Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Swami Nityananda Giri book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  03:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just started reading this book The Science of Life Force. and i think a lot of Kriya yogis would find it interesting and inspirational.
I emailed Swami Nityananda a question and got a reply within half an hour.
I like his vibe very much.
Chris

Edited by - snake on Nov 05 2013 03:56:02 AM

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a link for the book "The Science Of Life Force"?

Where can one obtain the reading?
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  11:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amazon carries it Indigo:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/8121512506...56USQFNTRHYQ
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  12:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BillinL. A.!

I did go and google this swami's name and discovered there is a website.
http://www.nityanandagirikriyayoga.com
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  3:52:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I forgot the link
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2013 :  6:54:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's okay, "snake" everyone forgets things. From the Amazon description / overview of the book it sounds like a good read. Please do keep us posted on your findings of this book.

Edited by - Indigo on Nov 10 2013 2:13:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  2:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indigo,having read some more it goes into great detail about the whole path,if you like an in-depth look at the path with a lot of sanskrit terms explained
and all the functions of the brain nervous system as they relate to Kriya etc then like me you will find it really good.
I've now contacted Swami Ji about 4 times and each time he has replied within 24 hours with most satisfactory answers
I really like him and when I read the book i feel his passion for the truth.
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  6:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update on the book. Chris.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  1:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I received the book a few days ago and just got around to reading it this morning.

The Hardback binding and quality of the book itself is very good.

I have a very positive report.

Unlike some current would be authors on the subject whose publication amounts to plagiarism, and a large amount of made up none-sense I am very pleased to report that this is most certainly an original work and does indeed instruct in a very honest manner as well as review method and technique correctly.

I have skipped ahead to the actual technique of Kriya to discover first if this person knows of that which they write prior to reading this lengthy book. I am pleased to say this person knows of that which they write and the rest of the book will be studied with deep attention.

There is a description of a technique that is not correctly illustrated in words by the swami or so it would appear by what he writes. in the section of Kechari / Talavia.

The Swami correctly shares talavia of the rolled back tongue and pokes some fun at the practice of making noise of a frog plopping into water which I enjoyed reading how children in India make such noises.

I agree the noise is not needed but I think whomever informed him of the method failed to do so correctly as he does not make mention of creating a suction on the roof of the mouth and stretching the tongues tendon as the jaw is lowered. So I think in this case he was not taught the technique but was misinformed.

He writes milking the tongue is not needed either, couldn't agree more, never did like that practice.

This is very minor the Swami states everything else more than correctly and with deep personal & scholarly insight and just to show he has achieved Kechari he has included a picture of himself performing it.

I wish I could say with certainty if he is correct on this point or not but Natural Kechari came to me from the practice of Talavia of the rolled back tongue in conjunction with suction applied to the roof of the mouth and lowering the jaw 50 times releasing at the full stretch prior to each practice of Kriya and rolled back during until above the soft-pallet occured.

When I think of it I am leaning towards agreeing with him and think the Stretch was not needed as it was the tongues desire via being rolled back and the practice of Kriya that till this day enervates the tongue to do so. Still it took some conditioning of the tendon and floor of the mouth over time to become truly comfortable.

Ah well a point that makes no difference now.

There is much, much more to read but already I have gained insights into certain things and positive reinforcement of my own ideas in others that I guessed were true and the confirmation is nice to have.

The Swami approaches the topics with good humor and with simple insightful answers blended in a masterful way demonstrating deep experiential knowing along with scholarly educated explanation where so deserving and is ready to put myths to bed swiftly in a gentle but firm manner.

This is greatly appreciated, Experiential Knowing is the best to have but backfilling after the fact with the wisdom of a Master makes it complete.

Yes I wrote a Master. The feeling is this is true.

Reading this book will shed light on the scriptures of India which is not separable from Kriya. It is always said that you can stay in whatever religion you are of, no need to change and this is true but the very practice of Kriya is to fulfill the scriptures of India, which as I am coming to understand are nothing less than reality itself.

For a Kriyaban this book is indeed a gift and one worth reading, the education this Swami gives to the insights already experienced via Kriya Sadhana are priceless.

Snake thank you for bringing this book to my attention on this forum unlike so many other books this one delivers on the promise.

My deepest respect to you Swami Nityananda Giri. You kind sir have fulfilled the promise of your book and given a wonderful, precious gift to the world.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  5:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ex
So happy you like the book and I like your excellent review.
By the way if you have any questions especially as you were mentioning about Khechari feel free to right to SwamiJI as he replies within the day.
namaste
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  2:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Snake and EK,

What are some of the myths that Swami Nityananda puts to rest? Does he write how to actually practice the techniques like J. C. Steven's book or the book is not as detailed about the individual methods and how to do them. (like practice manual)
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  4:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Indigo,
Thanks for your email,I've replied .
You know the jack Stevens book goes into detail but for me misses the feel of the holy which I get from Swami Ji's book and he does go into detail about the techniques!you won't be disappointed!it's inspiring and makes one want to practice!something the Stevens book didn't.
Peace
Chris
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  5:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to add that reading Swamiji's book has the feel of the timeless not a modernised version,
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  9:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Received the book today of Kriya Yoga, Science Of Life Force. I have browsed through the different sections. The chapter called The Body Principle, is wonderful. Started reading it today.
The illustrations on the sections of the brain, spinal cord, nervous system, nadis and chakra locations are very good.
Thanks again snake and EK for recommending this book. It is excellent!

A wealth of information and Knowledge has been shared by Swami Nityananda Giri and the feel of the sacred and all that is Divine pervades.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  06:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I received it yesterday. I don't like the fact that he is a wandering monk since June 2008, and that monasteries are his main abode. Lahiri Mahasaya was against this and against wearing safron robes.

Edited by - Will Power on Dec 01 2013 06:55:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  8:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Careful investigation will show all we're welcome not just householders. There were instances such as those that the lineage your initiation person reportedly traces his lineage to was told to give up his vows and take a wife. This does not mean monks were not taught by Lahiri Mahasaya. In fact we should all be grateful to the monks. The householders have done very little to spread knowledge of Kriya.

quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

I received it yesterday. I don't like the fact that he is a wandering monk since June 2008, and that monasteries are his main abode. Lahiri Mahasaya was against this and against wearing safron robes.

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  7:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have read the book aswell.

The theory part is REALLY good. But after reading of his own experience reports from 2002-2003 I'm not sure if much of what he has written comes from his own realization. It is possible through living with very good masters to collect all information and give a precise theoretical part. It looks like he is an advanced practitioner with enouh insights to produce such a very good book on kriya yoga.

Coming to the techniques, what can I say, they are again SOMETHING :D Now we do have 8 different kriya yogas around :P

Ashok/Hans, Yogeshwarananda, KYI, Gurunath, Yogananda, Swami Nityananda, Ennio, JC Stevens. I'm sure there are even more ^^

It is also interesting to see, that he mentions alterations of the kriya, especially those made by Hari without giving his name, but it is clear when you know the techniques :P As it seems kriya yoga is more and more getting a mixed thing. In the end as long as it works, it is fine.

Peace and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  3:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Theory Part:

It is impossible to say what is from his own experience and what is not, one thing is for certain the way the material is presented is second to none.

Coming to the techniques: Please join me in another thread where the content is more appropriate. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=7

There are not many versions of Kriya only two divisions with further additions or subtractions.

If a person is initiated in KYI or by any other Acharya of Hariharananda they will understand and be able to implement the practices of this unique book.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2014 :  7:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EK,

I agree with you :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000