Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP-based meditation timer/journal app
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  1:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As mentioned in another thread, I've got the attention of an iOS developer interested in creating a meditation app. Now that progress is underway I thought I'd start a separate thread for this.

The app will not be an actual "AYP" app, rather a tool that will be suited for use with AYP practices. We want the app to have wide appeal for yogis across the board, but since my focus is AYP that will have a huge influence on the development. Especially since the app developer doesn't yet meditate!

The app will focus around the structure of an AYP sit, where you have sub-sections within a sit that are timed individually (spinal breathing, deep meditation, rest, etc).

There will be a way to log a morning and evening sit, as well as add a journal entry for each. There will be a calendar view for visually showing your progress.

There will be a reference guide for techniques and asanas, as well as a glossary of terms. These will be quoted from AYP and I'll be connecting with Yogani to work out the details. This will be a text-based reference. The idea here is less about lessons, and more about a quick reference guide for existing meditators.

The idea is to have a basic free app with added features as in-app purchases. That way you can use the basic features of the app for free, but those who wish for an advanced feature set can pay for those. This helps avoid putting ads in the app, but also allows us to recoup development costs.

Depending on the interest here, I'll share as much activity as I can as we progress. I am open to feedback on features that I may have overlooked, and I also may not be aware of some things that might apply to advanced practices since I'm not at those stages quite yet.

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  4:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You might've already come across this post by 'Light' or tried the app already. In case you've not :
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14095
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  02:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I saw that post and the app. I haven't bought it but it doesn't seem to offer what I want, which is to set up sessions of varying length within a sit. I can't tell if it offers a reference guide. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000