New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2012 :  2:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a doodle poll to help us find the best time. I only included the times that I could host. Hope that's okay.

http://www.doodle.com/38h5bbqrpvviaxed

Please just put in your first name and check the times you can participate. I'll pick the time with the most overlap and announce it here.

All the best!
--Liz
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  9:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did the poll, Liz, and I'm in fir whenever is good for everyone else!
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  01:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello dear ones… Merry Christmas to all!!!

Sorry about the late posting, I wanted to share my experience with the group meditation.

I was going through a long period of overload since January 2012 and away from meditation, still powerful things kept happening with me, though the life outside was not much affected badly. Instead, some awesome development took place in the mean time in my professional and personal life, as well as spiritual life (silence/conductivity wise), making it a very fulfilling year. However, there was everyday issue as I had to deal with the overload symptoms – mostly pain and pressure on the forehead, and not being able to meditate a bit as it will have almost immediately increased symptoms.

Recently things were calming down step by step, and I started to experiment with couple of minutes meditation, some time breath focused and sometime with the long mantra, to see how it turns out. When I read about the group meditation here, I was enthusiastic but did not know if I could make it or not.

On the day, I sat for the meditation and from the very beginning there was a strong grounded feeling that I found very reassuring – so much that during the meditation often I started noticing that how well I am doing and how good it feels, then ooops – pause the thought and back to the breath!! I have experienced an amazing new level of silence where my body seemed to be weightless like a feather, permeated by silence.

I did not have any time frame in mind before going in, and started with SBP and then breath meditation after five minutes of SBP, and got up when I felt like it. Then looking at the time I found that I actually did a full session. Currently I am regularly having one sitting per day with breath meditation.

I am very thankful to dear Liz, Kami and everybody for making the group meditation happen. If timing allows, I will be interested to join in the coming events.

Edited by - Swan on Dec 26 2012 01:59:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  2:34:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swan,

Thank you for that beautiful account. And for the radiance you bring to this forum. I love reading your posts, and am grateful to have shared that experience with you, and everyone who made it.

Much love to you,
kami
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  01:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Kami. I am also very happy and grateful to be a part of the voyage towards light, along with the amazing people like you

Much love to you too...
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  11:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swan! I'm glad things are smoothing out for you!

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for your responses to the doodle poll. It looks like there is no time that works for everyone, but 9AM Central seems to work for most.

So lets have our New Year's Day meditation at 9:00 AM Central. I'll initiate the Skype call at 8:55.

There's room for 3 more participants, if anyone else would like to join.

If you've already sent me your skype user name, please send me an e-mail indicating that you would like to participate.

To sign up for the first time:

• Please send me an e-mail with your Skype user name.

• I will then send you a request via Skype asking you to add me to your Skype Contacts.

• Once I've been added to your Skype contacts, you will be able to participate in the group video call.

Contacting me via e-mail:

• If you have already posted 5 times in the forums, you can use the "Send E-mail" function on my profile page.

• For those who have not yet posted 5 times, I've added my e-mail to the bio section of the profile.

Happy New Year, everyone! I look forward to seeing you next year!

--Liz
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  12:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  6:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Thanks again amazing Liz!!

Was wondering how people feel about going with a retreat kind of practice this time with 5-10 min SBP, 20 min DM, 10 min samyama (optional) and 10 min rest? Would require an hour of everyone's time.. Is that acceptable for most? If not we could just go with the DM like the global weekend schedule, no worries.

Love,
kami
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  12:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I've got Cosmic, Faile, mikkij, Carson, Yonatan, Kami, and AumNaturel at 9:00 AM Central.

American_Baba, spiritdancer, and healthy119 can't make it at that time, so I'll start up another call at 11:00 Central but likely won't participate in the meditation. It'll be too much, I think.

Did I miss anyone?

Love!
--Liz

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
Was wondering how people feel about going with a retreat kind of practice this time

I'd be in for that next time around if there are enough interested. This coming group session should be helpful in ruling out some factors that might have been hampering the skype connection on my end in the latter part of the very first group meditation.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  1:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like that idea kami!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update: have Cosmic, Faile, mikkij, Carson, Yonatan, Kami, AumNaturel, spiritdancer, and healthy119 at 9:00 AM Central.

I'd like to forgo the second session, if possible. American Baba, can you make the 9:00 call?

Look forward to seeing you again!

--Liz

P.S. I'll host a Skype meditation on Jan 19th at 10:15 AM Central.
Here's the topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12370
Here's where you can sign up: http://aypglobalmeditation.eventbrite.com
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  6:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I won’t be available to attend the early morning slot but thanks for checking. I can always catch one of the weekend sessions. Our first Skype session was my first Skype experience ever (by the way, I have often said that if I ever had to change my name to a symbol it would be the question mark so while I didn’t know I was sitting there looking like a big question mark before I turned on my camera I thought it was quite fitting) and I enjoyed it very much. It almost felt like a retreat to see so many of the friendly faces of folks I have met at various retreats and it was nice to put some faces to some of the usernames I see so frequently. I hope everyone has a worthwhile experience tomorrow. I will rejoin you soon. In the meantime, Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

healthy119

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  7:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Whippoorwill, I am interested in being apart of the New Year's Day meditation at 9:00 AM Central. I have sent you a message on Skype and email just to cover all basis. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

healthy119

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  7:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Whipporwill I didn’t pook close enough at your previous posting on the 9:00 AM Jan 1 DM! I see you have me included. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  06:47:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys, most likely not going to be at this one
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  11:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad that I missed this one as well. Was having a kiddie crisis at the time things got started so didn't get a chance to hop on the call. Hope it was great.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2013 :  10:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I couldn't make it onto Skype this time, but I was right there with you all. It was another deep session for me, very physically relaxing as well. Thank you all who participated
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000