New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  3:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry about any one spot just yet. just explore the nooks and crannies till it gets easy and comfortable. as for drooling, it should get less and you can always take a break to swallow it
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  3:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody

This is so cool! It's exciting watching all your kechari dominoes fall one by one.

Hey Paul, the drooling goes away. Everything gets comfortable after a short time. The tongue will soon just slip into place and the drooling will go away. You will even be able to swallow comfortably.

I'm actually missing the excitement of finding this sensitive realm back when it was new and unexplored.

Hey, try to talk while you're there. Have fun!

Peace, alan
Go to Top of Page

breathe

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit breathe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Paul, I have never drooled, but I will say that the saliva buildup seems to diminish as I get more used to Kechari. I understand that it goes away. I am hopeful. I am not sure why so much saliva is created. It must be be a protection mechanism or some such thing, but that is just a guess.Tom
Go to Top of Page

breathe

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  4:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit breathe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Victor, I will just explore. Tom
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drooling as well as an increase in phlegm production, is purification. I'd say not to swallow the spit...but I'm no expert. It just seems to me that when I swallow the drool from kechari, or any excess phlegm, that it affects my stomach negatively. I may have to take up stomach cleansing with a cloth soon, until it subsides...

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  9:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan,

I am curious about being able to swallow while maintaining stage 2. Do you have any tips to offer?

BTW, the drooling has diminished somewhat.

It is amazing that the full girth of my big fat tongue can slide through that trap door with no problems. Our anatomy is simply amazing how it accomadates stuff like this. Stage 2 just gets easier by the day.

Scott,
I have not experienced any phlegm. I figure that swallowing the drool probably contains enzymes that help digestion. I have not had any adverse reactions to swallowing it.

Can anyone share how long it took before they did not need to use a finger to enter stage 2?

With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  11:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am curious about being able to swallow while maintaining stage 2. Do you have any tips to offer?

Yes. As a drill, start to learn to swallow (a little water) with your tongue sticking out of your mouth and up. It can be done. When you master that, then you can learn to drink water with your tongue in kechari.

However, this is not necessary. I recommend doing it only if you find it fun, or are intrigued by it. If you can't do it, don't worry about it.

The drooling diminished for me over a period of a few weeks. This makes learning to swallow in kechari less necessary.

I can't answer the finger question, since I never used mine to enter kechari.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 27 2006 11:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  11:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lucid, you may be right that the spit is actually good to swallow.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  06:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Yes. As a drill, start to learn to swallow (a little water) with your tongue sticking out of your mouth and up. It can be done. When you master that, then you can learn to drink water with your tongue in kechari.

Thanks David,I will give that a shot.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  2:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is a skill that is more easily learned gradually than intensively.

The trick is that when you swallow, your tongue pulls inward reflexively (and therefore out of kechari); but you can overrule this reflexive action with your will.

You can make the drill even easier, and start learning to swallow with the tongue, on, say, the upper teeth. Get used to that, then learn it with your tongue further out, say on your upper lip. Then do it with your tongue further out and up.

A few swallowings a day will develop this skill rapidly. You'll be able to swallow in kechari eventually without any difficulty.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jun 28 2006 2:30:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  9:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg, have you experienced the tongue riding the nerve in the roof of your mouth?

By clipping, you mean cutting, what is that little thing called below the tongue, someone help me remember?

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2006 :  9:22:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kyman - Not sure what you mean by the tongue 'riding the nerve'. What is that like for you? Yes, by clipping we mean cutting the frenum under the tongue. Small cuts with a cuticle cutter, and then variations on that if you wish. Lots more info here if you're interested.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  11:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does your tongue adhere itself to the roof of your mouth? Does it stick to it. From what I gather, the tongue becomes a conduit to the nerves on the roof of the mouth. The tip connects to the nerve directly above the tongue, in the middle of the roof of the mouth. The outer area of the tongue has nerves which adhere to the nerve coming down near the molars or teeth in the back of your mouth.

Do you ever experience a pulsing sensation in your tongue when it is near the roof of the mouth or traversing the septum. Has it ever been pulled, so to speak?

It seems like when a downward flow of energy travels down the nerves coming down the forehead and through the nose, it channels itself through the tongue, and that, in combination with an energy rising up the nerve going through the middle of the head, it seems to create a polarity or pull. That is what I meant by riding the nerve. At some point you might find it takes no effort for the tongue to traverse the septum, as it can adhere to the nerves and ride them upward on the wave of energy.

I'd love to hear more on your experiences. Does the cutting hurt? What does that little fernum do, or does it have any place in how the tongue operates?

Edited by - Kyman on Jun 30 2006 11:14:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  5:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again, Kyman. I'm not sure if your post is directed to me in particular, but I'll pretend that it is, since no one else has responded. I don't have the experiences that you do, but I have experienced, for many years, a hollowed-out, 'full' feeling in my mouth and jaw, which comes and goes, and which has been enhanced big-time since starting meditation and various AYPractices. Since its expansion, I do feel it pulling up through the middle of the head as you describe, but my tongue has thus far not been part of the conduit that you speak of. Since entering stage 2 kechari, there have been many surprises, so I may be 'riding the nerve' in the near future. :) For now it's all I can do to balance the energy which has come as a result of kechari.

The cutting hurt, yes. I was perhaps too aggressive, and it can be done with smaller, less painful cuts - doesn't have to be a blood bath, in other words. As for the frenum - heck, I don't know what purpose it serves - anyone?

I've heard and read that some people have strong urges with their tongue to roll it back to the soft palate during deep meditation, or like yours, to traverse the septum. This is foreign to me, but my guess is that it is the natural, knee-jerk reaction of the tongue to want to pull upward into kechari. I like to think that kechari is 'home' for the tongue. But that's just my theory, and I haven't finished my thesis quite yet. :)

So, Kyman, are you in kechari? Are you thinking of clipping yer frenum?

Edited by - Manipura on Jun 30 2006 5:27:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  12:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh no, I wouldn't say I am really. I've been asking AYP for advice for a some time now, but I've not laid down any rigorous practice or even a soft one. I just kind of flow from state to state. To be honest, I have cultivated a detached state as a defense mechanism to my living habits.

I do experience the hollowing out feeling in the jaw and mouth, like you mentioned, and I suppose what happens is I feel the tip of my tongue on the roof of my mouth and then that hollowed out feeling goes into the area of the tip of the tongue and an area of the roof it touches. Then the tongue sort gets pulled or locked on it, which is followed by a lot of movement in the tongue, such as throbbing, as well as following a hollowing out feeling which seems to travel that nerve on the roof of the mouth.

It is amazing to talk to anyone who has practiced as much as you have, and others here as well, so I thought I would do you what service I could by sharing my own experiences.

My intuition has always served me well, and I had the feeling that you would benefit from the knowledge of that pull. I could be wrong, but my instincts are telling me that the tongue will find its way up when you are perfectly relaxed. An energy polarity will do all the work.

Just trying to be helpful, while not speaking as an authority on the subject.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  5:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing your experiences here, Kyman. You never know who else is reading along and will benefit from them. For the record, I'm pretty new to all this stuff, and have been meditating for about a year and a half - hardly enough to qualify as a seasoned professional. There are some on the forum who've been at it for much longer than I, and whose insights will come from a deeper well than my own. Interesting that you also have the jaw thing going on. Sometimes my jaw feels like it's open impossibly wide and completely buzzing with energy, but in fact it's closed shut in its normal position. It's a sensation that can last quite a long time. Weird, huh?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  6:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kyman, I experienced the pulling. It comes when you aren't trying...it's how I got into stage 2.

Since then however, I've stopped AYP practices because I found my guru, who said to stop.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, Scott. Did he/she give you reasons to stop? Only answer if you wish to.
-D
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2006 :  10:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure...she just said it wasn't necessary. I will be recieving divya diksha as soon as I get the money to travel to her, so I don't need to try to stimulate the kundalini. In the meantime, I am doing a practice where I am aware of the breath in the nostrils and when one isn't getting enough air I put more attention on it and relax it, to keep both balanced throughout the day. Also, my mantra now is "I am that I am" and it's said out loud instead of in the head. I also can't lean against the wall or pillows anymore . Dang, that was the best part about AYP.

I plan on staying at the forum here to see how everyone progresses, though (as well as to possibly give help when I can). AYP is very interesting in that it's all about how much you put into it. I'm curious to see if anyone comes out of the process enlightened.

If anyone gets some bad kundalini problems, my guru is a good source of info because she went through it herself. Apparently other people with bad awakenings have become better with her help...so if anyone starts to go nuts, remember this. Her website is www.kundalinisupport.com

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Kyman, I experienced the pulling. It comes when you aren't trying...it's how I got into stage 2.

Since then however, I've stopped AYP practices because I found my guru, who said to stop.

-Scott

I stopped the practice after I just had an interesting experience with it. I had laid down to meditate on that are, and did so for too long a time. After rising, I had a slight double vision which lasted a short while. Scary, so I haven't been down that road.

However, when I am watching tv, driving, or meditating, my tongue naturally wells up with that energy, and just adheres to the roof of the mouth. Occasionally, that energy flow will enter the nerve of my tongue, travel down my neck and torso, until it circles back up the spine to the top of my head, where I then feel this circular flow of energy. Like one circuit.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  11:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's nothing spectacular in my view to have energy flows. In fact, I think energy is distracting and kind of boring. I think it's wrong that people try to feel for them. It makes people think they're special...like they're more spiritual if they experience a circuit of energy. That's not the case. What do you get from feeling energy? A sense of satisfaction that you found something new within yourself, but that's about it...the satisfaction soon wears off.

I'd say that you should avoid feeling these things, and instead just meditate, Kyman. Try to forget about feeling the energy, and instead just focus on whatever your object of meditation is. Remember that the core practice of AYP is meditation, and not anything else. Yogani says multiple times in the lessons that it all stems from deep meditation.

So I hope you go back to just meditating. If energy flows come, then they do. It just seems like you're trying to feel them.

-Scott

Edited by - Scott on Jul 02 2006 11:43:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  12:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It's nothing spectacular in my view to have energy flows. In fact, I think energy is distracting and kind of boring. I think it's wrong that people try to feel for them. It makes people think they're special...like they're more spiritual if they experience a circuit of energy.

That's where the AYP forum comes in, Scott. Anyone who comes here thinking that they're 'special' due to excess energy flow will soon find out that their experiences aren't so unique at all. After all, energy experiences are a symptom of purification, which suggests excess mud on the windshield. That's special, all right! :) I have to say, however, that I enjoy the energy when it stays under control. Kyman, your experience with double vision suggests to me that you just need to self-pace, not to back off altogether(?) Ya think?

Edited by - Manipura on Jul 02 2006 12:18:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  9:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It's nothing spectacular in my view to have energy flows. In fact, I think energy is distracting and kind of boring. I think it's wrong that people try to feel for them. It makes people think they're special...like they're more spiritual if they experience a circuit of energy. That's not the case. What do you get from feeling energy? A sense of satisfaction that you found something new within yourself, but that's about it...the satisfaction soon wears off.

I'd say that you should avoid feeling these things, and instead just meditate, Kyman. Try to forget about feeling the energy, and instead just focus on whatever your object of meditation is. Remember that the core practice of AYP is meditation, and not anything else. Yogani says multiple times in the lessons that it all stems from deep meditation.

So I hope you go back to just meditating. If energy flows come, then they do. It just seems like you're trying to feel them.

-Scott

In the sam way, one can experience the flow and move on from it, and then presume that others aren't famliar with your perspective.

I agree, it does create a sense of specialness, which is a trap for identity.

But just because identity would objectify it in a self serving way, doesn't make it any less beautiful an experience.

Our experiences can make us very presumptious about other people. I am thankful for my flaws, my mistakes, my suffering. Only by experiencing it, and at times keeping one foot in chaos, while the other has stepped through the door into heaven, can we speak from experience on the process of healing. No need to hope for me. Though I have a lot of living to do, I am blessed for all I have, or, all I have awareness of.

I rarely meditate anymore because the stillness found in meditation is transfering more to my daily activity. Plus, my body will become flooded with energy when I do so. So I just let my body tend to itself.

For those who do become captivated by their experience, that is normal. I do not look down on anyone for that. The fact that I don't do that anymore, or as much I use to, doesn't make me any better than anyone else. I may at times feel more enlightened, because I practice differently than others, but I try to observe that in myself.

Also, when you have sites like this which lay out such practices, people exploring them is natural. For those of us who stumbled upon this path on our own, it is still normal. I will expect that people will learn through trial and error, when such practices are explained. How can we keep from impacting the body, ways good or bad, when we begin to heal it from within?

That's all we can do. Have fun.

Nice chattin. TTYL.

P.S. Is there anything that isn't spectacular, when finally seeing it as it truly is?

Edited by - Kyman on Jul 04 2006 9:52:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  09:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by meg

I have good length and am able to touch the nasal septum, almost far enough to close off one nostril at a time.

I am at this point too. But I am confused as to what this secret spot is. There is one spot.. a little to the right if the septum all the way back, that is very sensitive to touch.. is this the secret spot?
The opening of the left nasal passages is definitely larger than the right, however it is still too small for the tongue to enter. So anyone who has already entered the nasal passage.. tell me how did you do it? My tongue is long enough to enter it.. but not thin enough. Any suggestions?

I have been following Yogani's suggestion..
The stage 4 technique involves twisting the tongue on its side, top toward the center, by following the groove down with the tip of the tongue from the top of the eustachian tube trumpets on either side of the nasal passages
I can twist my tongue and follow the groove.. but it still does not make it easier.. Keep trying I guess.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 09 2006 10:14:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2006 :  3:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think back to all those times I got water splashed into my nose till it burned really bad, and now, I understand why.

I just got into stage two, and I like everyone else have noticed a profound sense of self pacing. A strong feeling of how fast to go and that there is no need to rush.

I'm experiencing a lot of stretching on the soft palette. When my tongue pushing through it pushes the soft palatte down, putting tension on the tissues that hold it in place. I haven't been able to sit for more than a minute or two in that position, as I have just gotten through, but I can already feel the pull upward.

It seems as long as the tongue is in contact with some form of tissue it gets pulled up by the conductivity.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000