Yoga and Relationships
 Energy interactions between practitioners
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  6:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

"Energy interactions" between practitioners has been a topic of discussion in the forum recently, and there has been an email correspondence here on it as well. With permission, I am copying it as a Q&A below, with an eye toward making the distinction between a targeted energy interaction and a natural one occurring in stillness. It is an important distinction to make.

The guru is in you.

-------------------------------

Q1: I was wondering if you felt/perceived the energy interactions with/between AYP members?

A1: Sure, but doing my best to keep a low profile. Spiritual unfoldment is about the practitioners' purification and opening within themselves, not primarily about the energy flowing between them. Refining energy dynamics are an effect of awakening, enriching life through the rising flow of divine love in stillness. For sure, most of us are not in it only for the unmanifest (abiding inner silence) side of it, but it is good not to mistake the effect for the cause. :-)

Q2: Thanks for your response. :-) Would you mind if I stopped by and felt/shared the “light” that flows through you?

A2: It is a common thing that people want here. I do not encourage it or indulge in it. I much prefer to be in relation with the whole in stillness (samyama). Much less complicated, and supportive in a non-invasive way. I suggest you do the same.

Q3: Once again, thanks for your response. So, you do not see any value in sharing states of knowledge with things like "light transmissions" or with communion? More primordial paths like Bon, Dzogchen and some gnostic Christian?

I also ask because of the "guru-like" connections that seem to happen on their own as discussed in the forum recently. It also happened to me a couple times before I had a clue what was going on.

A3: There is plenty of communion associated with AYP of the transcendent kind I mentioned. That is different from the kind of the one-on-one energy interaction you are suggesting, which is not part of the AYP baseline approach, and for good reasons. That does not prevent anyone from doing their own investigations in that area. But I can neither predict nor vouch for the quality or consistency of the results.

Q4: Could you share what you mean regarding "for good reasons"? To me, a light transmission is the same as Samyama. I can see the point regarding "energy", but i don't understand once the energy & silence have become one (light). It seems that is the same as a prayer.

Is it that you have had specific issues? Or, is it possible that we are talking about different things?

Thanks for sharing your insight. :-)

A4: No, it is not the same thing. A personal transmission of "light" is not a natural expression of divine flow in stillness (samyama).

Projecting an individual energy connection is outside the realm of stillness (and outside the AYP baseline), and from a spiritual point of view can be filled with hazards. Nothing wrong with seeking intimacy, personal friendships and helping others, but when it gets into purposefully entering into another person's inner energies for whatever reason, it can quickly become energy interloping, invited or not. And with some people it can easily become a possession-like co-dependent situation. It is not much of an issue here, since I am constantly inundated with such incursions, and deflect them routinely. It goes with the territory. But you should be careful about pushing this sort of thing on others who may be vulnerable, even if they are willing. It can become a sticky situation for all concerned. I know your intentions are good, but you are going about it in the wrong way. From the get-go, it is not samyama (releasing in stillness), because you are grasping for it.

It is very simple really. You have asked about a one-on-one connection several times, and the answer is a respectful no thank you. The suggestion is to let it go.

Keep in mind that I am asked about many modalities outside the AYP baseline every week, and it is impossible to address them all in detail, nor should I have to. I'm the AYP guy, remember? Not the all-knowing sage. :-) That is why I wrote Lesson 384. In this case, I am offering a word of caution, and that is as far as it goes. A word to the wise is usually sufficient. The rest is up to you.

Q5: I apologize if my you have found my followup questions to be annoying. I was not advocating (or pushing) for anything. It is just that I get the feeling that we may be talking about two different things, so I asked some clarifying questions. As an example, my experience with light is that it just flows through, rather than such a thing as a personal version. But, you have made yourself clear about the discussion. :-)

A5: Actually, it is not a "flow through" when directed toward someone else, particularly when used to influence the energy of another. It is a "flow to." Directed energy is not the same as true flow through energy, which has no object. Samyama has no object beyond touching the sutra or name and letting go in stillness, and that's it.

We all would like to fancy ourselves as remote healers or shaktipat gurus, but true remote healing and shaktipat have nothing to do with targeting someone. It is the recipient who does the targeting by becoming receptive, and the source does absolutely nothing. A source does not even have to be identified or localized, because a receptive recipient will attract divine energy from everywhere. That is the essence of bhakti -- surrender to the divine in a perceived form, or non-form, and grace comes from everywhere. It's got little to do with the form or the source (except as perceived by the bhakta). It's got everything to do with the recipient.

Still, we tend to assign the flow of grace to someone or something, because most of us think in terms of sources -- someone or something must be doing this for me, and I can surrender to that one. It is natural, and effective. But it is not natural to assume we are a source with the power to influence the destiny of others, either as a directed flow through, or in particular ways. It is a road to less, like the intentional application of any kind of siddhi is. Again, if you are aiming it at someone, it is intentional, and that is not the same as releasing in stillness. It is an important point, especially for those who are feeling their internal energy oats, light, or whatever. With that comes responsibility. Responsibility to do what? To let it go in stillness. Then we put ourselves in the best position to do the most good ... less is more.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  11:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for posting this, Yogani. The candor and straightforwardness of this dialogue speaks volumes about the open-source nature of AYP, and how enlightenment is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime, anyhow. This body of knowledge, and the resulting community which has formed around it, reveals the freedom from the pitfalls of traditional hierachies and personality worship.

"It is not much of an issue here, since I am constantly inundated with such incursions, and deflect them routinely."

I may get this ninja-like pronouncement tattooed on my chest, perhaps with some picturesque medieval armor surrounding the epic and ever-so-subtle heroic text. 'Tis spoken like a true warrior.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  11:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

We all would like to fancy ourselves as remote healers or shaktipat gurus, but true remote healing and shaktipat have nothing to do with targeting someone.

I agree with all that you have said in this exchange, including the quoted selection above... but I wonder if you wouldn't share a bit about how this all relates for those that appear to be facilitating healings and/or awakenings? I realize that the experiences people have in the presence of someone who is "awake" is directly proportionate to their degree of openness, but what exactly is a healer doing that is resulting in other's awakening and/or healing if not purposefully directing/intending energy "outwards."

This wasn't very well stated as I wrote it in three separate sittings (while simultaneously shopping at Costco, eating birthday cake and putting my 3yr old to bed ), but hopefully you can read between the lines and infer what I am trying to ask.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  01:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It is the recipient who does the targeting by becoming receptive, and the source does absolutely nothing. A source does not even have to be identified or localized, because a receptive recipient will attract divine energy from everywhere. That is the essence of bhakti -- surrender to the divine in a perceived form, or non-form, and grace comes from everywhere. It's got little to do with the form or the source (except as perceived by the bhakta). It's got everything to do with the recipient.

love it
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  10:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It is not much of an issue here, since I am constantly inundated with such incursions, and deflect them routinely. It goes with the territory.

Hi Yogani,

Can you please explain how you deflect the incursions? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  11:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Yogani,

quote:

We all would like to fancy ourselves as remote healers or shaktipat gurus, but true remote healing and shaktipat have nothing to do with targeting someone.

I agree with all that you have said in this exchange, including the quoted selection above... but I wonder if you wouldn't share a bit about how this all relates for those that appear to be facilitating healings and/or awakenings? I realize that the experiences people have in the presence of someone who is "awake" is directly proportionate to their degree of openness, but what exactly is a healer doing that is resulting in other's awakening and/or healing if not purposefully directing/intending energy "outwards."

This wasn't very well stated as I wrote it in three separate sittings (while simultaneously shopping at Costco, eating birthday cake and putting my 3yr old to bed ), but hopefully you can read between the lines and infer what I am trying to ask.

Hi Carson:

Ah, the time of life when it is all about multi-tasking.

IMO, true healing or shaktipat that may appear to be "directed" toward someone by another involves nothing more than picking up an intention and releasing it in stillness, which is samyama. Then it all comes through natural divine flow, which, as mentioned, is more about the opening-surrender of the recipient than the source, which is also samyama. So the whole thing, the surrendering of intentions in both recipient and source happens in stillness. That is a divine, morally self-regulating process. When personal intention is injected into the process, as many energy healers and "gurus" do, stuff can also happen, but there is no telling where it might end up, even with the best of intentions. Unfortunately, with personalities involved, some form of co-dependence can be the result. This is why we should be careful about hooking up with those who promote themselves as being "healers" or "gurus." And we should also be cautious about those who propose casual energy interactions.

That is the key point being made about energy interactions. There are energy interactions between persons, which have all sorts of agendas wrapped up in them leading to who knows what, and there are interactions in stillness, which are beyond personal agendas. It is a big difference.

This does not mean we should avoid relationships. Obviously, we all need relationships and benefit greatly from them. However, relationships can be formed on many levels, with the gradual development of trust and shared intimacy leading to more fulfillment. That does not usually apply to first time contact with people we run across on the internet, or anywhere else. Energy interactions can run deep, and can be binding, so there should be an appropriate amount of preliminaries undertaken before we submit ourselves to the energy of another.

Casual energy interactions are sort of like casual sex -- no telling where it might end up, hopefully not where the practitioner found herself in Lesson T73, where it took a difficult choice to finally move on. If possible, better to avoid these situations before they happen.

Where samyama is in use, the pitfalls are much less, and the natural evolutionary power is much more. The picking up and releasing of an intention in stillness can be very broad, or quite specific. Either way, the flow is available unconditionally, assuming there is abiding inner silence available to begin with. This relates to the samyama healing program we have here, where we are picking up an entire list and/or specific individuals. Either way, recipients will receive according to their receptiveness.

As Jesus said when given credit for a healing, "Your faith has made you whole."

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  11:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas

quote:

It is not much of an issue here, since I am constantly inundated with such incursions, and deflect them routinely. It goes with the territory.

Hi Yogani,

Can you please explain how you deflect the incursions? Thank you.

Hi Chas:

That's an easy one. I release them in stillness. Then whatever they were about is automatically exploded in divine love.

But that is not going to stop me from giving someone a lecture on the hazards of dabbling in intentional energy interactions, no matter how "luminous" or "divine" the energy seems to be.

The guru is in you.

PS: This way of releasing and transforming any sort of invasive or possessive energy is not out of reach of anyone who has been meditating for a while and has familiarity with the principles of samyama, both which are covered in the AYP writings. This is an ability anyone can develop. And there are many other practical benefits as well.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  2:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:

IMO, true healing or shaktipat that may appear to be "directed" toward someone by another involves nothing more than picking up an intention and releasing it in stillness, which is samyama.

Thank you for sharing/clarifying your opinion for me, I truly appreciate it.

In my opinion, your original interaction could (easily) be interpreted as saying that a "healer" doesn't do *anything* and that all healing that takes place is the result of the receiver's openness. But your clarification here lines up much better with my personal experience when you say that the "healer" does nothing *other than* picking up an intention and releasing it in stillness. That may not be much (or appear that way) but it is still *something.*

I have personally had opportunities to try both "sending healing" (a directed energy "blast") and undirected, agenda-less, samyama style intention-releasing healings... both had positive results, but I can see how the agenda-less releasing can be more effective as there are no mental boundaries on the "release" that are restricting how the energy is "used."

Thanks again for taking the time to share this interaction and answer these follow up questions.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  8:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani & All,

Thank you for sharing your experience and point of view.

would love to hear your opinion about bonding that happens without any intention to transmit energy / receive energy from both sides? It's just as it is!Soul Bond.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  8:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Hello Yogani & All,

Thank you for sharing your experience and point of view.

would love to hear your opinion about bonding that happens without any intention to transmit energy / receive energy from both sides? It's just as it is!Soul Bond.

Love.

Hi Namath:

I believe there is choice involved when such a connection is noticed -- "yes" or "no" whether to identify with it as a "bond" or not. It may not be a conscious choice, but still a choice that happens on some level in us. It may be our own self-amplified energy we are getting all excited about!

Maybe it is an old connection from a previous time. Maybe not. Either way, if we are meditating and accessing deeper levels of our consciousness, we can see much better what it is and choose to continue the bond or not, in stillness. Often times it is merely an infatuation that will pass. And if it isn't, there may well be reasons not to engage in deliberately amplifying such an energy anyway. Life circumstances and preferences on both sides should be considered and respected. It is not truly a "bond" if one person wants to engage and the other does not, is it?

I am not much for the "soul mate" thing. Successful relationships are not found coming out of the ether. They are made through conscious effort, surrender and dedicated service to others who are in our life. See Lesson 98.

Given the extraordinary length of time human evolution has been going on, perhaps many of us have been mated at one time or other. Does that mean we have to drop everything and dive into the appearance of a bond every time one comes up in the energy field? No, we have a choice. The key is to bring ourselves to a level of consciousness where we can see what it really is and choose whether to proceed or not, depending on the practical circumstances in our life.

There are many bonds in the sea of life. The question is, which is the best one to be living now? It may well be the life we are already in. Likely so, especially if we have made important commitments. The grass may seem greener on the other side of the fence, especially if there is a little neon glimmering over there, but it rarely is what it seems to be at first glance. Don't be fooled.

On the other hand, if one hasn't settled in yet in this life and is looking, then why not if the other is looking too? Birds of a feather flock together, and all that. But, even then, there are probably more reasons not to pursue a particular bond than to do so. No matter how much "zing" there might be in such an energy experience, it will end up being a practical matter sooner or later, like everything else in life. Better to dance a little, and if that seems good, consider next steps. If the dance is not happening, probably better to move on.

The same thing goes for perceived guru/disciple bonds, or any other kind of relationship. Okay, there is the energy. Now what? Does it actually make sense to follow this? ... Like that.

When we are young and unattached, we can afford to take a few flying leaps. But later on, it is not so easy. We can't follow everything. So choose wisely.

Just my two cents on the subject. Take it for what it is worth.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  01:50:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So much Love,truth and compassion behind your words. I thank you :)

Yoganiji .This is not what I feel towards this soul bond.It's definitely not for a personal gain.It makes no difference if we mate or not in life although the love is there.... But my feeling this bond is meant for a higher purpose in this part of the world....So much light is needed over here.When this bond vibes spread out...It's beautiful to lay back to witness state and watch ...This has nothing to do with physically being with that individual or not :)

"Just my two cents on the subject."
It's a million dollar answer for me

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing Yogani. Very interesting conversation

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  06:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OMG !

We are not supposed to blast anyone with Energy??! Ops! I have been 'blasting' my very very difficult father (92 yrs old) with Love Energy for the past three months (also been releasing him in Samyama for the past 2 years) and everybody is exclaiming how much calmer and nicer he is - finally 'lovable'. And I have been chuckling to myself.
Even if I did it with Jesus presence and help?

- back to Samyama

Thank you, Yogani - a very enlightening topic.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  12:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
....lol

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 27 2013 :  3:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And what about the Phowa technique, where you visualize an enlightened being like Jesus etc. giving light to someone? That may be harmful for you too?

When I try to disolve someone into light I perceive ecstatic conductivity in the heart chakra, very pleasing, and I thought that it was a good result of a good action.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000