without making you miss anything in the longterm.

These kriya yogas include the one you can learn from Shibendu, Ashok Singh, Ashoke Chatterjee, Hans and Gurunath. Hans' kriya is freely available and is a good start to get the taste of Lahiris kriya yoga. If a more detailed and thorough initiation or an attraction to a guru exists, one can still go that route.

If all aspects of life have been experienced fully, you will naturally be drawn to the crown. For those, KYI may be the better option. Or for those who must know what the crown is about :)

Peace friend, as Etherfish said, in the stillness of yourself wish for the super best and look what comes to your way.
Go to Top of Page

Sol Invictus

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2014 :  9:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,thanx for input!

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

"Correct technique" is not the most important thing.

I meant that he should be able to pass something that is quite close to what Lahiri Baba did.So "correct" in that sense.And i want that due to love and respect i have for Lahiriji:)
And i do agree with you,Etherfish,technique is not the most important thing.You know The Three Hermits story from Yoganandaji's autobiography?
Love for Father and faith,yearning to go back Home,everything else comes by it self.

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

it is said that Ashoke has the most precise teaching regarding the original kriya practices from the first up to the higher kriyas.

That's good to know!You know maybe someone who got Kriya from him?
He does look very serious and particular,at least in photos.Like a sergeant

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

But to my experience for daily householder life, means for those working, having family, friends, partners etc., those kriya variants which are closer to Lahiris original, means which have more focus on the first 6 chakras, are more suitable.

You mean more user-friendly?

Waaahh...just got reply on my email which i have sent to a person based in US.That person is mentioned in some threads here lot of times.
I asked him about Ashoke Chatterjee and explained that there is no way i can come to US.
Check this out:"Ashok Chatterjee has given shallow understanding of the Kriya steps and some portion of the practice may be not correctly given."
So sad that they are bad mouthing each other.Speaks alot about them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000