Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Could these be Kundalini symptoms?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  11:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately I've been struggling with physical/mental troubles initially brought on by taking an herbal supplement that caused a resurgence of panic attacks I had kept in check with meditation for some time. The panic attacks have, thankfully, stopped, but I'm still having some other weird symptoms which I could swear seem like a thyroid problem (weird tightness/soreness in lower throat, vertigo, feeling 'on edge' and easily angered, strong appetite but no weight gain, etc... I especially thought to associate this with the thyroid because I had tried taking supplementary iodine for a week or two prior, which I since ceased).

Along with this has come the pleasant and weird side effect of a seemingly enhanced sense of smell and taste, and the not always pleasant sense of an increased sensitivity to sound. So anyway, I've been tested six ways from Sunday and my doctor is convinced I'm in great health, only suffering anxiety and depression. Those latter two may be, but I've had those before and not experienced these things. My thyroid was more active the second round of tests (after the iodine), but still within a normal range.

So anyway, I don't think I've really had serious Kundalini symptoms since years ago, when I had my first energetic "awakening"--and that did, indeed, cause some weird symptoms, like increased anxiety, insomnia, powerful emotions, seeing lights behind the eyes, etc. But those had pretty much gone away after I got into a steady AYP practice, though there were a few transitory effects here and there.

Added to this is I do think I've been feeling increased ecstasy and silence when I am able to meditate well and am not feeling anxious or sleep-deprived (not super often lately), also making me wonder if my energy isn't running into some new 'rough patches' or something.

Anyway, could these new problems, such as vertigo (worse when tired or anxious), irritability, increased sense of smell, and high sensitivity to sound (not usually in a good way) be stemming not from any medical problem per se, but just new kundalini symptoms? Additionally, I had a period when my hair and skin seemed to become very dry, but they seem to have improved since. Also, there's a weird sense of fullness or tingling in my face, like I'm more aware of the muscles in my head and face than usual.

Thank you so much for any insight or experiences.

Edited by - tamasaburo on Oct 05 2013 10:39:09 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  10:47:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What you write about sound like symptoms of purification.

Here is how I see it, with practices we open the nervous system and as the nervous system opens we will become aware of things that are blocks. Once we are aware of it, we can continue with our practices (self pacing if needed) and allow the blocks to dissolve (it eventually will), or we can look at what is be brought to light and do some inquiry into it and accept it and let it go, hence dissolving the block at the level we see it at (the same block can be at many levels, and as we reach those levels we will see them, at that level again).

What may have happened in your case is that the herbs you took accelerated purification and brought many of your blocks(fears) to the surface resulting in anxiety and panic attacks. But none the less, it brought the blocks to light. It is your choice if you want to see through them and let them go, or self pace/ground and then pick up practices that will help dissolve the blocks. There is no right approach or wrong approach... Both work... You will have to see what you feel inclined to do and go with it.

As to if the symptoms are medical problems or kundalini related, I try not to go too much into that. If you need medications then that is what is needed right now... But staying aware of your thought patterns as you go through episodes of anxiety and depression and when not in that place, looking into those thought patterns and seeing if you can accept them and let them go, will also help.

Not sure if my reply fits your post, but this is what flowed to write when I read your post earlier.
Hope you feel better soon.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  11:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

What you write about sound like symptoms of purification.

Here is how I see it, with practices we open the nervous system and as the nervous system opens we will become aware of things that are blocks. Once we are aware of it, we can continue with our practices (self pacing if needed) and allow the blocks to dissolve (it eventually will), or we can look at what is be brought to light and do some inquiry into it and accept it and let it go, hence dissolving the block at the level we see it at (the same block can be at many levels, and as we reach those levels we will see them, at that level again).

What may have happened in your case is that the herbs you took accelerated purification and brought many of your blocks(fears) to the surface resulting in anxiety and panic attacks. But none the less, it brought the blocks to light. It is your choice if you want to see through them and let them go, or self pace/ground and then pick up practices that will help dissolve the blocks. There is no right approach or wrong approach... Both work... You will have to see what you feel inclined to do and go with it.

As to if the symptoms are medical problems or kundalini related, I try not to go too much into that. If you need medications then that is what is needed right now... But staying aware of your thought patterns as you go through episodes of anxiety and depression and when not in that place, looking into those thought patterns and seeing if you can accept them and let them go, will also help.

Not sure if my reply fits your post, but this is what flowed to write when I read your post earlier.
Hope you feel better soon.
Much love!

Hi Shanti,

Thanks so much for the thoughtful reply. I do think it does fit my situation. I guess part of what was most painful for me about the reawakening of my panic attacks was the fact that I had thought I was "past" that. If I weren't then they shouldn't come back so easily. But, as you say, blockages exist at many levels, and it could just be that now I'm dealing with a deeper level of whatever first caused my panic.

I have also often thought that one of the most heavily blocked parts of me has long been my throat, which may relate to the fact that I'm an intensely verbal/aural person. I used to always feel weird compulsions to make humming noises with my throat or move my neck in strange ways when I was a child/teenager, which I later decided was a kind of OCD, and which I was able to "let go" to some extent. Since then, however, I've still often felt a kind of tightness in my throat when doing pranayama or meditation, and it is also my neck that is the first part to move back and forth when I get automatic Yoga.

The fact that I now have a sore throat and other effects related to the throat and ear area (I guess ears are connected to both throat and ajna?), including vertigo (inner ear), effects on smell, taste, and sound sensitivity, and maybe even metabolism (I guess vishuddhi must be strongly connected to the thyroid by virtue of its location) does make me suspect that maybe I'm working through a new layer of throat blockages.

Thanks so much for your kindness and support! I guess I'm always worried that I'll mistake a real medical problem for kundalini and ignore it, but it makes me feel much better to know that it probably is just another layer of blockage I need to work through.

It's also a very useful perspective to realize that when something like an herbal supplement causes a seemingly excessive reaction, I shouldn't just beat myself up over using it, but should rather consider what sort of blockages or hidden problems it may be dredging up, the better for me to deal with them.

Thanks again!

Edited by - tamasaburo on Oct 05 2013 12:13:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  11:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, felt like your throat was being worked on... good you see it.
Thanks for your response and acceptance.
Much love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000