Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 So, how many enlightened are there anyway ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  02:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wondering.. how many currently living in flesh are in that state ? There are few well-known Guru's who claim they're and most of them are enjoying a good life style teaching it to others (like/call it or not but it is a business) and we know only of them... I suppose there are quite a few who have reached that clarity and are just enjoying their lives (or state) without showing it off and staying relatively unknown.

so, what's an approximate figure ? is it in 10s or 100s or 1000s ?

I also ask this because I see that most in these paths have the goal of enlightenment. Some just start the practices completely obsessed with that rosy/ultimate goal and I am sure at least a few of those end up screwing up their 'so-called-normal' lives (I personally know 2). Others realize that although it is an ultimate goal, no one knows whether one can reach it (the roadmap is there, but your ability is not known) and it is important to go slow and enjoy our day-to-day lives while continuing the practices faithfully.... Don't know why but I didn't start practices with that goal and still don't have it... may be because things were so bad (emotionally) in the past that a relatively normal happy life (which I now have, thanks to the practices) is good enough for me :-)

thanks,

Edited by - NoDogma on Mar 30 2014 02:47:29 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2014 :  11:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say thousands. i think most enlightened people don't want the spotlight you get from being a guru.

I think many people think enlightenment brings some kind of magical connection with god and the universe, and extraordinary powers, and perfection, but I don't think those are necessarily part of the deal.

We have a connection to god and the universe normally, but it can be over-ruled by our free choice at any minute. Quite a large number of people block these things on a daily basis.
So if they just stop blocking these things, magical things happen compared to their former "normal" life.

So I think an enlightened state is normal, and what most people think of as normal is abnormal!

Enlightened people make mistakes too; it doesn't make you perfect. I've seen people try to take down a supposedly enlightened guru by reporting on something he did that was obviously not enlightened.
This is a flaw in people's logic; that one small part of a person can be used to judge the whole person.

And also a flaw in the definition of enlightenment. As long as we have free choice, we are able to make mistakes. And if we give up our free choice to a higher power, there is always the possibility of a misunderstood instruction, or a temporarily bad connection. I believe the great enlightened people we read about like Jesus were so close to perfect that people ignored their mistakes.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 30 2014 1:54:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000