Enlightenment Milestones
 cough and tickling throat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  2:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
well i am not sure if this is some sort of purification in the throat chakra or just an extremely mild cold but since yesterday i have been feeling the following:
yesterday during the day there was tickling in the throat then it disappeared

today no tickling but a bit of mucus is coming from the right nostril...but it is very mild...i only used around 10/15 kleenex all day long ie nothing....i have fits of sudden extreme heat sensations followed by extreme cold sensations and goosebumps

now when i sat for samyama practice (my only sitting practice these days) the tickling appeared again and it was very strong and i had to cough ....the cough happened twice it was coming from the throat

after the practice the tickling and cough disappeared....there is ecstasy in the body (but no overload)...a bit of goosebumps too

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  3:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like some minor throat purification to me. This often happens to people that participate in the group meditations I lead. People that have trouble with expressing themselves often end up in coughing fits during the meditations. I'm sure this will go away soon enough.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2013 :  4:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx Carson
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  01:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
during the night as i was asleep i would wake up for few seconds and feel the throat tickling...nothing unpleasant...i had good sleep too
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  03:16:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
few updates....the cough and tickling throat happen everytime i do my sitting practices which are currently only 5 min breath meditation and samyama...it is amazing how the body reacts just on time,after doing 20 min of asanas and at the exact moment i sit crossed legged to do my sitting practices i get the cough and tickling throat....it is not really a cough. i just feel the tickling in the throat building up so i have to cough a bit to clear it ...
also everynow and then i feel extreme coldness in the hands and feet although the weather now is very mild...followed by few hours of runny nose

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 24 2013 03:17:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also there is a bit of phlegm....congested voice....but it is not a real cold....i mean it is very mild yet yet is there!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  12:55:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari,

I would agree with Carson. Things like that can definitely happen with purification around the throat chakra.

Best wishes, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2013 :  1:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u Jeff
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  07:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha,
Bringing back an old thread...

How did this finally go away? Were you able to draw any conclusions? Was it purification around the throat area?

I havent had a cough or cold in years - then suddenly with hayfever symptoms I have also developed a tickly cough - which has just gone on and on. I would not have normally thought too much about it - but this is also accompanied by the tingling / minty feeling in the front of the throat and sometimes in the chest... so now wondering ...

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2013 :  2:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello mathurs
these symptoms stopped few weeks ago only....i think it was purification because for several months every time i started my sitting practices the tickling in the throat would appear...in daily life i am outspoken but this has increased even more...the words that come out now are very precise ...much more than before and in new fields that i did not know i had any interest in
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2013 :  04:22:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Maha!
My symptoms are not limited to practice time. I have a dry and horrible cough But the familiar tingling sesation ( like the one I am used to getting on the forehead and crown) contiues.
Will see how it goes....
Good to hear you are better now with great results as well !
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha and Mathurs,

Have been experiencing this for a while also. I'm finding that the slightest disagreement between what I'm feeling and what I'm expressing will bring on a coughing fit. It seems like I'm being forced to be in tune with the truth, and for feeling, thought and action to be completely aligned at all times. Also, this alignment is not about mind-based moralistic/ethical "shoulds" and "should nots", but what actually "is" at any given moment. If any of that mind-based stuff comes up, the coughing gets worse. And I find that the deepest, most subtle truth is always in line with peace, joy and non-harming to all involved.

I also have throat itching and a coughing fit if I raise my voice in irritation, immediately cutting off my voice/tone. The throat irritation will persist until the irritation subsides - great barometer actually. I'm learning to recognize the beginnings of this tickling and release it in samyama, along with whatever is underlying. This throat thing is teaching me to pause before speaking, and to express only the deepest truth or not at all. For my impulsive nature, this is exactly what was needed.

Love to you both.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2013 :  11:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wowwww dear Kami...i am loving this throat barometer! it is amazing to see how 1 experience(throat itching) can have so many nuances....i guess everyone gets the nuance he/she needs in order to evolve according to his/her own set of neurobiological matrix of obstructions
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2013 :  12:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever happend to cough syrup if you have a tickly cough ?!
Thanks for your input - both!
Mine is combined with the amrita production and the tingling and tickling throat carries on. It doesn't help that I also suffer from hayfever
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  3:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and the tickling and cough are back only during sitting practices
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2013 :  6:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

and the tickling and cough are back only during sitting practices

Isn't it funny Maha how every time we think "it is this way", it immediately changes?

Love to you.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2013 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hehehe....jump in to the unknown
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2013 :  02:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and it is back :) tickling throat ,light cough and a bit runny nose
10 days ago i felt too much electric energy and waves of ecstasy in the body and tension in daily life, so i stopped the sitting practices for 1 week and grounded myself very well...2 days ago i resumed the sitting practices (removing the last added practice before the overload) ..
so far no overlaod , only the tickling throat reappeared....based on past experience it will stay for 2/3 days :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2013 :  03:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it seems this mucus and sinus are always happening on and off
so i digged my neti pot and started regular jala neti
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000