AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 there is more to it than 'holding back'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bliss_

25 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  12:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit bliss_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This post is based on my experience... I'm not claiming it to be 100% right, I'm glad to read diverging opinions.

In my experience with tantric sex, to just hold back before orgasm is not enough to preserve the sexual energy. If I practice that way for 1 or 2 hours daily I notice my libido is gone almost as if I had spilled the seed, and instead of having full sexual energy the next day I have to wait for a few days to fill the reservoir again, yoga practice is afected by this loss as well. So what has gone wrong? Wasn't I practicing as instructed?

- Lovemaking by itself exhausts sexual energy, even without orgasm.
- A prolonged regular hard erection exhausts sexual energy
- Even being a whole day horny and thinking a lot about sex exhausts sexual energy.
- Getting drunk, not sleeping enough, cofee, etc... exhausts sexual energy
- etc...

- Properly performed tantric sex accumulates sexual energy.
- Properly performed yoga practices accumulate sexual energy.

So what is properly performed tantric sex? It's not just holding back before orgasm.
From my observation we have some spasms in the genitals during lovemaking that are not the orgasm itself but can be compared to mini-orgasms... these are stronger and unmistakenly percieved when we approach orgasm too closely and holdback before ejaculation. There is a great loss of energy during these spams, if orgasm was approached too closely the loss could be almost compared to a full orgasm. So, stay far away from orgasm, if you have to hold back because your almost having an orgasm it's already a fail, instead just try to head on for the sensual blissful feeling you get in spinal breathing, that feeling is sexual but not genital, it is whole body and not penis centered, it calls for a melting and not for an ejaculation, it's heightend by relaxing the body, it works better with a half-erection instead of full blown erection... actually the act of gentle masturbation with a flacid lingam depicts the atitude quite well. Get rid of those micro spams that happen during love making, they are like a regurgitation of the distilled vapors harnessed from sperm energy volatilized by the fire of excitation.

If feelings of ticlking in the testicles (see my previous post) are sensed during and/or after the act it's a good sign because the exercise has accumulated energy instead of wasting it off. If we feel almost every day as if in the peak of the sexual cycle it's also a sign we are not wasting...

After all this research I conclude that ironically the best 'tantric sexual practices' are actually kriya pranayam and yoni mudra and not really sex. They are much safer for we know that accumulation is always happening whereas during the sexual act it is sometimes hard for me to monitor what is going on. The spasmic regurgitations of the penis can be from strong (orgasm) to very subtle (just press the lingam and feel it at the perineum), constant awareness and proper atitude are required.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  11:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So, stay far away from orgasm, if you have to hold back because your almost having an orgasm it's already a fail,

Hi Bliss,

Very insightful and helpful observations, thank you. I would personally take the word "fail" out of your above conclusion. As Yogani mentions, it is the amount of time you spend pre-orgasmic that is important, having an orgasm isn't a failure, this is something I had to correct in my thinking as it was causing me unnecessary stress.

I personally find that the more successful I am at bringing the energy up, instead of down and out, the less the loss (if any) and the more my sitting practices seem to benefit. As you mention, I also associate more loss with orgasmic feelings being centered in the genital area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000