Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Peaceful Warrior Movie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  10:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday I went and saw the movie "Peaceful Warrior" which is based on Dan Millman's book Way of the Peaceful Warrior. I have to say that they did a fantastic job filming this.

Peaceful Warrior was excellent. It tugged on the emotions and definitely fired up the kundalini. I mainly went to see this movie to give support to these films so that hopefully they begin to catch on and we start seeing more of them in the theaters.

I may have enjoyed the movie more than the book - It was that good!

Check it out - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Paul

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  11:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't even know the movie was out, I really enjoyed the book so will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up Paul, good to have you back.

A
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  7:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Saw this film over the weekend and enjoyed it greatly. Hopefully this is only the beginning for this genre.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  8:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a really difficult time watching it, as the screenplay and acting were painful (for me). But then, I'm the only one I know who had to leave the theater during "What the Bleep."
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  9:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,

Had you read the book before seeing the film?

I must admit that the christ pose on the rings (in the rain) outside the gas station was a bit much for my taste, but it gave me a nice chuckle. :)

Brett
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  05:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brett - No, I didn't read the book. I'd never heard of the guy. Is that why my eyes were the only dry ones in the house? I've since read an interview with him (Millman) and he seems intelligent and very humble. Christ of the Rings was indeed painful, as was Satan on the Belltower.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  12:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,

I hadn't read the book either, but was asking because I noticed a few bad reviews from fans of the book who felt it didn't translate well to the screen.

Looking back, I think what did it for me was simply the fact that these ideas were being conveyed in a full length feature film. The problem of course may lie in the fact that the ideas aren't anything too groundbreaking to those already on the path, and not many others will be attracted to seeing it. Hehe I agree satan on the belltower was a definitely a bit extreme, but I thought it conveyed the aspect of self vs. ego pretty well overall.

I certainly won't be trading in my Big Lebowski DVD for it anytime soon, but still thought it was worth the seven bucks to see Nick Nolte get on about living in the moment.

Edited by - trip1 on Jul 27 2006 01:12:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  12:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by trip1

I think what did it for me was simply the fact that these ideas were being conveyed in a full length feature film.

That's what most people have said, about this film and about 'What the Bleep'. I respect that, and yes, it's great that these profound ideas are making it to the big screen. It would be even better if they had the quality of a major film to carry the message with the full integrity of the medium. But without the big budgets, this is what we get, and that's fine. But hey - I had a religious experience last weekend at Pirates of the Caribbean, so don't listen to me.

Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  2:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg,

quote:
"But hey - I had a religious experience last weekend at Pirates of the Caribbean, so don't listen to me."

That's funny. I had one while watching "You've Got Mail" on TBS.

Edited by - Scott on Jul 27 2006 3:04:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  10:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I had a religious experience last weekend at Pirates of the Caribbean, so don't listen to me.

... when was that Meg.. I saw it last weekend too..
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  12:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:
I had a religious experience last weekend at Pirates of the Caribbean, so don't listen to me.

... when was that Meg.. I saw it last weekend too..

Twice. The first was when Mr. Squidface (forgot his name) appeared for the first time. It was so awesome that my eyes got a little leaky. The second was when the sea monster attacked the ships. And I guess a third was when Mr. Squid said very matter of factly, "I am the Sea." I just about wet my pants.

BTW, I have no idea what the story was about.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  12:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
guess you missed part one.. Not that that would have helped much..

Edited by - Shanti on Jul 28 2006 12:44:02 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000