Enlightenment Milestones
 1 Year and 1 Month of AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  09:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing AYP for 1 year and 1 month. Just wanted to share my progress so far. My practice is very basic- 5 minutes SB, 15 DM and Samyama. I also listen to online satsangs, chant mantras and listen to kirtans in my free time. I’ve had to experiment between twice a day and once a day DM. Once a day is working perfectly for me as of right now. I haven’t experienced many scenery in my meditation and not much of energetic activity either. What has changed is my day to day life and that’s what pulls me to DM every day.

Before AYP- I was always anxious, fearful and judging myself constantly. Now I’m more relaxed. I'm in a constant state majority of the day, not affected by things going around me. This is the total opposite of how things used to be, I feel content with what is. Don't really have any plans, don't expect people to change, not hoping to be somewhere else or be someone else, not waiting for what tomorrow may bring, not waiting for a promotion/to be recognized, not wanting for things to be different. Not sure what this state. Whatever it is, feels great

I’m not saying that everything is perfect. I still have my fears and doubts. But they don’t have a strong hold on me. Practicing Samyama on these issues always works. Things may change tomorrow and my mind may start to become noisy again. As I practice, more hidden issues may come up.

Apart from all of these, AYP has made me a patient and loving mother. I’m pregnant with my second and have a toddler. My first pregnancy was tough as I was going through an initial k awakening. Most of the days I don’t feel pregnant- I’m in a state of well being taking care of my family and working full time. Yes and people have noticed a change and always ask what changed. I just let them know that I have been meditating and that’s the only thing that has changed in my life.

Thank You for listening to my ramblings. I’m not bragging but just pouring my heart out. Please feel free to correct me, give me your opinions. I’m really not sure where I stand in the stages of progress.

Last but not the least, my sincere thanks to Yogani, Kami, Shanti, Bodhi, Aum, Christ, Maheswari, Holy, Mr Anderson and the rest of the community who have helped me through their writings and support.

Love,
Sunyata

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  10:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Sunyata, on your progress and growing family! AYP has helped me navigate the trials of parenthood and the uncertain territory of raising a special needs child and a typical preteen, by allowing my Witness to participate. Blessings to you!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  12:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Don't really have any plans, don't expect people to change, not hoping to be somewhere else or be someone else, not waiting for what tomorrow may bring, not waiting for a promotion/to be recognized, not wanting for things to be different. Not sure what this state. Whatever it is, feels great

Great!

Edited by - mathurs on Nov 01 2013 12:25:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sunyata

Congratulations! This is awesome progress. Sounds like things are going just how they should be. Felt very similar to this 1 year into my practices also.

Love,

J
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  1:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo, sunyata! Glad you are making such progress, and that you are comfortable sharing your experience on the forums. It's a pretty awesome exchange, isn't it?

Onward. Nothing to lose but those summertime blues.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata
Lots of progress indeed...so happy for you
I have to stay that I really enjoy reading your posts in the forums and I always feel that you are a very sweet, honest ,down to earth person
I said it before. ..i m saying it again..Sunyata is a very nice name/ word...it sums it all in a melodious sound vibration...another spiritual paradox ;-)
All the best
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  4:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great Sunyata

Love and Light!!

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  5:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That feedback from your practices sounds wonderful, Sunyata.

Allow me to join in to say thank you to those people (including Christi) and the wider community for being there for others and sharing those journeys as they unfold.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is great to hear. I am about 9-10 months into AYP and can say that I too have noticed a shift in consciousness, if not as dramatic as yours. It's kept me on a mostly twice daily routine the entire time.

Looking forward to hearing more as your progress!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2013 :  12:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata,

What a lovely post; so beautiful to hear of your progress. And absolutely fantastic news on Diwali about your growing family - congratulations!!!

We are so fortunate to be sharing this journey together, aren't we?

Much love to you.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  3:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  3:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good, Sunyata! Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  8:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You Dogboy-Couldn't agree more on parenting with the witness present. to you.

Shanti,Mathurs,Bodhi,Mr anderson,AumNaturel,Yogaman,Yonatan,whippoorwill & Anima...Thank You All

Maheswari- I really appreciate your encouragement and the sentiment is mutual

kami-Happy Diwali to you as well!! Thank You for listening to my rants. to you my dear.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000