Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Iason

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  05:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends
I hope I post this on the right place!
I have been searching for a Kriya yoga teacher in UK for long time. I am put off by big organisations and large scale initiations and at the same time I would like to find something pure that its source could be traced. At the moment I practice from the books of Ennio Nimis which is really great, but as he says his books are not intended to be manuals for practice.

Some time ago I came across the website mr. Ashok Singh
http://www.vedickriyayoga.com/. I read his articles (which are very good) and also had a long phone conversation with him. He sounds like an interesting teacher because he insists in to one to one initiation and his lineage can be easily traced back to Lahiri Mahasaya, and has a long experience in the practice. He presents himself mostly as an experienced assistant rather than a guru.

I am thinking of inviting him to London to teach and a group of at least 10 people is needed to support such an event. The main expenses have to be covered and then each individual can give a donation directly to him.
The format will be a 3 hour orientation lecture where everyone will be present and from then on one to one initiations that last about 3 hours each will take place. He will teach the first set of kriyas, there are 7 sets of altogether.
Please visit his website to learn more about him, you could also phone him and talk with him! If you are interested in studying with him please send me a pm and we will take it from there.
Be well
Iason

Edited by - Iason on Jun 02 2013 05:28:52 AM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  07:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Iason,

10 people * 3 hours sounds like 4 days work =P Group initiation is not less precise, on the contrary more and different questions can make it much more clearer to everyone. Plus you have more time to practice the learnt set together which will have the known group effect and boost up everyone for the starting days and weeks.

1 on 1 is nice, but it is very inefficient in groups. Still if he insists, what can you do =P

Happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

kriyawit

USA
71 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  3:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Iason, I am not sure if you obtained Mr. Singh's name from the fist page of my post on Kriya here on this site but they are one and the same.

You could do far worse than receive instruction from him, a fellow Kriyaban his student of his and a friend of mine has been extremely pleased and well benefited from their relationship.

I would say that if it is your intent to learn from this person do it sooner rather than later.
Go to Top of Page

Iason

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  07:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy
This is the way of his lineage, please visit his website to learn more about it. I am sure that there is no one true way, but we are all attracted to different things due to inexplicable reasons.

Dear Kriyawit
Yes he is the same person you refer to in your post, but I came upon his website via another route which I do not even remember! Your encouragement is very welcomed!

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  1:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Iason, I suggest changing the name of the topic to "Anyone interested in Kriya Initiation in London, UK?" or "Kriya yoga initiation in London, UK" to attract at first sight people who might be interested.

Let's hope it happens.

Edited by - Will Power on May 30 2013 5:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2013 :  6:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello To All,

I have been initiated by Ashok Singh and practice this kriya yoga of the Panchanon Bhattacharya lineage. The kriya yoga techniques are a powerful tool which bring about many wonderful transformations.
I have experienced great peace, joy, and bliss which comes from the practice.

Peace To All,
OM, Shanti
Lavendar
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  3:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing it Lavendar

The event will take place approximately on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th August, depending on how many people are interested.

Go to Top of Page

kriyawit

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  1:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the friend I was speaking of.

Hi Lavender.

Congratulations on getting a tentative date, this is a very rare and unique opportunity to learn Kriya and any in the U.K. that are interested should make every effort to take advantage of this rare opportunity.

It may not come again.

quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

thanks for sharing it Lavendar

The event will take place approximately on Thursday 29th and Friday 30th August, depending on how many people are interested.

Go to Top of Page

Iason

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  05:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody
I have just created a blog inorder to facilitate the coming together of this event. Please visit www.kriyayogainlondon.blogspot.com. If you have time please visit it to help it to come up in the search engines!
Kriyawit and Lavendar thank you for your support!
Peace
Iason

Edited by - Iason on Jun 06 2013 4:24:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  3:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Great job Iason creating the blog. It looks great.

Thanks Kriyawit and Lavendar for your encoragement!

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  7:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Willpower,

You are welcome. I wished to share my direct experience being a practicing kriyaban of this lineage.

You are welcome Iason!

Lavendar
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2013 :  6:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
The latest update on this topic is, that it will not be in London.

Perhaps Iason may add more details :)
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2013 :  09:27:33 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally the one-to-one Initiations will take place in Sevilla (Spain)from 6th September to 9th September.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2013 :  11:16:39 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
So how did everything go? it is September 30th 2013 and nothing has been added to this post.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2013 :  3:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, this month I had tons of things to do and these last days I was sick.

Ashok adapted very well to our different schedule. We had an orientation lecture of about 3 hours, where he explained the concepts of fractality, orthogonality and how it is related to our different dimensions, the nature of God as Sat-Chit-Ananda, the evolution of the creation (from Ananda (bliss) to Chit (life force) to Sat (matter)), the different chakras and how to locate them, etc.

For me when he explained the concept of orthogonality and its relationship with the spine it was an "eureka" moment (the spine is the intersection of the different orthogonal dimensions, and your consciousess must go there and to the 6th chakra to be able to access Ananda and non-dualism.

Ashok repeated the orientation lecture for some people that couldn't attend the one given in the first day. He was very interested in everyone attending it.

We had the one to one Initiations which lasted about 2 h each. Although a donation was asked, he also initiated some who were unemployed and couldn't afford to donate. He said that for the Higher Kriyas the Initiation is not necessary to be in person (it can be done through skype), although it's best in person. The reason for the First Kriya Initiation to be necessarily done in person is to transmit energy from Guru to student.

The personal Initiation has an important psychological effect and helps you not to create any more problems during your life, to let go of your past karma and to practise Kriya everyday.

Some who had already occasional previous "spiritual experiences" (i.e. third eye) had them too during the Initiation, but it was not their better experience so far. Anyway a friend who was initiated about 2 years ago, said that she didn't see anything during her Initiation, and after a month of practice she started seeing blue light in the third eye.

In my case, when he touched my head, I felt hot and felt slightly of my body moving upward when he inhaled, and downward when he exhaled. Also a bit ecstatic feeling in the heart chakra, and blurred light in the third eye.

At the beginning, the Kriya routine to be practised twice a day last about 30-45 min, and when you are not absentminded and enjoy the time spent, you can add more Pranayamas, in 12.

The techniques are: Guru Pranam, Maha Mudra, Navi Kriya, 1st Kriya (spinal breathing pranayama, with OM in the chakras), Yoni Mudra, Maha Mudra and Guru Pranam. Kechari to be done all the time, doing Kriya or not (except while eating, talking...)
If not enough time, you may skip the Maha Mudras before Navi Kriya.

He teaches Talabya and milking of the tongue to reach Kechari.

He teaches how to count for Navi Kriya's OM and for the First Kriya rounds using one hand, and therefore you can practise anywhere anytime, you just need yourself to practise.

The way he teaches to chant OM (mentally) is very good and soothing, my way of saying it was not so good.

My perception of the internal sounds (OM or its variations) has increased.

Ashok is keeping contact with the people initiated and inquire about our practice, problems in life and try to help.

The Initiation was a very good experience!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  7:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will Power,

thank you very much for your report! :)

As far as I know spinal breathing with OM is Lahiri's kriya, as in some of his commentaries and letters he mentions this combination.

Many years ago I practiced Hans kriya from www.kriyayoga.com (which is only available as a downloadable offline-site since 2012). It is as far as I can tell identical to what you describe, as he says coming from Lahiri aswell. I had immense results, the highest from any spiritual practice till then and since aswell. But when subtle perception grew immensly, I felt a need for guidance and was afraid back then (pre AYP-time), so could not continue. And sure back then I did not know what is the best, which one to go with etc, so it was all in the testing phase aswell.

One year ago I gave a retest to Hans kriya, which resulted in extreme openings within 20 minutes, entering some kind of savikalpa samadhi, extreme bliss and physical nondual perception, but after 2-3 hours the body showed that it was way too much for it to handle :P

Kriya yoga like given by Ashok / Hans / Lahiri with mantra while spinal breathing is to my experience even more efficient than AYP. Then comes AYP, then kriya yoga as given by e.g. Gurunath, where mantra and spinal breath is seperated as two practices. Because of the nature of kriya, where attention moves up and down for the most time and where there is more breath than mantra overall, it has much less strain on the body-mind than AYP but also for that reason looses some efficiency. On the other side kriya is scalable, so can be practiced in more amounts over the long term if lifestyle allows and inner bhakti is there.

Initially I also wanted to attend the kriya initiation of Ashok, but then Gurunath surprised me and it happened that shortly after I was with him for a weekend again :P then for me it was also clear, that I'm at the right spot ^^

Some time has passed since your post, would you like to tell what has happened since? Practice and resultwise :)

Thanks and peace Holy

Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  8:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Always thrilling Holy to read your spiritual thoughts.

So much guidance and motivation is given in such a humble way!

Edited by - BillinL.A. on Nov 09 2013 8:19:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  10:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Holy,
very interesting that you ask about this, since yesterday I planned to share some things today, specially after I knew that some people recently got Initiated from him and are not happy with him.

Lately I am experiencing more Love towards everything, particularly towards insects. Now I love wasps more than ever, they are so beautifully made! Sometimes they lay on my skin (hands) and we both enjoy it (I have to admit that I got a bit tense if they climb through my body towards my face). Since I moved to another house about 3 weeks ago, I haven't have to kill any ants since I don't have an invasion problem any more, thank God.

About Ashok, I still maintain that I benefited from the Initiation. I follow some of his advices e.g. sleeping a bit if I am tired after work before practising Kriya, practising a few spinal breathing (1st kriya) breaths every hour (the android app "hour signal" help me to this), sucking your tongue for kechari mudra (even if it's only stage 1), and eating everyday a bit of lemon skin (grated). Specially the few kriya breaths every hour and when I feel stressed at work has helped me to be more at peace during the day.

Ashok has a direct and harsh way, reminding me what I read about Sri Yukteswar.

But let's keep the focus on the techniques, which are the ones that helps us grow spiritually. Two weeks ago I finished the last step of my postgraduate studies and things have stabilized at work and I have had time to practise twice a day. While driving to work, I have been listening to Yogani's Bhakti book, which I find awesome. Also I have been chanting OM SRI RAM JAI RAM JAI JAI RAM while traveling, which produces a bit of ecstatic feeling in the body.

When I got annoyed by traffic jams or people's violent behavior at work, or felt sad because of the recent death of a friend, who was a very good friend of the person that I have loved the most, who died the last year, I mentally asked: Why am I not enlightened yet?
This resulted in a powerful impulse to practise when I got up early in the morning or when I arrived home. If I arrive home tired after work, I lye down while listening to Jeddah Mali's audios with her beautiful and soothing voice for about 30 min, and then practice Yoga.

After stabilizing, I have added to Ashok's Kriya the following powerful techniques (as always I practise in Siddhasana, and when I get tired, in easy pose): Moola Bhanda during Spinal Breathing (=S.B.) (Pranayama or 1st Kriya) inhalations, Shambhavi Mudra (a couple of S.B. with the eyes opened), and after Kriya Pranayama (S.B.) the following: Kapalabhati (this one not so powerful), bhastrika Pranayama, a certain procedure using the syllables TE VA SU to strike each chakra, and of course Deep Meditation.

To be continued...

Edited by - Will Power on Nov 10 2013 10:57:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  11:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
The effect of these techniques to achieve tranquility and reduce the breath movement is remarkable.
The TE VA SU procedure is described in Ennio's second part of his book, and it helps perceive the chakras and stabilize the Prana:

"While the head is moving left, perceive in the heart Chakra an inner light
movement to the left: think the syllable Teee. When the head moves right,
perceive a movement rightward: think the syllable Va. When the head reaches the
chest, perceive that this inner movement reaches the center of the ideal coin: the
center of the Anahata Chakra. Think the syllable Su. Repeat some more times.
Figure 5. Perception in the heart Chakra
In comparison with the movements of Thokar, the dynamic of the head
movements is greatly diminished. Then stop any movement (the breath is always
free.) Your attention is captured by a warm radiation of energy that emanates
from the fourth Chakra. In time, it is destined to become more and more marked.
Repeat the practice in the third Chakra: this is not difficult, especially if
you are familiar with the complete form of Thokar. While part of your awareness
remains in the head, transfer the repetitions of Te, Va, Su in the third Chakra.
Think "Te" when you move to the left of its center, "Va" when you move to the
right, "Su" when there is a soft tap in its center. Repeat three times.
Repeat the practice in the second, then in the first, in the second, third and
fourth Chakra.
You realize how easy it is to have this perception in the fifth Chakra too,
although we have never practiced Thokar specifically directed toward that
Chakra. The movements of the head are extremely subtle now, practically
imperceptible to an observer placed a couple of meters away.
You can have this perception in the head also, not inside Ajna but around
it. In a very relaxed mood, start rotating the head making a short radius
movement! Considering the fontanelle as a point, the rotation of the head now
draws a circle of no more than one inch of diameter. The movement of the head
may be accompanied by a light oscillatory movement of the torso. Think Te in
the left lobe of the brain, Va in the right lobe and Su in the frontal part of the
head. While you think Su, you can have a small (almost invisible from the
physical point of view) jolt – you are lightly tapping on the door of Kutastha.
Repeat some more times.
It is clear how you complete the first round of the technique: the perception is
recreated in the fifth, the fourth, the third, the second, the first Chakra. You can
of course repeat the whole round a couple of times.
Make more subtle movements until you reach perfect immobility. Direct
mental pressure toward the nucleus of each Chakra. At the end, the center of
your awareness naturally establishes itself in the comforting light of the sixth
Chakra. In this immobility there is one treasure to enjoy."

About Deep Meditation, I find the mantra enhacement "SHREE OM SHREE OM AYAM AYAM NAMAH NAMAH" more gentle than "AYAM" (it produces less ecstatic conductivity.

I feel the difference with my practice of some weeks ago.

I plan on increase the purification by drinking Dr. Gerson's organic juices (it's interesting to read his anticancer therapy). I am fine by the way, but I think that it'll be good in moderate doses. For this increase of purification he deems necessary organic Coffe enemas to help the body with it and not to overload. By the way, he is against drinking coffee.

So I tried it on Sunday last week and although it was not my objective, within minutes I received a huge energy boost, which resulted in a non-stop of doing chores at home and in a happy wife, . Today I did it again and the same happened. I don't drink coffee by the way since my first year of University, when I decided to stop when I became used to it and obviously it was not good for me. It is recommended not to overdo it with the enemas since it depletes iron's reserves of the body.

If I have time, I also add to the routine after Maha Mudra the Sun Salutations. I particularly like the Ipad app ""Suryanamaskar", with Rashmi Ramesh. There are different versions depending on the speed that you want, and I particularly like the 25 step advanced Suryanamaskar.

So my Yoga routine is now:
Guru Pranam, Navi Kriya, 1st Kriya (spinal breathing pranayama, with OM in the chakras), Kapalabhati, Bhastrika Pranayama, TE VA SU procedure (internalization of Thokar), Deep Meditation, Yoni Mudra, Maha Mudra, Sun Salutations and Guru Pranam.

I may choose to choose to practise Maha Mudra and Sun Salutations at the beginning of the routine if I feel to much energy or I am nervous due to a change of job or something, but I usually practise it at the end, to return my body to an active state for the daily activities. I thank you Holy for your advice on this in a post of yours from some time ago.

To add more grouding,I'll buy antistatic mats.

I am planning to read "Who is this Shama Churn" (Lahiri Mahasaya) after I finish the Sedona Method. If something bothers me during the day, I follow the Sedona method instructions and ask myself: Could I let go this emotion/ the desire of control?

I cannot hear with so much intensity the inner sounds that I could perceive during the AYP retreat, particularly at night, with the outer silence. Perhaps it isto be that I have moved to another house and I have to charge the vibration of this new place by meditation, or just that highly advanced people were at the retreat

Sorry for the long posts

Peace, Peace, Peace

Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  1:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest friend, brother, fellow kriyaban, Your detailed update on your practice is wonderful! So happy for you! You will find at various times certain adjustments or preliminary practices may be needed such as including mantra which you have done. Intuition and knowing what works for you is always good.

Namaste

Peace and Love,
Indigo

Edited by - Indigo on Nov 15 2013 6:54:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2013 :  2:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sister I am glad that you enjoyed it!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  8:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Willpower,

thanks for your post :) It reminds me of my days some years ago :P Seems like the intense kriya pranayama has given you a lot of bhakti and energy to add immense amounts of practices to the routine ^^ The same had happened here aswell, after some months of Hans kriya only, suddenly it became a mixture of extreme nadi sodhana, kapalbhati, bahstrika, kriya, microcosmic orbit, DM + laying down afterwards + astral travelling and so on... ^^ Later small retests showed that whenever that kriya started, everything became intense and extreme, always the bhakti flashed and the fear also went away to overdo to the max :D

The same happens with Gurunath's kriya, if you do more of the OM-technique, then suddenly you can do a lot more kriya pranayamas. OM is like the fueling power to do the extreme amounts of kriya practice. But I remember well, that it was hard to keep the focus within the kriya set itself. One feels immensly empowered and authorative to do the own mixture. Ultimate result here with the monster mixture was it was not possible to continue at some point. Great insights and openings along that combination, but sooner or later the different causes of those practices created inbalances here.

I also remember a mixture of kriya and AYP, aka taking the original kriya parts of AYP and adding what AYP has added, which seems to be closer to what you have done aswell. It also worked for a while, but not till the end. At least the experience here was with every mixture, it didn't work over the longterm, only for some time.

Let's see how your practice will continue, the good news is, purification happens anyway :)

Regarding Ashok, some negative reports have come to my ear aswell. Hard to comment on that. To the insight here regarding the practice of that kriya with fused spinal breath and om's, A LOT of strength and power arises very fast in the practitioner and after some time the intensity grows so much, that whatever you do it is always very intense. Your bliss is extreme, your words when harsh are very harsh, your smile very big, your walk, your doing, everything becomes immensly intense. Hans e.g. has practiced that type of kriya for 5 years, 12-18 hours and finished the job with that pretty fast. If you read his lessons of love, they always have some kind of intense authority. When practicing yourself you also see why he can not do otherwise. We know of Yukteshwar being strict aswell, only after Yogananda was not affected by that strictness, Yukteswar stopped that behaviour towards him. Lahiri seemed to be concentrated but more humorous. At least for me it is clear that someone who has practiced that kriya for many years, can show and teach and guide you a lot :) Coming to Ashok, some will be attracted by him, others not. If the combo will do for you or not, time will surely show. When things get very unclear, a deep honest prayer in the depth of your own silence may help. It always worked here :)

Peace to you and happy practice :)
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2013 :  8:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
One more addition that feels to be important to share regarding the breathless-state:

Jc Stevens and Ennio both have given the impression that the breathless stat is very hard to reach and some kind of goal and that it needs those advanced kriya's to reach at all.

The experience here is, that any breathless state, that has been reached by holding the breath aka kumbhaka or by too much mantra or too much awareness will become sooner or later unhealthy for the body.

The most healthy breathless state that happenes here is the one after some amount of kriya pranayama. Ater practicing 12 rounds not much breathlessness happens. After 24 some moments now and then may happen. After 36 the chance increases. After 72 breathlessness happens always in the range of 1 minute again and again. After some weeks or months of that amount the breathless moments increase to several minutes, very harmoniously and without any physical side effect at all, while all other causes to breathlessness always resulted in very unhealthy physical side effects.

Kriya pranayama itself will bring everythign into stillness, from gross to subtlest. If you constantly breath prana into apana and vise versa, both currents neutralize each other and the breath stops very smoothly and easily, the so called after effect of kriya.

According to Lahiri 12 perfect kriya breaths will result in pratyahara, 144 in dharana, 1728 in dhyana, 20736 in samadhi.

144 here resulted in breathless states of 5-10 minutes without any health problems. More than 144 was not possible here due to lifestyle reasons.

Now after 3,x years of Gurunath's kriya of easy 24-36 twice daily, without any additional practice the body-mind can become very still at any time in the day and remain breathless without any health problems. Breathlessness is really not any goal to reach, it is at best a hint for you that you are praciticing the very basic kriyas ok enough :P You are still very far away of savikalpa samadhi, forget nirvikalpa. What can happen to you in prolonged breathless states of about 2-10 minutes as an after effect of easy kriya pranayama is what Gurunath calls Bhava Samadhi, a prestate to Savikalpa Samadhi, were thoughts and emotions have purified and calmed down and you bath in the peace-love-bliss-presence of the self.

To bring it to the point, the very basic techniques alone will give all the goods. It is just a matter of time and amount and (I know the frustration very well) the capacity of the body-mind to handle the purification and transformation that is happening. At least it is steadily growing :P

All at its time,
peace and keep up the practice ;)

Edited by - Holy on Nov 11 2013 9:20:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2013 :  5:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Holy, nice posts! I am glad that you are doing well.

Peace to you too and happy practice
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2013 :  10:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Holy.

I would be interested in reading more about Gurunath's kriya of easy 24-36 twice daily, as It appears to consist of only one or two practices.

Practice 1. OM Japa in the centers accompanied by

Practice 2. Kriya Pranayama proper performed without Placing OM in the centers.

There are many variations of Kriya Pranayama proper. Which circuit does the teaching of Gurunath prescribe?

For instance traditional Kriya Pranayama utilizes the circuit from Muladhara to Medulla along the back of the Sushumna channel.

In some lineages the back is used during exhalation and an attempt to use the center on the inhalation.

Some traditions specify an imaginary tube going through the head to the point between the brows.

Next topic:

Holy what are your experiences of the Paravastha State?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2013 :  10:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Experientalknowing

Gurunath's kriya consists of the OM-technique, Kriya Pranayama without OM, Navi Kriya, Maha Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Paravastha. Kechari Mudra is applied during all phases.

He further divides the kriya tecniques into basic and advanced. Basic does leave out Navi and Yoni, so you have less enhanced focus upon specific chakras, less kumbhaka. Some years ago he only taught the basics, later on there were advanced kriya workshops/seminars. But since about 2012 he always teaches the complete set, most probably because of his age (70). For those who practice in good amounts, after some years he also teaches the thokar kriya, but it is an individual thing so far. More advanced kriyas are taught by him or yogic friends of him also via dreams. At least this has happened here and with some others who went into 144 for some time or even more, then suddenly all the yogis in the himalayan caves become attentive to you and start interacting with you, first by dreams, later directly aswell.

Some years ago, he adviced to start with 36 kriya pranayamas twice daily and to constantly build up until you reach 144. Today (2013) he advices to practice 144 daily, but if you cannot, he speaks of 72, 36 and 12 per day, but it should be every day.

To the observation here, depending on the country and lifestyle, people mostly can practice about ~12-36 kriyas per session in a busy city lifestyle. This is not much, but in combo with Gurunath it still does a lot :P But I have met many of his students, practicing 144 regularly twice daily, one boy even 400, another (the one I call samadhi boy) 600-1k per day. These people are already godlike to the eyes here, but still act as a student. they can make you enter into samadhi by intent, but in most times you won't notice teir advancement. At least as long as Gurunath is around, even the very advanced ones listen like little children and enjoy the extreme peace and bliss together with everyone else :P

Regarding his kriya pranayama, it is not as proper, but it is also not as strong as the variant with OM. It is somethign inbetween. I think he finetuned it a little, similiarly to what Yogananda did back then. You can get your answers in this youtube video series, from part 1 to 3, the first part being important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEL...ture=channel

Look at his hand movements, then you know the route. He also mentions where the breath flows through and what happens if you keep up the practice for more and more and more breaths.

To the next topic, I do not think it has its right place in this thread, which is about Ashok, the kriya yoga he teaches and the experiences of those who have attended his kriya initiation in Spain 2013 :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000