Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Is it kudlini awakening softly ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pramod

India
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  1:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
let me give brief history of spiritual life of mine as it may have relation to my present experinces.
I am 55 years Indian male. I started with Transdental Meditation(mantra based) 25 years ago and changed to vipasana( breath observation) 5 years lator. However, my practice all these years has been highly irregular and on the average of 2 hours in a week. In between I also came across and tried ART OF LIVING, REIKI, OSHO techniques. 18 months ago i came across alechemy(same as tantra sex) in a GNOSIS course and am trying it since then, but not very strictly.

I came across AYP 8 months ago and after doing DM for 1 month, added SB with mulbandha and sambhvi mudra. However, i am still doing breath observation technque in DM as i am used to getting good stillness with this. I am doing meditation for around 1 hour and two times daily. I am also doing SAMAYAMA.
Foe last 3 months, I have been feeling a strange cool/hot energy in body. The feeling is in general pleasing and mostly associted with feeling of cool breeze inside me, coming out of all holes(nostrills, ears etc.). Initially it used to start from palms( may be due to effect of REIKI) and spread to arms and chest but recently it has started spreading allover body. Sometimes i feel that my whole body is on fire(but cool fire). Sometimes, it looks like that body is not there and i am just a fireball. There is no concetration of this fire on any loction in body or chakra and it is almost uniform allover.
About a month ago, after meditation, i felt lot of uneasyness in head and by night it changed into severe headche and bit feverish. I was sleepless that night and had to take pain killar. This type of uneasyness has repeated few times more but of less degree. Luckily symptoms were no strong so as to stop or slowdown.
The feeling of cool fire in body is increasing now, and today i felt some senesation in crown area, and i abondoned meditaion, with fear of strong energy flow.
I want to know if I am getting kundilini awakening? Is the history of stillness experince and purification with that helping to have it slowly and smoothly? Should i continue to stop when i feel sensation in crown area?

One more thing, I added one small step between SB and DM. This step is taken from SHAVASNA. I just spend 2 mins to run through my awarenss throughout the body, from feet to head. This helps in slowing down of thoughts and getting aware of whole body. Please also comment if this step is ok or i should stop it.

Pramod

India
10 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  12:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i want to add something more about my experiences.
The cool fire feeling is generally related to the intensity and duration of the stillness of thoughts. When i drift to thoughts or get sleep during meditation, the cool fire feeling is less.
There have been certain other experiences during meditation such as pleasant feeling on all senses like good fragrance, nice taste, superb scenic visions. Sometimes i also feel a wave of sensation and it happens when i focus on the fire in me. This wave has a proper word in hindi as ZANZANAHAT and i am not able to get appropriate name in English ( shivering or hair raising don't match with it properly). However these symptoms are not consistent but cool fire is very consistent for last 1 month.
Inspite of some problems, on the whole the experience has been pleasant.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  10:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pramod,

Sounds like kundalini to me. You still may go through an opening you call your kundalini awakening.

I've been fearful of the crown opening too. Most of the older posts I've read through say crown activity is okay, self- pace if it painful or if you are uncomfortable. You can use the search feature at the top of the page for crown opening.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  6:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pramad,

You have been doing spiritual practices for a long time, and it sounds like you have a sufficiently stable sense of inner calm so that you are able to take these recent energy experiences in stride, and even find some enjoyment in them. I'd call what you describe a Kundalini awakening, and so now you are entering in a new dimension of yogic process. When you mix and match various daily practices in a unique way, it seems to me you have to be the judge of whether they are working for you to create a nice blend of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity.

All the best,

Bewell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000