How do I love everyone like I love God?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  02:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all

Ayiram

88 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  05:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ayiram's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It´s God whom you love in others, not "the whole package" (read:impurities) that we all come in.
So, that´s easy.

Kidding, but yes, I believe, it will get easy and very natural one day as we manage to clean more and more of our impurities that block us from seeing.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Vimala

France
80 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  05:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When the love for God is strong enough, it will transform into a sort of universal love for everyone and everything, imho.

Therefore, it's enough to love God

Edited by - Vimala on Mar 06 2014 05:37:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  08:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I do not mean to disagree with your discussion with God, but "love" is often too provisional of a description. One may consciously "love" someone, but there is subconscious resistance or as Aryiram said, people try to love "parts" of people, rather than all.

The key to entering into God's sea of light is better described as "forgiveness". When you truly forgive yourself and everyone else, the door opens. It is also easier to see if there is resistance, because one will unconsciously react to past harms, issues and fears with harsh comments and actions.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  08:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So, from what I understand. I should work on myself more and that what is outside is a reflection of what is inside.

Thank you all
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  10:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think there's a difference between disliking and dis-loving. For instance, I can dislike, disagree with, and disapprove of someone who is greedily pursuing the accumulation of material wealth at the expense of lesser creatures, but that doesn't mean I can't still love that person. Because whatever aspect I dislike is just an extension or expression of Self. Therefore, there is no hardline separation between the perceived evil and the preferential good.

Also, I think the deeper love gets, the less preferential it is. At least in the sense of divine love, which is all-encompassing. Maybe we have "loved" ones like friends and family who are closer in proximity to our local being, but we don't have to be limited to that inner circle.

But, for me, I don't try to like everyone. But I do try to love them, which is most easily accomplished by letting go of the impulse to change them. Once my primary focus is shifted to my own self-mastery, and attraction to others who are on the same bandwidth, then there is less friction with the ones who I perceive to be opposing the global flow.

Great topic, and I agree with you 100% that the outside is a reflection of the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  11:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  11:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

Please forgive my presumption. But I have been having experiences that I feel echo with your same, inquisitive sentiment.

Years ago, I was friends with a beautiful Russian woman. One sunny afternoon, we sat by a fountain in a city park. She confessed her attraction to me, and we discussed the idea of Beauty. Walking back inside, she pointed to a cockroach on the pavement and said “If I didn’t know what it was, I would say it’s beautiful.”

I’ve had a lot of time to try to digest her moment of clear wisdom.

About a year ago, I let some Jehovah’s Witnesses into my mom’s house. I had never done so before. I would usually tell them I was atheist and coldly send them away. I had found a steely satisfaction in doing that.

I spoke with them, a married couple, and I related a biblical passage I had recently stumbled upon: “For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil” (Genesis 3:5). It turns out I was quoting Satan. I had been wondering why it says “good and evil” instead of “good from evil.” Whatever divine essence runs through us must illuminate both as ultimately One.

I asked these two how they felt about God’s being in us. The man clearly pointed out that they did not believe God to be “in them.” He reiterated that God is Word as the scripture. The woman, however, seemed more fascinated. I told them I had no need or desire to speak of beliefs. He asked me why that is the case. I gestured around me and said, “this.” He asked what “this” was. But the woman ventured a curious guess: “Life?” I nodded.

My mind is lauding itself by presenting these events as a track record.

Why are the adversary’s lies recounted in the Word of the Lord? There is some value in them as an expression. After all, as cunning as mind is, haven’t we deceived even ourselves? So too, as He lives in us as spirit, our spirit lives in Him and as Him. This is not a matter of logical implication or any sort of justification. It is a matter of living as expressions of His divine love. That is the miracle of true poetry all around us and within us!

My rhetoric is empty as hollow jars, smashed by dear Jeremiah at the gates.

Still, it cries out.

A Thank You

I told friends I have never met
That I love them.

So, now what? I’ll wait.
No—I’ll listen.

And I saw the face of a child,
Smiling, her eyes bright like gems.

The ones that are in all of us.
Thank you.

(left for grumpy a waitress)

God Speaks

God speaks to me.
His messages are clear.
I hear them in smiling
Laughter of children.

I speak to God.
Through my teeth.
For they exist
To shape my voice.

I see God,
The Beloved,
In my eyes,
And in yours.

(true story)

Thank you, everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  02:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Allah.. Beautiful I'd stick with the russian woman and the last poem you shared

Sidi, let's just say thank you Allah
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's an either you do or you don't situation. And sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. You do each time you think, speak and act in kindness towards someone automatically. Compassion is flowing. You don't whenever you judge, speak harsh words, act based on fear (selfishly /unkindly) towards someone.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  07:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God is in everyone and everything... But this doesn't mean we should say yes to God if he comes and say... Hey let's go rob a bank... As my master once told me: I know who you are but I won't take this.... So, no I disagree it's not a do or don't... Sorry SeySorciere

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  07:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would add to everyone's wise words to say that love can be like a muscle to be exercised. From my experience, loving-kindness meditation focused on our 'enemies', or at least the dis-loved, is effective. These kind of things for me developed into visualisations of my ex as a saint, and my ex's mother in unity with the universe/God as a manifestation of love. It is powerful stuff.

When I first started these exercises, they were just words which would be interrupted with thoughts of anger and resistance. Now I can honestly say that I love them, wish the best for them, and shine a light of love into the darkest corners of their (our) hearts.

Everyone/thing we do not love is a projection of the dark parts of our own hearts that we do not love. God, I believe, is the pure heart, illuminated unconditionally.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  09:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anima Deorum

I asked these two how they felt about God’s being in us. The man clearly pointed out that they did not believe God to be “in them.” He reiterated that God is Word as the scripture. The woman, however, seemed more fascinated. I told them I had no need or desire to speak of beliefs. He asked me why that is the case. I gestured around me and said, “this.” He asked what “this” was. But the woman ventured a curious guess: “Life?” I nodded.

Superb. Thank you for sharing this story, Anima.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

This question has been burning inside me... I asked God once, tell me how do I enter into your sea of light and He answered "Love". I said but I love. He replied, Love everyone and everything the way you love.

In theory, it is understood but in practice it's really hard. Would appreciate any insights on this matter. How to love everyone and everything like we love God?

Much love to all

Amanda,
There are different types of love.

Agape is a term we can use for supreme unconditional love. When you arrive at a feeling of agape for god, it will be unmistakable. Then that love will flow over into daily life. Its inevitable.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  12:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by compassion

I would add to everyone's wise words to say that love can be like a muscle to be exercised. From my experience, loving-kindness meditation focused on our 'enemies', or at least the dis-loved, is effective. These kind of things for me developed into visualisations of my ex as a saint, and my ex's mother in unity with the universe/God as a manifestation of love. It is powerful stuff.

When I first started these exercises, they were just words which would be interrupted with thoughts of anger and resistance. Now I can honestly say that I love them, wish the best for them, and shine a light of love into the darkest corners of their (our) hearts.

Everyone/thing we do not love is a projection of the dark parts of our own hearts that we do not love. God, I believe, is the pure heart, illuminated unconditionally.

beautifully said

yes, I've been told that if we pray to our enemies or to anyone else... a powerful light passes through us... it melts away our own darkness and that of others.... love love and forgiveness..
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  12:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:

Much love to all

Amanda,

Agape is a term we can use for supreme unconditional love. When you arrive at a feeling of agape for god, it will be unmistakable. Then that love will flow over into daily life. Its inevitable.

Amanda sounds like a lovely name... but if I was a girl and would be given the chance to choose... I'd go with the name suzane... for some reason I love this name...

sidi, I was just praying/meditating and the question I asked came to mind and an answer was given... as long as you think that there is a separate you... then there are others.

So maybe the question was wrong... best to ask now... how does this separate vision of me end?!

namaste

Edited by - Ananda on Mar 07 2014 12:47:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  5:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:

Much love to all

Amanda,

Amanda sounds like a lovely name... but if I was a girl and would be given the chance to choose... I'd go with the name suzane... for some reason I love this name...

sidi, I was just praying/meditating and the question I asked came to mind and an answer was given... as long as you think that there is a separate you... then there are others.

So maybe the question was wrong... best to ask now... how does this separate vision of me end?!

namaste

Sorry Ananda, autocorrect. Inevitable here in daily life

Separateness ends when you realize you're not separate. It is misidentification with phenomenal things that creates a sense of separateness.

For some, union happens in a moment, for others it takes lifetimes. Either way, practice and surrender to grace are the path there.

BTW, there is no voice in meditation outside of yourself. Who do you think is talking? Who is listening?

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  9:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is absolutely no way to love others like I love God until I realize my true nature to BE God. In seeing who I am, I also see that everyone is ALSO God in their true nature - One. In this realization does true love arise.

What is love, anyway? Not a sentiment, not an action, not a thought, not admiration, worship, adoration.. All of those are only pointers to what it is and in the ultimate sense, only concepts.

Love is seeing that you and I are ONE. Not that I love you, because that is merely one concept (of me) loving another concept (of you). But when I see directly, deeply, experientially that we are one (not a belief, or yet another concept but direct knowing), all concepts dissolve. It is only love that can withstand torture and yet say, forgive them Father they do not know what they do. Because "they" truly didn't know. They thought they were separate. And in separateness, there is no love. At least this knowledge of love.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  01:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

BTW, there is no voice in meditation outside of yourself. Who do you think is talking? Who is listening?

That beautiful illusion of me as they say and Allah.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  01:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful dear kami Thank you

In full honesty when I write posts like the last reply to tnt It sounds to me like I am crazy. Sometimes, I write... the author is mind... but what I really think as true... is the above... so I seem crazy I guess which is perfectly reasonable to me

Much love to all

Edited by - Ananda on Mar 08 2014 02:40:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  07:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't achieved this, but i have read that the flaws we see in others are actually inside ourselves.
Although I can't completely embrace that concept either, I feel that it is true, so it helps nudge me in the right direction.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2014 :  11:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

That beautiful illusion of me as they say and Allah.

We are "children" (or subsets) of the All that is of Allah/God. Praying and "listening" in silence to Allah is always a good thing. With true and full body listening, the "wisdom" of Allah flows.

Such wisdom is a blessing to all.
Go to Top of Page

Truth_IS

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  09:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Truth_IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest Ananda / Love-Bliss,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful enquiry with us, and thank you to everyone that shared their own personal insights and pointers. They're all music to the ears and food for the heart.

I find prayer the simplest and most effective way to anchor myself in that space of Universal (Unconditioned) Love. The prayer (life mantra) I constantly recite is simply: "Thank You. I Love You."

Edited by - Truth_IS on Mar 09 2014 11:37:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  7:00:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful

Thank you, I love you
Go to Top of Page

Truth_IS

Australia
7 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  11:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Truth_IS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And so it is!

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  02:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Much love to all

Dear Ananda - I think you misunderstood me. I thought you were asking for a practical way to love others as you love God - not just lofty ideas. Practically, we have to act. We act in kindness, with love. Then we are loving everyone like we love God. We have to act towards a person as if the person is God. And I'm saying, sometimes we succeed in doing that and sometimes we don't.

Sey

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000