Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Physiological Effects of Kechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:44:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can someone give some details as to how kechari affects the physiology of the body, both short and long term? For example on metabolism, hormones etc...

How long can one potentially stay in kechari? Is that what yogis use to stay in meditation for like years at a time? Does it put the body into sort of a "hibernation mode"? If so, maybe I'll use it to bypass the long winters here in Canada

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  11:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is an interesting question. I have heard that bears keep their tongues locked in an upward position like Kechari during their hibernation period, is this true?
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  2:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Actually now that you mention it, I remember reading somewhere about frogs doing that as well.
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From "Kundalini Tantra" by Swami Nityananda Saraswati, p184:

"...by this practice (kechari), the drops from bindu chakra fall to vishuddhi chakra and subsequently permeate the whole bodily system. These drops of nectar mjaintain the nutrition and vitality of the bodily tissue while simultaneously arresting the metabolic proceses of the body. When the metabolism of the cells and and tissues are suspended inthis way, oxygen is no longer required and cellular wastes are not produced. Therefore, the person who hibernates can live without without breathing for quite an extended period of time. Even the facial hair does not grow during the period of hibernation.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that sounds lovely. personally i haven't experienced this. I still breathe when practicing kechari and while it does help meditation i can't say that I have experienced any specific drops of nectar. Maybe in a few years more of practice. never know
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not doing kechari, and I don't think I have the nectar mentioned since I don't have any profound change in my body. But since a few months ago (2-3 months after I started the AYP practices), I constantly experience some coldness, some mint-like, very thin layer of moist on my throat and sometimes extends to the back inner part of my nose.

Nothing special, however. I am still producing as much wasting and taking in as much food as before. And I am still a skeptic, other than agreeing that meditation is good for our health and our mind in a mild way.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  12:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've read this nectar to be the Soma of the Vedas which is clothed in symbolism as a concentrated nectar from a vine. That vine is us and the concentration is our yoga. I've been accessing kechari 2, 3 and 4 for some time now and haven't yet drank nectar. I am learning patience as I dive daily into deepening my practice. No matter if nectar falls, I am gaining great benefit of increasing Peace in my life. One day all things will come to fruition together.

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  4:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tasted the nectar, but not from kechari. I experienced it from drinking water out of a camelbak. It tasted good, but wasn't anything special as far as I could tell. I haven't tasted it for like 7 or 8 months now.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000