Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Process
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  1:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All !!

I know i have already talked about this but im 41 years old and i have practiced Meditation,Kriya,Kundalini,Hatha and Taoist yoga daily for over 20 years. When i was in my 20s and wanted to awaken kundalini it was more siddhis,power,selfish oriented. Thats probably why back then i had a lot of prana/chi experiences happen instead of kundalini. Now at 41 its more about spirituality and evolving as a human and helping other people. I am no saint either but dont think how i did in my 20s. But now im having kundalini symptoms like Kriyas,Vibrations,heat and sweating,bliss along with pleasant inner orgasmic sensations. I can feel itching and like feeling bugs crawling on me during meditation all the time. I have been told the process is different with everyone and it could last months or years. I try to drink a lot of water and when i go through sweats i will breath through my left nostril until i cool down. I also seem to have a totally dead sex drive which i thought would be the opposite. Any other advice how to live with this process or how long it takes on average would be great. My sleep habits have been much worse now at about 4 hours per night on average. Not that its a huge deal but for 20 years i have been reading books on yoga,taoism,spirituality,meditation,ect. someone told me to try reading fiction or unrelated topics to spirituality. Any thoughts,advice,comments? Should i find a routine of meditation to do just once a day or is it better to lay off?

seek123

India
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  12:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
. Redsnake1,Kundalini symptoms are subjective but you are blessed to experience definite kundalini awakening symptoms like kriyas, vibrations, heat, sweating, pleasant orgasmic sensations, pran crawling under the skin and others. God's Grace is upon you and it is just a matter of time you will cross this milestone .

I have learnt from my experience that one quickens one's progress by keeping anxiety away. Anxiety is Maya's way (or your Karmic residue) that works like a speedbreaker to your progress (sometimes even a roadblock). Just adjust and modulate practice, with ALL your focus and let go.

My Personal opinion is as follows -

1) Your Time Anxiety: Kundalini will awaken after preparing its own ground. You know that ground is being prepared through your symptoms. It is at some stage. As soon as its preparation is ready, is done, awakening will happen. Give up this anxiety of how long it may take (Trust Kundalini. It knows and is already at work. It will share status or consult you if it deems fit ). Let go and focus on practice.

Very humbly, here's rude reality for you - You are disturbing Kundalini in its work by your anxiety. Her work is not your job. Recall Krishna's directions to Arjun - Your job is action, do not carry the burden of anxiety about results.

2) Your Sex and Sleep Anxiety: My opinion is that one only needs to adjust or modulate practice without getting "out" of the practice-mode. This means, one should tune the "degree" of practice rather than move into a mode, that is external to practice such as reading deluding material/fiction etc. Such reads will create sanskars that you will fight to remove later. So, adjusting the quantity/degree/duration/remedial-practice etc of the spiritual practice appears to me to be the right way.

3) An all purpose Tonic: Be thankful and grateful to God (or your own higher self) all the time and be patient. Allow progress to happen without anxiety and expectation. Kundalini knows and does what's best for you and it will give you the best - IF. If you allow it to.

It may also help you if you read about "Grounding" practices on this forum.

God enlighten all .

If my experience can be of any help, it is here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13081

Edited by - seek123 on Jun 30 2013 12:52:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Redsnake41

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  10:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi seek 123,

Thanks for all the advice! I read your experiences and i have
had very similar experiences. Some i didnt write about. Looks like
we are in the same boat. I was a little surprised when i read things
that have happened to me by another! Thats great. You are blessed.
thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  8:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Totally Agree with seek123 as it started with me as well. I can relate to lot of things you mentioned as I use to get heat, sweat and bliss, high and lows. Also there was anxiety as I was trying to resist the change. But with time by letting it go it started smoothing out itself. Kundilini knows best for us. But the process like anxiety and other related symptoms are also normal as it will make us ready for the change.

Thanks for sharing.

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Nyardream

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2013 :  2:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's been about 3 years since the heavy vibrations (among other strange things) started throughout my body. It was really intense at first and caused me a lot of anxiety. I read about grounding, eating heavy foods, drinking water, etc, but honestly, the best thing for me has been to just go about my life as if it never happened. In other words, don't generate anxiety by focusing attention on the process. The physical stuff can be almost impossible to ignore at times, but as others have pointed out, the intensity comes and goes.. just don't freak out, because it definitely makes it worse/more noticeable. I think it's a mistake to "put your life on hold" while this is going on. When you instead go about your life as you always have, you will see its manifestations in your every day life.. you'll find yourself being more calm, less mental chatter, more aware of your mood shifts, and you'll see your relationships with others change too... and it all happens naturally, you don't have to do anything.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  01:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nyardream...what you said is very correct
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  05:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Redsnake41

Hi All !!

I know i have already talked about this but im 41 years old and i have practiced Meditation,Kriya,Kundalini,Hatha and Taoist yoga daily for over 20 years. When i was in my 20s and wanted to awaken kundalini it was more siddhis,power,selfish oriented. Thats probably why back then i had a lot of prana/chi experiences happen instead of kundalini. Now at 41 its more about spirituality and evolving as a human and helping other people. I am no saint either but dont think how i did in my 20s. But now im having kundalini symptoms like Kriyas,Vibrations,heat and sweating,bliss along with pleasant inner orgasmic sensations. I can feel itching and like feeling bugs crawling on me during meditation all the time. I have been told the process is different with everyone and it could last months or years. I try to drink a lot of water and when i go through sweats i will breath through my left nostril until i cool down. I also seem to have a totally dead sex drive which i thought would be the opposite. Any other advice how to live with this process or how long it takes on average would be great. My sleep habits have been much worse now at about 4 hours per night on average. Not that its a huge deal but for 20 years i have been reading books on yoga,taoism,spirituality,meditation,ect. someone told me to try reading fiction or unrelated topics to spirituality. Any thoughts,advice,comments? Should i find a routine of meditation to do just once a day or is it better to lay off?

Hi Redsnake,

Some good advice from others already. If what is happening is not painful or disturbing for you, then you can simply continue with your spiritual practices as you did before the awakening. If you are finding what is happening disturbing or painful then you need to cut back on what you are doing until you find a level that is stable for you. This stable level may mean doing nothing at all for a while, or it could mean that you are able to continue with your yoga practice as before, or at a reduced level.

Bear in mind that things will change as the purification process proceeds, so you will need to keep an eye on how things are progressing and make adjustments accordingly. Sometimes you will need to scale things right down for a while and at other times you can increase your spiritual practices.

In terms of time-scale, most people tend to be reluctant to give any timings at all. This is because everyone is different and any timings that are given may be more misleading than useful in an individual case. But if I were to give a rough guide to timings I would say that in most cases it takes around 5 years to purify the body to the point where we can begin working on the crown chakra. It then takes around another 5 years to purify the crown chakra. Then another 5 years to dissolve the being in the heart. This could be said to be the end of the kundalini stage, but it is not the end of the process of enlightenment.

So as a very rough guide, I would say 15 years. Remember though that at some point during the first 5 years the body is brought into a state of body-wide ecstasy, so most of this process is an ecstatic process, dissolving at the crown into pure-bliss-consciousness and finally falling down into the heart in divine love. So it is not 15 years of anxiety about what is happening, but rather 15 years of discovery, opening, flowering and surrender to the incredible transformations that takes place.

The most important thing is to maintain your meditation throughout if you possibly can. This way you can maintain the qualities of peace, equanimity and stillness that will enable you to handle with ease whatever changes are taking place.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000