New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  7:53:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

The word "grace" is a beautiful word and invokes a feeling of mystery when spoken of like that.
My guess is that it could be replaced with "when the person is ripe", what do you think.
I think the Buddha said wisdom is more important than light and this makes sense to me, so whilst I do perceive the light, (to what extent I don't know), my work with people as a response of compassion is more important to me than light.

Yes.

Thank you all for the light and love you bring to this space.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  5:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Kami, it's nice to be appreciated and to let it soak in, I offer the same appreciation to your presence here, it is felt as very solid and loving

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  7:22:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is interesting, Jeff, but I also find it confusing.

The way of the heart is incomparable yet paralleled in every way. The higher beings help light our way. Let's celebrate our path!

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  2:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff good answer I have experienced this during Kriya initiation and also noticed that the Swamis that perform this seem to have something of a groupie effect in that people tend to follow wherever they go to initiate and run retreats and events I noticed it immediately and thought to myself this is not unlike a junkie getting a fix from a pusher.

In fact this seems to be the basis for the more codependent followers I have observed and when around the dependents the best way I can put it is a feeling of sick revulsion.

Shaktipat in initiation to get the ball rolling is one thing and as you have stated temporary as the one initiated should then apply there own effort to practice and keep it going. Some seem to miss this and follow around making financial donations to get there battery charged.

The real question here is are they getting charged or depleted in such a way that they are constantly the ones giving I have a sneaking suspision this is indeed the case and there is an unhealthy host parasite thing going on here on many levels energetic, as well as physical and financial.

Your thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

quote:
Originally posted by kami

Hi Jeff,

How is this different than shaktipat?

Thanks.

Hi Kami,

Shaktipat is a transmission that has different meanings (and effects) depending on the relative "clarity" of the person giving it.In true Shaktipat, the person shares a bubble of their being/awareness at the deepest (or highest) layer of consciousness that they are capable of. This causes sort of a temporary "hole" in ones obstructions/ego issues. With the hole one often notices energies that were beyond there current consciousness depth. If one surrenders/accepts, it can sort of start an unraveling process as the person now knows there is something beyond to normal mind state. Shakipat works best if one surrenders to the guru, which creates an ongoing energetic unraveling effect. More often, the hole is temporary (or the change minimal) as the person goes back to normal fear/issue patterns.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  3:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Experientialknowing

Hi Jeff good answer I have experienced this during Kriya initiation and also noticed that the Swamis that perform this seem to have something of a groupie effect in that people tend to follow wherever they go to initiate and run retreats and events I noticed it immediately and thought to myself this is not unlike a junkie getting a fix from a pusher.

In fact this seems to be the basis for the more codependent followers I have observed and when around the dependents the best way I can put it is a feeling of sick revulsion.

Shaktipat in initiation to get the ball rolling is one thing and as you have stated temporary as the one initiated should then apply there own effort to practice and keep it going. Some seem to miss this and follow around making financial donations to get there battery charged.

The real question here is are they getting charged or depleted in such a way that they are constantly the ones giving I have a sneaking suspision this is indeed the case and there is an unhealthy host parasite thing going on here on many levels energetic, as well as physical and financial.

Your thoughts?

Hi EK,

I would definitely say that it is possible with human guru types. The Bible uses the term "false prophet". If a person (or being ) is looking for payment, one would naturally wonder...
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  4:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Your thoughts?

quote:

quote:

Hi Jeff,

How is this different than shaktipat?

Thanks.

Hi Kami,

Shaktipat is a transmission that has different meanings (and effects) depending on the relative "clarity" of the person giving it.In true Shaktipat, the person shares a bubble of their being/awareness at the deepest (or highest) layer of consciousness that they are capable of. This causes sort of a temporary "hole" in ones obstructions/ego issues. With the hole one often notices energies that were beyond there current consciousness depth. If one surrenders/accepts, it can sort of start an unraveling process as the person now knows there is something beyond to normal mind state. Shakipat works best if one surrenders to the guru, which creates an ongoing energetic unraveling effect. More often, the hole is temporary (or the change minimal) as the person goes back to normal fear/issue patterns.

Hello Experientialknowing,

Although your question is directed to Jeff, thought I'd share my thoughts, since what you quote is a conversation I was involved in..

For years, I too had many judgments about such "host-parasite" relationships. Until I found that it is not for me to judge. Because I really don't know if those "groupies" are going for their "fixes" or not. That type of set-up (organizations, guru worship, etc) does not appeal to me, i.e., my specific matrix that makes up "kami". That does not mean it is wrong for everyone. Who are you and I and Jeff to judge? Wherever we might find ourselves on the spiritual path, it is purely by Grace, and exactly where we need to be.. Perhaps even as "groupies". We attract teachers at our level of spiritual progress, not the other way around. Not to say that those that do "light transmissions" are not totally ego-driven (just because they don't charge a fee for it). Plenty of pitfalls both ways.

As I said in a previous post, a true master is one that exudes light to all (aka divine outpouring love), free for all to "take", because they are not bound to the egoic issue of "me transmitting to you" type of nonsense. They have "become" the light; and that is what a source of light does - give freely to all without distinction.. Like the sun that shines on flowers and weeds alike.

Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  8:06:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your thoughts Kami. I like what you have said. Very soothing, very nice.

The feelings of sick revulsion is on an intuitive level. I have learned to pay close attention to that. Rarely are the warnings of this nature incorrect.

I think what you have stated about a true Master is correct however there are many that are capable of performing transmissions like Shaktipat that are not. Here is where discrimination and judgement had best be employed.

One who is not a true master can cause trouble for themselves and others by sharing what amounts to flaws and their own misconceptions of reality via a transmission.

On a higher level everything is already complete of course and these considerations are all nothing anyway, but for those working their way through caution should be undertaken in these matters.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  8:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion is that anyone seeking shaktipat-type transmissions is most likely lacking in intimacy in their personal relationships. Being single right now, I often crave the ecstatic vibrations of people (not just women, mind you) that are ecstatically awake and radiant. This is totally natural and understandable, but if I had a partner that I could be truly intimate with, and go over the edge with (I'm talking about breaking through into higher dimensions, not just some fuzzy affection or familiar warmth, but REAL transcendence), I'd probably be whistling a different tune. That's why tantra is a significant chunk of AYP, I think, because Yogani has obviously used sex as a tool for transcendence. And he has a partner that's capable, willing, and spiritually mature enough to make the journey with him.

However, it takes two to tango, so if a bhakti-crazed aspirant is either single, or with a partner that is spiritually dormant and not on fire for the Spirit, the aspirant would naturally seek another human (or mythological) source.

As idealistic and beautifully abstract much of the non-duality talk of finding God everywhere is, the reality is that union (which is the goal of yoga) is so perfectly embodied when two human beings are joined. The sex act is the full flowering of union: from potentiality to actuality. Then, a baby gets made, sometimes. Certainly, there are wonderful examples of celibate yogis and saints, but for the vast majority, a partner will be sought. Sex is not necessary, but it clearly helps. Why would Yogani devote an entire section to tantra if that weren't the case?

Until the satisfaction and fulfillment of joining two ecstatically awake individuals is achieved, I believe that seekers like me will get by with drawing in divine love from everywhere, but the deep-seeded desire to merge with another ravenous soul will not dwindle until that occurs.

Life is about fulfilling desires, not denying them. It is desire that drives the path, and until our desires are satiated, we will just be kidding ourselves with intellectual rationalizations and sophisticated repression-mechanisms that deny the seed desire for union, not only with God, Nature, and the Spirit, but with another unique, individual, cosmic being.

All emotion is the power of love, so even the most heinous and depraved acts of humanity have been attempts of love to break through into the material plane. We didn't come to Earth just to prove we could escape Earth; we came to bring Heaven down to Earth. We're here to make Earth a paradise. It already is, to some extent, but we can do a hell of a lot better. That's evolution; that's reality.

Good luck to everyone who's seeking transmissions. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  10:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
John 7:37-38
37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

John 5:53-58
 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

(Eating and drinking is what I have called light transmission, also sometimes called communion)
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  11:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

However, it takes two to tango, so if a bhakti-crazed aspirant is either single, or with a partner that is spiritually dormant and not on fire for the Spirit, the aspirant would naturally seek another human (or mythological) source.

As idealistic and beautifully abstract much of the non-duality talk of finding God everywhere is, the reality is that union (which is the goal of yoga) is so perfectly embodied when two human beings are joined. The sex act is the full flowering of union: from potentiality to actuality. Then, a baby gets made, sometimes. Certainly, there are wonderful examples of celibate yogis and saints, but for the vast majority, a partner will be sought. Sex is not necessary, but it clearly helps. Why would Yogani devote an entire section to tantra if that weren't the case?

Until the satisfaction and fulfillment of joining two ecstatically awake individuals is achieved, I believe that seekers like me will get by with drawing in divine love from everywhere, but the deep-seeded desire to merge with another ravenous soul will not dwindle until that occurs.

Hi Bodhi,

Thank you for your thought provoking comments. What you are describing is a component of all primordial paths like gnostic Christianity and Dzogchen/Buddhism. But, it is seen as a precursor or intermediate stage before what I am calling where one realizes light transmissions. In Buddhism, what you are describing is part of the "completion stage" practices and in gnostic Christianity it is called "entering the Bridal suite".

One has realized beyond the local body-mind, but still perceives the world from a dualistic perspective with dualistic "longing" or desire for love/companionship from a separate being. A few quotes from the Gospel of Thomas touch on the stage...

87. Jesus said, "How miserable is the body that depends on a body, and how miserable is the soul that depends on these two."

Finding the "divine aspect"...

48. Jesus said, "If two make peace with each other in a single house, they will say to the mountain, 'Move from here!' and it will move."

75. Jesus said, "There are many standing at the door, but those who are alone will enter the bridal suite."

Regarding the bridal chamber (or light transmission)...

17. Jesus said, "I will give you what no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, what no hand has touched, what has not arisen in the human heart."

(If anyone is interested in the Buddhist version of the stages and practices, I would recommend "The Six Yoga's or Naropa")
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  12:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The feelings of sick revulsion is on an intuitive level. I have learned to pay close attention to that. Rarely are the warnings of this nature incorrect.

I think what you have stated about a true Master is correct however there are many that are capable of performing transmissions like Shaktipat that are not. Here is where discrimination and judgement had best be employed.

One who is not a true master can cause trouble for themselves and others by sharing what amounts to flaws and their own misconceptions of reality via a transmission.

On a higher level everything is already complete of course and these considerations are all nothing anyway, but for those working their way through caution should be undertaken in these matters.

Hi Experientialknowing,

Yes, I can fully relate to the intuitive sense. And it has worked for me as long as I can remember - if I listen to it.

However, what may seem intuitively "wrong" to me may be totally right for another. If it seems to me that someone else should be doing something I think is right, it is a sure sign that more inquiry is needed on my part.

Regarding charging a fee for shaktipat - I do not think that a fee should have one questioning whether somebody is a true master or a false prophet (actually I'm not even sure how anyone of us here is even remotely qualified to call someone a false prophet). There is a very important concept called "Guru dakshina". It is still in vogue where, in exchange for a teaching or blessing (aka, transmission), one is asked to donate something. The significance behind that is to actually avoid the "host-parasite" relationship you describe. Money is energy, and the guru and disciple are simply exchanging energy (in different forms) to avoid any karmic debts.

Even teachers and masters have to make a living. So I don't judge by whether they charge a sum or not. Are there people that make a very "substantial" living thus? Sure. Spirituality is an easy scam. But then again, depending on our own level of development, we are attracted to "false prophets" or "true masters".

I have had shaktipats from many teachers, including some Advaita teachers that don't advocate or even discuss shaktipat/transmission, where it just happened spontaneously. In retrospect, some may have been "false prophets". Yet, I cannot think of any of them without the deepest gratitude - each of them gave me exactly what I needed at those points in my path after which I moved on. Thus, at those particular points, they were all "true masters". It seems that the more I trust the Universe and surrender to it, the less I (with my limited faculties) have to "discriminate".

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have had shaktipats from many teachers, including some Advaita teachers that don't advocate or even discuss shaktipat/transmission, where it just happened spontaneously. In retrospect, some may have been "false prophets". Yet, I cannot think of any of them without the deepest gratitude - each of them gave me exactly what I needed at those points in my path after which I moved on. Thus, at those particular points, they were all "true masters". It seems that the more I trust the Universe and surrender to it, the less I (with my limited faculties) have to "discriminate".

Hi Kami,

Why so many shaktipats from different teachers? Is not part of the shaktipat process surrendering to a guru or aligning with a lineage?

Thanks,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  2:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good Day Folks,

I have held off from adding my 2,000 cents worth, as I was unsure if I had anything valid to contribute. I really still don't know if anything I write down is worthwhile or helpful in this discussion... but here goes.

In my own sadhana, energy transmissions have played a vital role in my growth as a seeker and sadhaka. Whether we term it "Shaktipad" or "Light transmission", it's essentially the same inter-relational phenomenon. The fundamental aspect is one of subtle energy transmissions moving from one individual's auric body into another's. Whether this occurs on the physical plane, in the dream sphere, on astral planes or causal planes... it's kind of irrelevant. What is key is the effect! And I do agree, all subject-object interactions are energy transmissions, of one frequency or another. Divine Light comes in many guises, as does Love and the Sound Current.

As many of you good people already know, I initially entered this forum with my experience of Shaktipad, gifted by the lovely soul, Sri Sant Keshavadas. His spiritual energy was them most intense and loving I have ever encountered in the 3-dimmensioal realm. He asked for nothing and was so beautiful, I have aspired to be more like him since that moment. But it was clear to me, even then, that I needed to cultivate the devotion and degree of focus on my own. 34 years later... I no longer look outside of myself for Shaktipad, for it resides within me 24/7, day and night, throughout the passage of time. It's really a case of allowing myself to allow myself to receive the transmission, directly from the Divine source, itself.

I feel that what is of vital importance is if the energy (be it light or mind-stuff) take root and become a precursor to transformation, crystallization and integration. Much as adding a drop of yogurt culture to milk, the aim is ideally, to create yogurt due to the transmission of the active culture. So, receptivity and the capacity to actualize change and lasting growth is of primary importance with any form of transmission (light or dark, mental or supra-mental bands of energy).

Unfortunately, there are many cults of personality worship in the vast array of Yogic communities and this is quite ironic, as the Yogic teaching is all about the realization for the indwelling Self. And I fully agree with Experientialknowing, the reason for a Shaktipad transmission is NOT to become addicted to the high conferred by the Sat Guru. The Grace is given so that we might mirror the spiritual light in our own dreamscapes and individual, personal lives.

These days I receive my light transmissions from my attunement to Brahman/God/Allah, directly. You might say my Higher Self acts as intermediary and bestower. Although, my beloved Gurudeva, Sri Babaji Maharaj, is ever willing to shower Grace upon me (despite my not being worthy of his kindness), when I am open to the flow of Amrita and ALLOW myself to be conscious enough to embrace his Darshan.

But I honestly feel that every experience along the way, is equally important and multiples of lessons abound in everything we encounter. Brahman is the All-in-All, after all, so where do we go to attune to God's presence? Right here and now, we are each of us bathed in the Light. The transmission occurs we we open the blinds and allow the light to fill the room of our unique mortal paradigms. Let your love lights shine!!!

Blessings upon you all, dear friends.

Edited by - Govinda on Nov 15 2013 3:49:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  3:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you're getting teed up to enter the "Sanyassa" stage of life, jeff. Seems like you and kami are on parallel paths in that sense--perhaps craving more solitude since there is no longer a need for "another" soul, body, etc. I guess that comes with the "completion" stage. I'm still just a wee lad, a rambunctious youngster who hasn't even started a family, so I'm far off from said completion stage.

I can only hope and aspire to reach a stage where I no longer need companionship or desire the company of a dualistic soul. But for now, I'm just as dualistic as can be and yearning for that union, with God and with other people. It's quite miserable--that longing. Fortunately, I have found some sustenance in both human and transcendental form.

As the Beatles sung: "I get by with a little help from my friends. I get high with a little help from my friends. I'm gonna try with a little help, with a little help...from...my...friends..."
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  4:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Hi Kami,

Why so many shaktipats from different teachers? Is not part of the shaktipat process surrendering to a guru or aligning with a lineage?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

As I said, most were "spontaneous". For example, while watching a video of a guru, there was spontaneous transmission, with total suspension of mind activity. There was sudden intuitive "knowing".

As I have said earlier, surrender is not particularly necessary with a powerful guru (as above - mere curiosity on my part). Also, I don't subscribe to surrendering to "one" particular lineage.. Seems to make one dogmatic in a "us vs. them" sort of way.

Best regards,
kami
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  8:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sounds like you're getting teed up to enter the "Sanyassa" stage of life, jeff. Seems like you and kami are on parallel paths in that sense--perhaps craving more solitude since there is no longer a need for "another" soul, body, etc. I guess that comes with the "completion" stage. I'm still just a wee lad, a rambunctious youngster who hasn't even started a family, so I'm far off from said completion stage.

I can only hope and aspire to reach a stage where I no longer need companionship or desire the company of a dualistic soul. But for now, I'm just as dualistic as can be and yearning for that union, with God and with other people. It's quite miserable--that longing. Fortunately, I have found some sustenance in both human and transcendental form.

As the Beatles sung: "I get by with a little help from my friends. I get high with a little help from my friends. I'm gonna try with a little help, with a little help...from...my...friends..."

Hi Bodhi,

First comments about "master level" and now shipping me off with "sanyassa"...

I was just trying to string your statements into the context of this Christian mysticism thread. From what little I understand about it, I am not a sanyassa kind of guy. I am much more like a little boy who likes to play outside (with friends). But, even as I play, there is deep and abiding love and respect for the Divine.

Best,
Jeff

(p.s. Especially the feminine divine)
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  9:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes: friendship--this is something I am beginning to learn about! A beautiful quote... Thank you, Bodhi.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  9:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Whoa whoa!!

My dear dear Bodhi: not sure where this came from.

You bring up very good points about desire; most certainly worth discussing.. Perhaps as another topic (so we don't usurp Jeff's topic)? We can also discuss what sanyasa means. As intriguing and beautiful as your post on desires is, I'm not sure it pertains to this topic of transmission (far more likely that I'm too blind to see the context as you do, so forgive me).

Much love to you.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  10:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's completely and totally relevant. A little self-inquiry and contemplation will reveal its relevance. Or not. It's not a big deal. It's just a hint, a shimmer from a reflection, a ripple in a pond. Like all posts in these forums, there are multiple layers of content and context. A strict and rigid literal interpretation has always brought a great deal of suffering for me. About the only thing I digest literally is food, or more concrete instructions, like "easily favor the repetition of the mantra" or "pick up a sutra and gently release it into serenity". The rest is just verbal dancing, with varying degrees of energy and force beneath it. Hopefully, there is love coming through, and that love can unite, if it's real. If it's not, I discard it and let it dissolve.

Also, I don't think Jeff has any fear or worry about anyone usurping the topic. Jeff, I feel, is like me, which means he goes with the flow and adapts to the environment as the truth continues to bubble up and manifest in these vigorous and lively discussions. In fact, I would venture to say that these posts are "transmissions" flowing between the global AYP community as we seek to resolve and fulfill our karmic trajectories.

No defense. No attack. Just a vibrant flow of radiant minds exchanging experiences and ideas for the sake of spiritual progress.

Man, I should write a book and start my own website. I'll call it: "Spiritual Musings from a Verbally Gifted but Highly Immature Fraud".

Kidding.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  12:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bodhi.

All the best on your path.

Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It's just a hint, a shimmer from a reflection, a ripple in a pond.

Well said and quite poetic, at that! I so like the idea that we are all shimmering reflections, wiggly ripples in a pond, wisps of perfume fading into eternal scentlessness... as the breeze carries away all hint of any presence of our boldly scented selves. Such is the nature and the dynamism of the Supreme Dance and the ineffable Lila of the Divine.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Govinda. Thank you. We needed that.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2014 :  11:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A quote from another forum that I thought fit the thread...

"There is also the awareness of the Holy Sefirot, and their everflow, shefa, as a River of Light that pours through Christ, and through us, the Christed Community, into this world and all worlds. When we turn to the Holy One, and call upon the Name of God, and invoke, so there is a great flow, or force, of blessings and bounty for all to receive, and souls may be called, and gathered in, to the Path of Return. Our capacity to be a channel-way of this River of Light, though, requires that we go within and live within, cleaving to the Risen Christ, and that we abide, open to the Holy Light and Spirit of the Infinite One from above."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000