Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the information Holy.

I agree and so I will create a new post on Paravastha. Hope to see you there.
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  1:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
There exists many teachers in the world today who teach various ways of performing Kriya(s). What is most important is if the kriyaban is benefiting from the practice regardless of who they received the set of kriyas from. The teacher is someone to learn the methods from initially. Once, one has some experience from practicing Kriya unfolds on its own. At least this has been my experience as well as the experience of other kriyabans from different schools of Kriya that I have made contact with.

What I have experienced in the 22 months since my initiation from Mr. Singh is the energy flows, awareness of the prana, chakras, the mingling of the airs in the sushumna.( Inhalation and exhalation meet and become one in sushumna) Periods of no breath flowing in or out. Kumbhak or breathless state whichever term you wish to use. The stilling of the mind, peace and a brief episode of bliss.

There has been more profound experiences and realizations as a result of sadhana. All practicing kriyabans, regardless of who's method or where it originated from can derive benefit from their practice. I do believe it is the ego mind which says, "Oh, I'm not getting much results. This technique is no good. or I think I should have attained much more in 22 months. etc." Whatever fabrications ego can create. Some people reading this will understand what I am trying to express. Others may not understand.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  3:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Very well put I agree and think that the lineages teachings that draw you to practice with desire time and time again the practice that generates the desire to sit and do it is the correct one for the individual to practice and that is for the individual alone to discover. It may take a little work to find the right one though.
quote:
Originally posted by Indigo

There exists many teachers in the world today who teach various ways of performing Kriya(s). What is most important is if the kriyaban is benefiting from the practice regardless of who they received the set of kriyas from. The teacher is someone to learn the methods from initially. Once, one has some experience from practicing Kriya unfolds on its own.

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  06:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your inputs Indigo and Experientialknowing.

Yesterday I added Thokar to my routine (or at least to my weekend routine). The intensity with which I can hear the inner sounds again got very high. The effect on the breath, like Bhastrika, is remarkable.

The version that I like the most is the first version of JC Stevens's book (it's not Ashok). The reason is that when you move the head upwards (starting from the chest) helps you raise the energy, and after the Kumbhaka and the mental hits towards the heart chakra where you lower your head, the head is kept down for the rest of the exhalation.

However in the medulla variant, while you inhale the head is leveled to the ground, and after the mental strike to the heart chakra, the head is raised while exhaling the rest of the breath. This last part for me is unnatural, since the energy tends to go up if I raise the head, but when exhaling it should go back to the first chakra.

NOTE: this is not an explanation on how to perform the technique. They are explained in J.C.Stevens's book

Edited by - Will Power on Nov 17 2013 06:09:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  06:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way I read that J.C.Stevens's book is now in Spanish too!
Go to Top of Page

Indigo

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2013 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Willpower! It is always good to read of the practices and findings that work for each one of us that practices Kriya. As it has been stated before, my thoughts is that Kriya is not a one size fits all method. We need to experiment with the various methods and discover what truly works for us and be ready and willing to make changes along the way when necessary.

Good to hear J. C. Steven's book is available in Spanish now. I have it in English. It has come in handy on a few occasions when I wanted to clarify how a method can be done such as mahamudra and the practice of continuous Thokar. Right now I will stay with the regular once round head rotation instead of the more advanced form of multiple head rotations as is described in Steven's book as continuous Thokar.

Peace and love from the brother!
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2013 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Indigo!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  8:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Willpower,

are you still into Ashok's kriya? If yes, would you like to update your experiences with his kriya? It would be very nice :)

Thank you very much,
love friend
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000