Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Healing for Bewell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  4:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
I posted this last night, but positing it again here, just incase it gets missed in the samyama topic. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ge=27#113852
Please keep Bewell, a fellow member of ours and a good friend of many here, in your samyama/prayers/thoughts.
He had surgery and was in the ICU last night.
Much love to you Bewell! Get well soon.

Thank you Kami for letting us know and do keep us updated if it flows.

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  6:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep you in my prayers Bewell, you will have a speedy recovery. Please keep us updated on what happens.

-Atharva
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  7:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti!

Bewell, get well soon my dear.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  7:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love and blessings to bewell

Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  9:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell, get well soon. My thoughts will be with you in Samyama tonight.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 08 2013 9:07:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2013 :  10:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be strong, be healthy, be well! In my samyama-super-prayers...
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  09:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to bewell
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  09:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much love to you dear Bewell
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  09:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish you a speedy and thorough recovery! Love!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Keeping you in my healing samyama, and also sending love to you dear Bewell

Thank you Shanti for the heads-up as I didn't check the samyama list, and to Kami for letting us know.

Edited by - AumNaturel on Sep 09 2013 10:24:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  10:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  12:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  12:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are in my samyama from today until I learn that things are going better for you. Best wishes!
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  1:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell get well. Much love and healing to you!!
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  8:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you are okay my friend
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  9:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  12:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  3:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be!!!

Prayers and loving samyama heading your way.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  12:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear friends

When I read this thread for the first time a few minutes ago, it brought me to tears, I was so touched by your concern and healing energy.

I am at home with my wife recovering according to schedule from emergency open surgery for gall bladder removal. The body does not require a gall bladder, so I can look forward to normal healthy bodily functioning. I'm taking antibiotics and taking, for pain, Oxycodone, a narcotic. My meditation sits have been very peaceful and pleasurable (perhaps aided by the drugs).

A bit about the disease.

For many years, I have known that I have slightly above normal cholesterol, but I have never taken drugs to control it, trying instead to use diet and exercise. Turns out one of the causal factors for gall stones is high cholesterol. I was not aware of my gall bladder, however, until this crisis.

For years I knew I had digestive troubles, and that the pain was in my upper abdomen, and more specifically, in the area where the stomach empties into the small intestine -- that, I now know, is where the healthy gall bladder releases bile into the intestines to help digest certain fats. It is also where a blocked gall bladder squeezes unsuccessfully to release bile, and when it squeezes, it causes pain. I had felt that pain intermittently for years, but had attributed it to the intestines squeezing unsuccessfully. At times, it was extremely painful, and I would be up in the middle of the night in the squat position, waiting for it to shift. More commonly, it would be a dull ache that would put a frown on my face. Now I can expect a future without those attacks of pain. That's nice.

With gratitude,

PS Interesting fact (from the surgeon who used laser surgery to clean gall bladder puss off the bottom of my liver): The liver is the only organ of the human body that can regenerate itself. It is like a lizard tail, tear off a piece, and it will grow back just like new.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 13 2013 1:14:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  1:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

PS Interesting fact (from the surgeon who used laser surgery to clean gall bladder puss off the bottom of my liver): The liver is the only organ of the human body that can regenerate itself. It is like a lizard tail, tear off a piece, and it will grow back just like new.

Happy to hear you are recovering well Bewell. You've been in my thoughts since I heard about the surgery.

I think the surgeon who told you that the liver was the only organ that regenerates itself is (slightly) misinformed... it's been shown that the brain does as well: http://www.newscientist.com/article....UjNQstKsiM4

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  2:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear it went well, that you won't go through such pain anymore, and that you're alright and healing well.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  3:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest Bewell,

SO glad to have you back!!! You have been in my prayers and samyama too.

Much love to you.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  10:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bewell,

It's good to hear from you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love,
Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2013 :  05:31:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000