AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Going Up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  5:48:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi

I don't do meditation anymore...I just repeat the name of Allah few times before I get out of bed in the morning and before sleeping.

One instance I was repeating Allah's name...Another instance "IAM" was repeated automatically & all I did was hearing it...& I started lifting from my upper head <no joking>!...As if part of me left my human body & up there I could feel an Awe presence "seems like Ma is waiting up there "...I consciously stopped the whole process...felt a little fear from the unknown.

If it ever happens again...Is it wise to let go!...or run away as fast as I can

plz don't tell me it's scenery...etc I know that already...I just want to confirm I'll be alright right?

Love.

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  10:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

Have full faith and let go. Blessings to you.

Love +
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  06:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff,

I'm a bit concerned because AYP doesn't encourage giving attention to crown chakra.

With this pull,the eyes were automatically rolled up.

Ramana doesn't mention there's anything up there too...he always pointed his devotees towards spiritual heart.

there was a similar pull inside the chest before but it never repeated itself.

In Both,there's an instance when there's no more control and things are happening by themselves...A bit alerting

Thank you.

Love & blessings Reciprocated
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  08:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will know what you have to do if it happens again.

There are checks and balances within us (the mind/blocks/fears/openings)that will take us where we need to go when we are ready to go (be it crown or heart or merge with the divine). Before that the "mind" will hold us back... that is what the mind is there for... and when we have let go the fear of whatever it is that is holding us back... then we experience it and it feels like nothing... at that point we lose our need to ask/talk about it.

PS: Speaking form my experience... it may be different for others.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  08:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

I would agree with Shanti. What we are is "beyond" the mind.

As Yogani says in the lessens, when one is ready, there is a natural flow to the crown.

Peace & Love,

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  08:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namah,

Are you doing any spiritual practices apart from repeating the name of Allah?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  11:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

... at that point we lose our need to ask/talk about it.

Such wise and sound words!!

Could not agree more. Thank you Shanti

Dear Namath,

In any of these magnificent experiences, there is the ever-present underlying opportunity to look beyond. Whatever it is that comes up in any given moment is the perfect guru for that moment. Sure, you can prepare your mind for the probability of this exact experience of levitation being repeated (or countless other variations of it), but that gets into the subtle area of not "yielding" to whatever arises. If fear is what the mind is experiencing, that is the "thing" to examine - be with it, become it. Only then will it lead you to what lies beyond. Resisting it to see what is "up there" will only keep the fear coming back until it is fully faced.

My advice to you would be to enjoy it, but don't get too hung up on it (as you already know, it is scenery )

Good luck to you on your path
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  1:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kami & All,

I know what the fear is & I already mentioned it.It's the continuous warnings in AYP not to come close to crown Chakra.Add to it few other factors:

1-Read not so pleasant experiences in AYP forum about people sharing crown opening....<not attractive >

2-I experienced what you called Levitation...few days after starting AYP practices "Almost 3 years back".I shared this with Ananda.He didn't say anything but I could read a big concern on his face "Sorry Ananda to mention you .."

3-the two times I went to Tiru,I was experiencing intense light in my head most of the time ...Till one day i decided to experiment with it ...I found out i could knock down things just by intention & directing the light in my head to the intended object...Quiet a surprise! no one mentioned this to me before!

All these factors made me not want to go there anymore.

Shanti...speaking about experiences don't necessarily comes out of fear...Sharing is caring . E.g: the green light Realm Post

Christi,Repeat Allah's name,Pray & Self inquiry if it comes naturally...I don't impose Self inquiry on myself or make it a mental manipulation...It's more like a step back into Ramana's arms.

Samyama like taught in AYP...but I amended it into only three : Peace,Love & Happiness

Thank you for your inputs everybody

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  1:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi!almost forgot I do AYP Asanas Kit whenever I feel like "Once a day or every few days ....I taught it to half the nation by now "
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Namath

Shanti...speaking about experiences don't necessarily comes out of fear...Sharing is caring . E.g: the green light Realm Post

True.. speaking/sharing about experiences does not (always) come from fear... I was not saying that... what I was saying is needing to ask or share comes, while the mind finds something fascinating... once it is seen through, there no longer is a "need" for it. Does not mean we don't ever talk about it... when a question arises and it has to be discussed, it is (like the green light topic).

I was addressing your question If it ever happens again...Is it wise to let go!...or run away as fast as I can with You will know what you have to do if it happens again.
and your question I just want to confirm I'll be alright right? with the rest.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  2:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Dear Kami & All,

I know what the fear is & I already mentioned it.It's the continuous warnings in AYP not to come close to crown Chakra.Add to it few other factors:

1-Read not so pleasant experiences in AYP forum about people sharing crown opening....<not attractive >

2-I experienced what you called Levitation...few days after starting AYP practices "Almost 3 years back".I shared this with Ananda.He didn't say anything but I could read a big concern on his face "Sorry Ananda to mention you .."

3-the two times I went to Tiru,I was experiencing intense light in my head most of the time ...Till one day i decided to experiment with it ...I found out i could knock down things just by intention & directing the light in my head to the intended object...Quiet a surprise! no one mentioned this to me before!

All these factors made me not want to go there anymore.

Christi,Repeat Allah's name,Pray & Self inquiry if it comes naturally...I don't impose Self inquiry on myself or make it a mental manipulation...It's more like a step back into Ramana's arms.

Samyama like taught in AYP...but I amended it into only three : Peace,Love & Happiness

Thank you for your inputs everybody

Dear Namath,

Unpleasant crown opening is indeed an issue - if it is premature. If it happens on its own (as it may be in your case), it is natural and expected.

On your other experiences, they sound wonderful, and you are truly and blessedly wired for such abilities. But as you already know as Ramana's disciple, none of these experiences or abilities equate to knowing one's true nature. To me, what seems more telling than the actual experience is the resistance to it, which in this particular instance, is fear. Hence the advise to investigate it.

Much love

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  3:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I cried reading your first reply Shanti...It felt like a 'shut Up! ".I usually send back "Double shut up" but never to my Shanti ....Thank you for clarification.

Kami you're right.Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  4:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Namath,

The warnings in AYP are about doing crown practices too early. What happened to you was an experience, rather than a crown practice. A crown practice is something you do every day as part of your sadhana.

The AYP practices are actually designed to activate and open the crown chakra fully, so it is no surprise that it is happening. As Kami says, when it starts to happen naturally, it is the right time. That doesn't necessarily mean it is also the right time to begin crown practices though. That would be a question answered by reading lesson 199 and following it through.

So don't let the warnings about crown practices in AYP cause you to experience fear when you experience things going on at the top of your head. Fear will come anyway at times, because one of the main sensations at the crown is one of letting go, and that tends to be what us humans are most afraid of. Gradually the letting go is into pure bliss consciousness and then there is no fear anymore.

The sensation of rising up is caused by something called the udana vayu. It is one of the 5 main pranas of the body. It means that prana is flowing strongly in the brahma nadi and the higher centres are active.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2013 :  7:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I cried reading your first reply Shanti...It felt like a 'shut Up! ".I usually send back "Double shut up" but never to my Shanti ....Thank you for clarification.

You know me better than that Namath. I would never tell anyone to shut up! Ever!
(((())))

The first AYP retreat in PA we had talked about how the mind keeps fears in place.
I had told my story about my abuse and how I would keep it in a closet (was afraid how people would judge me based on that), and only tell people, small versions of it (never the whole truth), who I wanted attention from. It got me sympathy and lots of attention. When I was ready to let it go, I saw how I would use the story to manipulate people. I then spoke about it openly at the forum. My mind fought me as it was a tool I had that I could us use to manipulate people with, also telling the truth about what I really felt and also about the manipulation, may get many to judge me badly for it (if you read the post,, it's called Abuse, Guilt and letting go, you will know what I mean), But when it was out in the open, when I let it out of the closet and let light shine on it... it dissolved. The weight I carried of hiding the story, dissolved in the light. It never came back again and I never found it necessary to "talk" about it again, unless it was required in a discussion or I am going through some more purification on it.

Someone asked, "well how do you know when to talk about something, and when not". The answer was, if we talk about something to get love and attention(or push people away) then better to stop entertaining the mind with that. But if we know that talking about it will help release it, then we speak from the heart, not the ego/mind with only half truths that will help get attention.

Not saying you are speaking to get attention.. I believe everyone speaks genuinely from where they are (I only know what's true in me)... I accept every word anyone says is true, because it is true to them. My line " Before that the "mind" will hold us back... that is what the mind is there for... and when we have let go the fear of whatever it is that is holding us back... then we experience it and it feels like nothing... at that point we lose our need to ask/talk about it. " was in context with when we are ready to let go and speak from the heart, our "need" to talk about things go away.

Love my dear!
Would never tell anyone to not speak about their fears... not speaking about them keeps them more in place.

Hope this helps clarify where I was coming from.

PS: and what Kami and Christi have said about AYP and the crown is true... When we are ready, it will happen naturally and there is nothing to fear.

PPS: Thank you for not double shut up-ing me!
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  04:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

thank you.

As you said,I'm sure energy is flowing higher in upper centres....As I tend to hear dialogues & full conversations...see images that have no relation to me personally. I'm lefting feeling "Ha!"

Hi Shanti,

Thank you for sharing your experience

"PS: Thank you for not double shut up-ing me! "

Never!

There's so much gratitude towards your person that i would shut myself up instead

About myself,Fear comes as a cautious alarm sometimes but I have no guilt at all!I sort things on the spot and what can't be solved I hand it to God to take care of.

I come from here:

"Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust. "Surah Altaubah

Much Love

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  09:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I come from here:

"Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust. "Surah Altaubah

Very, very wise words.

Or maybe... Surf the wave. All that can really happen is that you get wet.

Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2013 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000