Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Can an awaken Kundalini kill you? I'm scared help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  4:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
On AYP Leson 125 there is the following paragraph:

"Metaphorically speaking, Shakti is seeking her mate, Shiva, everywhere in our body. She purifies (housecleans) as she continues her hunt for Shiva. If he does not show up, she will get more and more frantic and raise all sorts of trouble inside us."

I also got this text from the Internet:

"Before telling of his struggle with the aftermath of his Kundalini Awakening, Gopi Krishna gives us a description of Prana and the Nadi (yoga) indicating that the Kundalini results in an increase of prana, or the Subtle Energy which controls and regulates all bodily functions. The danger of turning up the voltage soon became apparent to Gopi Krishna a few days after his awakening. He portrays his sensations with painful images like "a jet of molten copper...dashed against my crown" (50). He was sick and tired and felt awful. About two months after awakening the Kundalini Gopi Krishna believed he was about to die. He had been in agonizing pain for hours, and had barely eaten or slept since his first experience. In his last throws of pain he had a thought; perhaps he had risen the kundalini serpent up the pingala instead of the central nadi Sushumna. Focusing all his attention he forced the Kundalini through the Sushumna, saving his life. Krishna felt the burning pain cease, and burning flame in his skull was replaced by blissful radiance."

It's the fourth day since I stopped meditating, SBP and everything else and I still feel this burning sensation in my back and ecstasy in all my chakras an irradiating to other parts of my body. It's not that strong, but I'd say it's not weak as well.

My question is: if my Kundalini is permanently awaken, does it mean I will get in trouble in a near future if I don't reach enlightment?

Please, help me. I'm scared!

Thank you!

apatride

New Caledonia
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  5:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit apatride's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi digofarias, apparently you're experiencing some side effects due to purification in your nervous system. It's great because it means that your practices are working.

Maybe you should keep practicing only deep meditation for a while, 10 minutes twice a day, and keep self-pacing that way until it all gets back to normal. Deep meditation installs inner silence, which helps to manage energies.

Don't push too hard though, and self-pace. I don't think it will get worse than it is now. If it does, self-pace to 5 min of deep meditation twice a day and see if it helps.

If self-pace doesn't help, I think it's ok to stop practicing until you feel better and reassured.

It's normal to be scared but given what you're witnessing, I don't think you should worry that much. In Gopi Krishna's story, Kundalini awakening is far more intense that what you're feeling.

Practice safely and let us know how you're doing.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2013 :  6:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good advice from apatride!

Also, make sure you ground, walk, eat heavier, stay away from spiritual things (book, music, videos), get a massage, talk to friends, keep your mind busy and off the symptoms, don't focus on the energy,ecstasy, burning... keep yourself and your mind busy.

What you feel is very normal, and like Apatride said, it shows than things are working. The heat is nothing to worry about, nor is the ecstasy... people work for years to experience those things. What you have is a gift (you know it is shakti/Devi/the goddess coursing through you that is making you feel this)... don't ruin it with fear. Fear is the hardest thing to get over. Accept it as a gift and do whatever you can to ground.

What you experience is new to you, but it is perfectly normal and actually a good sign. It will not cause you any harm, unless you keep practicing and pushing the energy... which you are not.

Please Digofarias, don't be scared. It is OK. We would have told you if things were really bad, but what you experience is not bad... please put your mind at ease and do whatever is needed to ground. Also the fullmoon is this weekend, it generally increases energy levels, so stay away from any energy practices till the full moon passes.
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  3:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys! It's because I'm a beginner and I know nothing about Kundalini and the purification processs. I can feel my body is better than before but I don't want to risk my life eating stuff I thought I could still eat, for example. Do you think I can still keep my old diet? For example, I used to have ice cream once a week because it's very warm where I live. Do you think it would be ok? Sometimes I add condensed milk topping this sort of thing. Is it ok to eat fish/chicken? I have no idea and I don't want to risk my life.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  4:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ice cream once a week is fine!
Fish/chicken is fine as well if it is a part of your regular diet.

Take a look a this lesson...
http://www.aypsite.org/305.html

On the spiritual side it is just the same. We eat according to our preferences, favoring what we know will improve our health and well being. A vegetarian diet may gradually emerge in our life as we move ahead, but only if we are naturally inclined that way.

Forced diets are not the best diets, because they introduce stress and self-judgment. The first chance it gets, the body rushes back to the old diet. This is why regimented diet programs rarely work over the long run. It has to come from within. The same goes for morality-based diets – avoiding certain foods for moral reasons. Our rising spiritual instincts will guide us more harmoniously than rules of conduct or rigid ideologies imposed externally.

If we are meditating regularly, we will find that, in time, we will be drawn to a lighter, more nutritious diet. Our preferences will change naturally. And we can trust that. The body knows what it needs to sustain the process of purification and opening fostered by deep meditation. As inner silence (pure bliss consciousness) rises, our eating habits will change accordingly.

Daily deep meditation will naturally lead us in that direction. A preoccupation with diet is not an aid to meditation, or to anything else in life. So we take it easy and meditate twice each day. If we do that, the diet will take care of itself.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2013 :  4:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Check this lesson too.
http://www.aypsite.org/304.html
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2013 :  1:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

I hope my previous comment on your last post was not a reason for the fear now.

All I meant was to be aware with energy practices.

I also regret sharing my experience because it's a personal journey depending on my inner obstacles & it doesn't mean everyone including you will experience the same.

Also few months after starting AYP,I had Kechari 3,Mula bandha & Sambhavi in my SP...I was enjoying the ecstasy ride......till

Just felt you're a sensitive practitioner like I am & wanted you to have a smoother journey...by no mean fear is needed...there's nothing to fear.

Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2013 :  1:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by digofarias

On AYP Leson 125 there is the following paragraph:

"Metaphorically speaking, Shakti is seeking her mate, Shiva, everywhere in our body. She purifies (housecleans) as she continues her hunt for Shiva. If he does not show up, she will get more and more frantic and raise all sorts of trouble inside us."

I also got this text from the Internet:

"Before telling of his struggle with the aftermath of his Kundalini Awakening, Gopi Krishna gives us a description of Prana and the Nadi (yoga) indicating that the Kundalini results in an increase of prana, or the Subtle Energy which controls and regulates all bodily functions. The danger of turning up the voltage soon became apparent to Gopi Krishna a few days after his awakening. He portrays his sensations with painful images like "a jet of molten copper...dashed against my crown" (50). He was sick and tired and felt awful. About two months after awakening the Kundalini Gopi Krishna believed he was about to die. He had been in agonizing pain for hours, and had barely eaten or slept since his first experience. In his last throws of pain he had a thought; perhaps he had risen the kundalini serpent up the pingala instead of the central nadi Sushumna. Focusing all his attention he forced the Kundalini through the Sushumna, saving his life. Krishna felt the burning pain cease, and burning flame in his skull was replaced by blissful radiance."

It's the fourth day since I stopped meditating, SBP and everything else and I still feel this burning sensation in my back and ecstasy in all my chakras an irradiating to other parts of my body. It's not that strong, but I'd say it's not weak as well.

My question is: if my Kundalini is permanently awaken, does it mean I will get in trouble in a near future if I don't reach enlightment?

Please, help me. I'm scared!

Thank you!

Hey Digofarias,

My two cents: I've experienced similar difficulties as Gopi Krishna, and here I am years later, still ticking.

I think the biggest danger from kundalini overload is psychosis. It could kill someone in theory, but I don't see that as likely. Regardless, a few weeks of out-of-control current isn't gonna do much damage. It's the grueling year after year of it that really takes its toll.

I'd suggest cutting back on practices until you feel better!
Best of luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  5:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

As a person that has just recently tamed a 17 year spontaneous Kundalini awakening, I'd be careful. My experience, which has been outside the Yogic world, is that taming the energy, on one's own, is one of the most difficult feats known. I am not joking nor am I trying to draw attention to myself.

If you actually awaken it, well --- yes, it will likely destroy what you have come to know as "life."

Returning to the Self after an [spontaneous] awakening takes a whole lot of goodness, faith, strength, and love for God and Goddess.

I say these things in a somewhat general sense because I do not know how the Yogic world deals with such things.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 09 2013 8:28:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  7:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys!

Any advice given your experience? :)

quote:
Originally posted by Goodway

As a person that has just recently tamed a 17 year spontaneous Kundalini awakening, I'd be careful. My experience, which has been outside the Yogic world, is that taming the energy, on one's own, is one of the most difficult feats known. I am not joking nor am I trying to draw attention to myself.

If you actually awaken it, well --- yes, it will likely destroy what you have come to know as "life."

Returning to the Self after an [spontaneous] awakening takes a whole lot of goodness, faith, strength, and love for God and Goddess.

I say these things in a somewhat general sense because I do not know how the Yogic world deals with such things.

Edited by - digofarias on Feb 09 2013 7:14:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2013 :  8:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you guys!

Give it a few days and relax. Don't engage in meditation and whatnot. It sounds as though what you have come to know as your mind is not shattered, and this is a good sign.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 10 2013 07:46:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  7:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Goodway

if a lot of water is forced to flow through a hose pipe and neither the waterfow is regulated, nor the pipe is directed, the result will be chaotic to say the least.

If the flow is regulated and the water directed equally to all parts of your garden, then the result will be: beautiful flowers :)

"Good" Yoga has a tendency to be like that, but some yogic systems also may lead to a chaotic awakening.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  10:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

@Goodway

if a lot of water is forced to flow through a hose pipe and neither the waterfow is regulated, nor the pipe is directed, the result will be chaotic to say the least.

If the flow is regulated and the water directed equally to all parts of your garden, then the result will be: beautiful flowers :)

"Good" Yoga has a tendency to be like that, but some yogic systems also may lead to a chaotic awakening.

That which must be done is unnameable because to name it would be to deprive it of its value; however, if I were to say it was good and good alone, I would not be mistaken.

But, yeah, I see your point. It is nice to think of water, these days, rather than fire.

=-)

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 16 2013 07:54:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

NJL

31 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  11:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you guys!

quote:

My advice would boil down to patience.

I had a spontaneous awakening, so using Holy's great analogy of the water, my "pipes" weren't at all ready for the water flowing through them. Shakti did all sorts of housecleaning, but regardless of practices, Shiva was nowhere to be found. It was only a matter of time, however, before he appeared, and then things began to even out. It just required a lot of patience on my part, in this case, several years.

Of course, if you employ a "good" yoga practice, you'll get that equilibrium more quickly. However, everyone's case is so different, it's nearly impossible to apply universal rules to individual situations.
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  11:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NJL

quote:

Thank you guys!

quote:

I had a spontaneous awakening, so using Holy's great analogy of the water, my "pipes" weren't at all ready for the water flowing through them. Shakti did all sorts of housecleaning, but regardless of practices, Shiva was nowhere to be found. It was only a matter of time, however, before he appeared, and then things began to even out. It just required a lot of patience on my part, in this case, several years.

Of course, if you employ a "good" yoga practice, you'll get that equilibrium more quickly. However, everyone's case is so different, it's nearly impossible to apply universal rules to individual situations.

Patience is good advice, without doubt, for a person in the midst of a spontaneous arising.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 15 2013 11:50:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2013 :  11:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by NJL

quote:

Thank you guys!

quote:

All human situations are individual situations. To lose sight of this is to treat lovers like meat. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000