Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Greetings from a member of the Flying Kundalinis!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rgnyc

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  6:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings All!

I want to begin by offering my profuse thanks and eternal gratitude to Yogani, for starting AYP, and to all the folks who populate these fora and make this site the gift that it is. I have learned a lot, and hope to contribute as well.

About two months ago, I had a spontaneous Kundalini awakening, probably induced by a combination of things, chief among which was an adverse reaction to new medication for chronic insomnia: A few days after suffering a couple of violent dizzy-spells that each landed me in the emergency-room, I had the Kundalini experience. I had only heard the phrase on the Aneros (sex toy, and possible Kundalini stimulator, it turns out) web forum, and looked it up a few weeks before, and otherwise had no previous interest in or knowledge of yoga, or any of “that new age stuff”.

Well, my Kundalini experience was the most wonderful and amazing experience I have ever had: After the initial energy surges went up and down my spine as I lay in bed one evening, nothing much happened, and I went to sleep. I awoke at about 4:00 AM, tingling all over, and experienced a visual hallucination throughout my visual field, of what looked like swirling red and blue ribbons, all trimmed with gold thread near the edges. The hallucination faded; then, I had the feeling that I was somehow making love and being made love to throughout my body and mind: I was lost in this experience, there and not-there. This lovemaking went on for an hour or more. Then I “came to”, and was lying there in the afterglow of the lovemaking, and began to have a visualization of my body as a silhouette of fuzzy white light, with some darker, grey areas in it; I began to feel a funny feeling in my genitals and extremities, and felt I was being sucked up through the top of my head, as if by a giant Shop Vac. As my body silhouette was being sucked through a small hole in the top of my head, all the grey areas were scraped off and fell away. The body silhouette that emerged from the top of my head was a pure fuzzy white light. Then I finally “came to” again. I was tingling all over, and couldn't get back to sleep.

For the next few nights, similar things happened: various visual hallucinations, reveries, feelings of ecstasy, bliss, love, and I don't know what all, and lots of tingling all over. I had read that Kundalini awakenings could be dangerous if left to themselves, so I figured I'd better do some research on how to manage this thing before something bad happened. For one thing, I wanted to get some sleep, and all the fireworks was waking me up at 4:00 AM every morning.

I looked at innumerable yoga sites, and finally found two sites that were relevant and looked honest: The swamij site, and AYP.

From AYP I learned that spinal breathing and meditation would calm down the Kundalini and sooth my aching chakras, all of which were now tingling away, so I now knew chakras were for real, and where they were.

Then I figured I had to re-think my ideas about the spiritual realm, God, etc. I felt I had been given a great gift, and I wanted to do as much as I could to make the most of it, so I settled on the AYP practices, and started daily sessions of meditation, spinal breathing, with amaroli on the side in order to strengthen whatever it was supposed to strengthen. In for a penny(!), in for a pound, I always say.

This is how I got here. In the next installment, I begin to question what's going on.

Edit 2014-03-21:
I forgot to mention: I was so moved by this experience, and my seemingly rapid progress that, after some reading on the AYP site, I proceeded to have a lingual frenectomy done in anticipation of kechari mudra. How's that for bhakti?

I'm still astounded by the positive results I've had so far, in that the Kundalini awakening and the yoga have resolved or reduced all the medical problems I've tried to deal with over the years with few good results. My insomnia is much less a problem, partly because Shakti still wakes me up at 4:00 AM or thereabouts, and I have more energy in the daytime too. I still drink beer to get to sleep, but once asleep, I sleep more soundly, with fewer nighttime awakenings.

Cheers.

Edited by - rgnyc on Mar 21 2014 9:35:52 PM

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2014 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums!
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  1:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah welcome to the forums!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  3:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  6:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoyed reading about your experience. Welcome to the AYP forums!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000