Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Yet another Kechari Mudra thread...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2014 :  12:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I feel like I'm SOOO close to phase 4 of the Kechari mudra, but would like to get some feedback from the more experienced among you to help me in making adjustments as I feel I'm not clear as to the final step.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to, without having done any snipping, reach behind the fleshy membrane that divides the soft palate from the nasal cavity below the septum and even to partly block one of my nasal passages. However, I don't feel I'm doing it correctly as I'm still able to breathe through my nose when blocking one nasal passage with my tongue and the alternate one with my fingers. I believe I'm in in the right vicinity as I can clearly feel the rigid membrane that makes up the septum and the two cavities to either side of that, (the nasal cavity and eustachian tube - image attached.) I've been closing off the nasal passage and not the eustachian tube with my tongue as I don't *quite* have the reach to close off the latter.

Is this incorrect? Do I need to close off both? Am I wrong in my assumption that I shouldn't be able to continue breathing if blocking off both nostrils, one via proper Kechari, the other via digital Kechari (if that's even a term)?

Thank you in all advance for helping to clear up my confusion.

Warm regards,

Greg

Chakburthi

Germany
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  1:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice progress! You seem to be at the end of stage three. The entry of the two nasal passages is just the beginning of the next stage. Now the tounge has to make a 90 degree turn clockwise to enter the left nasal passage of counterclockwise to enter into the right one. Once you are entering there, you will only be able to breath through one nostril (if your tounge is within the left passage, you'll breath through the right nostril). It's still a rather long way up untill the end of the nasal passage. You'll notice approaching this point when breathing will become impossible through both nostrils. It took me three years from the entry untill I reached this point. After rapid progress in the beginning, further advancement may become rather slow. It also seems to become a function of your overall spiritual progress. Really mysterious how this works - not so much a physical exercise anymore but a reflection or result of your overall purification and accumulation of inner stillness and extasy (kundalini). I have decided to enjoy the entire route rather than pushing to the end, which is reaching the third eye from within. It'll come when the time is right...

Edited by - Chakburthi on Feb 20 2014 1:44:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2014 :  3:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, I see. That's very helpful, thank you.

So, if I understand you correctly, it's not an improperly applied method on my part, just a matter of degree, yes? I am eager to be able to do this properly and completely, but until that time I'll continue with the digital manipulation.

Naturally, I understand that such things are not to be rushed, but if I were intent on accelerating my spiritual progression (and, believe me, the irony does not go unnoticed here) so that I could perform this mudra at stage 4 and derive the spiritual and energetic benefits it confers, what supplemental exercises would you recommend?

Currently, I am performing 7 cycles of alternate nasal breathing 3x/day. I'm also doing two different types of meditation, one focusing on soul realization, the other on the heart & crown chakras. I alternate between these two meditations daily. Lastly, but perhaps of most significance, is my recent abstinence from sex. As a result of that measure alone, my energy has gone up tremendously. However, it feels somewhat unstable... as though there might be some negative repercussions if not channeled properly. This is new to me and is somewhat of an experiment (the abstinence, that is), so I'm unsure here. I'm just going on instinct, more or less.

My objective is to cleanse the channels which would allow the safe uncoiling of my kundalini and to more fully and distinctly connect with my body's energetic pathways.

Any further advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2014 :  12:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear GregM
There is a lot of information on this site - may I suggest you read the threads in both the Kundalini Issues Not related to the AYP system,

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=57

and Kundalini - AYP Practice related

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=22

Sey
Go to Top of Page

saan majumder

India
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2014 :  10:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namah shivai, everyone , first of all i am very much thankful to you all for making such a good explanation of this mudra , i am practicing this mudra from 9 month and now when my tongue goes up , i touch with something where if i put my tongue i cannot breath, i want to know weather i am going right or in the wrong way and also want to know weather i am in stage 2 or 3, please reply friends.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000