New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  4:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Today is Bhagavad Gita Jayanti, the day this great discourse occurred. As an offering to this great scripture, here is the Gita Dhyanam, or meditation on the Gita, humbly offered by yours truly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB-...ure=youtu.be

More on the Gita Dhyanam here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gita_Dhyanam

Edited by - kami on Dec 17 2013 10:12:39 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  6:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my dear Kami.

Had tears rolling down my face listening to the divine voice and the devotion in your voice as the song poured out of your heart.
Touched :')
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2013 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my dearest Shanti.

Your love is deeply felt and reciprocated, Devi.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  09:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Hi all,

Today is Bhagavad Gita Jayanti, the day this great discourse occurred. As an offering to this great scripture, here is the Gita Dhyanam, or meditation on the Gita, humbly offered by yours truly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB-...ure=youtu.be

More on the Gita Dhyanam here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gita_Dhyanam

Wow, Kami --- this is both beautiful and powerful!

Thank you so much for posting this.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  12:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  2:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for listening K'man and Lalow. Very humbled and grateful for the kind words.

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  3:55:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this Kami, I enjoyed it.

I stumbled across this and lay down and listened to it in silence, right after a heart opening moment where there had been two thoughts about a potential course of action in my life, one thought suggesting a selfish course, the other suggesting a higher course, of love, and a clear, easy discernment had arisen to take the higher course.

This was a nice and peaceful moment of quiet love.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Dec 14 2013 3:58:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  5:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Josh.

Here is a translation of this hymn (composed by Shankaracharya) from salagram.net

Om paarthaaya pratibodhitaam bhagavataa naaraayanenaswayam,
Vyaasena grathitaam puraanamuninaa madhye mahaabhaaratam;
Advaitaamritavarshineem bhagavateem ashtaadashaa dhyaayineem,
Amba twaam anusandadhaami bhagavadgeete bhavadweshineem.

1. Om. O Bhagavad Gita, with which Partha was illumined by Lord Narayana Himself, and which was composed within the Mahabharata by the ancient sage, Vyasa, O Divine Mother, the destroyer of rebirth, the showerer of the nectar of Advaita, and consisting of eighteen discourses—upon Thee, O Gita, Oaffectionate Mother, I meditate!

Namostu te vyaasa vishaalabuddhe phullaaravindaayatapatranetra;
Yena twayaa bhaaratatailapoornah prajwaalito jnaanamayah pradeepah.

2. Salutations unto thee, O Vyasa, of broad intellect and with eyes like the petals of a full-blown lotus, by whom the lamp of knowledge, filled with the oil of the Mahabharata, has been lighted!

Prapannapaarijaataaya totravetraikapaanaye;
Jnaanamudraaya krishnaaya geetaamritaduhe namah.

3. Salutations to Lord Krishna, the Parijata or the Kalpataru or the bestower of all desires for those who take refuge in Him, the holder of the whip in one hand, the holder of the symbol of divine knowledge and the milker of the divine nectar of the Bhagavad Gita!

Sarvopanishado gaavo dogdhaa gopaalanandanah;
Paartho vatsah sudheer bhoktaa dugdham geetaamritam mahat.

4. All the Upanishads are the cows; the milker is Krishna; the cowherd boy, Partha (Arjuna), is the calf; men of purified intellect are the drinkers; the milk is the great nectar of the Gita.

Vasudevasutam devam kamsachaanooramardanam;
Devakeeparamaanandam krishnam vande jagadgurum.

5. I salute Sri Krishna, the world-teacher, son of Vasudeva, the destroyer of Kamsa and Chanura, the supreme bliss of Devaki!

Bheeshmadronatataa jayadrathajalaa gaandhaaraneelotpalaa;
Shalyagraahavatee kripena vahanee karnena velaakulaa;
Ashwatthaama-vikarna-ghora-makaraa duryodhanaavartinee;
Sotteernaa khalu paandavai rananadee kaivartakah keshavah.

6. With Kesava as the helmsman, verily was crossed by the Pandavas the battle-river, whose banks were Bhishma and Drona, whose water was Jayadratha, whose blue lotus was the king of Gandhara, whose crocodile was Salya, whose current was Kripa, whose billow was Karna, whose terrible alligators were Vikarna and Asvatthama, whose whirlpool was Duryodhana.

Paaraasharya vachah sarojamamalam geetaarthagandhotkatam;
Naanaakhyaanakakesaram harikathaa sambodhanaabodhitam;
Loke sajjana shatpadairaharahah pepeeyamaanam mudaa;
Bhooyaadbhaaratapankajam kalimala pradhwamsinah shreyase.

7. May this lotus of the Mahabharata, born in the lake of the words of Vyasa, sweet with the fragrance of the meaning of the Gita, with many stories as its stamens, fully opened by the discourses of Hari, the destroyer of the sins of Kali, and drunk joyously by the bees of good men in the world, become day by day the bestower of good to us!

Mookam karoti vaachaalam pangum langhayate girim;
Yatkripaa tamaham vande paramaanandamaadhavam.

8. I salute that Madhava, the source of supreme bliss, whose Grace makes the dumb eloquent and the cripple cross mountains!

Yam brahmaa varunendrarudramarutah stunwanti divyaih stavaih,
Vedaih saangapadakramopanishadair gaayanti yam saamagaah,
Dhyaanaavasthitatadgatena manasaa pashyanti yam yogino,
Yasyaantam na viduh suraasuraganaa devaaya tasmai namah.

9. Salutations to that God whom Brahma, Indra, Varuna, Rudra and the Maruts praise with divine hymns, of whom the Sama-chanters sing by the Vedas and their Angas (in the Pada and Krama methods), and by the Upanishads; whom the Yogis see with their minds absorbed in Him through meditation, and whose ends the hosts of Devas and Asuras know not!

We normally add the last emphatic promise of Krishna to the end from 18:66

Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja, aham tvam sarva-papebhyo mokshayishyami ma sucah

Discarding all self-righteousness, surrender to Me and I will redeem you of the ego and grant moksha.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  08:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely beautiful Kami!

Filled me with bliss and bhakti

Love to you
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  6:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Parallax.

Much love.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2013 :  8:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What a beautiful angelic voice..
Such refined articulation, such purity... Lovely..

It’s playing on repeat mode here..

Thank you Kami..
Dhanyavaadaha Bharatvarsha...

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  08:05:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the kind words Omsat.

Much love.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2013 :  10:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very sweet, Sister Kami. Your devotion is God-intoxicating and quite melodious to listen to, drawing one into the sheer enrapturement of purest Bhakti. Truly, such musical prayer is nectar for the hungry soul!

Thank you so much for sharing your special gift and in so doing, gracefully revealing your own heart's song.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  07:55:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Govinda, for your gentle persuasion to do this. You inspire me on a daily basis, my dear brother.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  10:17:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another recording - 108 repetitions of the Mahamrutyunjaya Mantra, one of the most powerful healing mantras:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wci...ure=youtu.be

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very powerful!!!
Thanks Kami!

It is one of my favorite mantras. I had once attended a phone satsang with Nandhi and he had told us an experience he had with this mantra.
I will post an piece of it here:

http://nandhi.com/index.php/teachings/siva-sivaa
The story: Shortly after having received the mantra from his guru Bhairava Sekar Swamy, Nandhi and four others were trapped in a cave in Karnataka, South India, where killer bees descended on them. Thousands of them! Two of his friends managed to escape but were still stung atleast over 10 times. Nandhi, who was in shock, went into reciting this mantra and felt a cool blue energy cover him. He felt himself covered with bees and felt the bees go into his nostril, his ears, under his shirt- but not one stung him. His other friend was rolling in agony with bees repeatedly sting him. They were later rescued by the villagers.

Not one bee had stung Nandhi. Nandhi owes the protective energy of Lord Siva to the Maha Mrityunjaya (Moksha) mantra.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  5:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Delicious.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  07:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful beautiful! This is for the Gita Dhyanam recording.

There is another request coming through from me... Sorry and Thanks in advance

When you have the time will you please elaborate on this verse:
------------------------

Bheeshmadronatataa jayadrathajalaa gaandhaaraneelotpalaa;
Shalyagraahavatee kripena vahanee karnena velaakulaa;
Ashwatthaama-vikarna-ghora-makaraa duryodhanaavartinee;
Sotteernaa khalu paandavai rananadee kaivartakah keshavah.

6. With Kesava as the helmsman, verily was crossed by the Pandavas the battle-river, whose banks were Bhishma and Drona, whose water was Jayadratha, whose blue lotus was the king of Gandhara, whose crocodile was Salya, whose current was Kripa, whose billow was Karna, whose terrible alligators were Vikarna and Asvatthama, whose whirlpool was Duryodhana.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  10:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami,

I've enjoyed both recordings. You have a gift!
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  11:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just listened to the Mahamrutyunjay recording now. You have a really melodious voice. Really enjoyed it.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  12:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really enjoyed listening to these. I played them for my husband too: "Kami's singing! You have to hear it!"
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  6:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"There is nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one you need to become." --Ashly Sky (my wife's online yoga asana instructor's blessing for her students during savasana.")

Beloved Kami,

I played your beautiful mantra while relaxing with my wife Christmas eve. I asked her if she had any response. She shared the blessing above.

Namaste,

Edited by - bewell on Dec 24 2013 6:39:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  11:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  6:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kami. The voice in song displays your inner beauty. So very nice of you and brave to share with the world. With kind regards and awed respect. EK.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  4:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful voice by a beautiful soul. Very powerful.

PKJ.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  07:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear friends,

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and provide feedback. I am humbled beyond words to share my passion and great regard for mantra sadhana.

Thank you again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000